I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We decided to buy our son a ticket for our August trip instead of doing the whole lap child thing since he is getting so squirmy. Didn't think I would already be spending those URs that I just earned! Just wanted to check that transferring them to SW is pretty straight forward and quick. Also, would anyone know if I could try to add his ticket to our current confirmation number if I call SW to purchase the ticket?

Are you bringing a car seat? Daughter travels with a car seat from Walmart that is maybe a little more than $45. (Haven't looked for it today) They have/had Disney designs and are very light, about 8 pounds, but airline approved. She carries it or them attached by a big hook to the stroller and gate checks the stroller. When she used the double stroller I had to go to the gate with her to get her through.

Edit: it was a Cosco Scenera with Disney design, but no Disney when I searched. $49.99.
Another edit: babies use the car seat on the airplane. Lots easier than holding onto squirmy granddaughters.

Last edited:
Please do. My interpretation of the fine print does make it sound like you have to register for the promotion first and then book your flight:

"Registration and promotional A-List status confirmation must be completed prior to booking of travel to receive A-List benefits"

"Valid on new reservations booked and flown within the Promotional Time Period only."

But, I'm not sure how they can keep track of that in the sense of you are now a regular/normal A-list member, so it should apply to any flight reservation "within the Promotional Time Period only" (regardless of when the reservation was made).
If they have a good database design, this would be very easy to determine. Date A list started=> than date flight booked, A list, if not, then no A list. And they have to be keeping track of date booked since cancellation funds are linked to it for expiration date.

It looks like w the double credit deal going on right now w Marriott, we will hit platinum after our swan trip next month. How does platinum work? Is it 12 months or is it the rest of this year and all of next? Or does it not kick in until next year?

That's cute.... keeping track like that...my Dsis kept a serious list for both her kiddos too..... they both eat lots of things too,maybe that's why!
There’s a whole program around first 100 foods before the age of 1. There’s a list to go off of but you can change it to whatever you want. We can’t do dairy so we had to improvise some. It was really fun to keep track and see how he reacted to each food.

It looks like w the double credit deal going on right now w Marriott, we will hit platinum after our swan trip next month. How does platinum work? Is it 12 months or is it the rest of this year and all of next? Or does it not kick in until next year?

Rest of this year and all of next, expiring Feb 2023. If nothing changes. Also, if you have a Biz and a Personal, 30 credits. And last two years another elite bonus of half your status, so if that continues some will keep platinum until they change it.

Are you bringing a car seat? Daughter travels with a car seat from Walmart that is maybe a little more than $45. (Haven't looked for it today) They have/had Disney designs and are very light, about 8 pounds, but airline approved. She carries it or them attached by a big hook to the stroller and gate checks the stroller. When she used the double stroller I had to go to the gate with her to get her through.

Edit: it was a Cosco Scenera with Disney design, but no Disney when I searched. $49.99.
Another edit: babies use the car seat on the airplane. Lots easier than holding onto squirmy granddaughters.

I'm actually going to get the CARES harness for him because we don't want to lug around a carseat. It is FAA approved.
https://www.amazon.com/Child-Airplane-Travel-Harness-Restraint/dp/B0012E4FV8

I registered for the SW A-list promo and my account now shows “A-list earned through 6/30/21.”
My flight is in just under 36 hours from now but I don’t see an assigned boarding group and if I try to check in, it says check in is 24 hours before flight.
Should I already have a boarding group with A-list?

You might be able to see if you got A-list for the flight if you try to buy Early Bird Check In. I remember when I had A-list, the website wouldn't let me purchase it for my own tickets, but I could purchase it for everyone else.

I want to make sure I’m not making a mistake before I pull the trigger.

DH (P2) needs to get some kind of Amex Business card with me as an AU so that we can pool MR. I wanted to get the Blue Business Plus because I saw an offer for 50,000 MR, but when I clicked through, signed in as P2, “I” could not get the offer. I liked the 50K MR plus the no annual fee. It would make the BBP a get it and forget it kind of card.

But DH did have an offer for a Business Gold: 70K MR with 10,000 spend, $300 statement credits, $295 AF. I would only be able to use $150 of the statement credits.

Should I get the Gold or the BBP? If I get the Gold, I will probably PC or close it after a year, losing the AU connection to pool MR between P2 and myself. If I get the BBP, I can keep it for as long as we use Amex, and be able to transfer MR, but I will miss out on the 70K Gold offer, plus will miss out on any later offers for the BBP.

Am I missing any major decision making criteria? WWYD?

Is the Disney Visa worth it if...

-I've got two credit cards already which give me better cashback/miles
-I visit WDW every other year only
-I'm a teacher, so I need to go during school holidays (that is, couldn't necessarily take advantage of cardholder discounts at resorts)
-We don't do table service dining, only QS

I really want one, but I think it's just a want, and not something which would serve me. I'd love to hear from the impartial experts!

I want to make sure I’m not making a mistake before I pull the trigger.

DH (P2) needs to get some kind of Amex Business card with me as an AU so that we can pool MR. I wanted to get the Blue Business Plus because I saw an offer for 50,000 MR, but when I clicked through, signed in as P2, “I” could not get the offer. I liked the 50K MR plus the no annual fee. It would make the BBP a get it and forget it kind of card.

But DH did have an offer for a Business Gold: 70K MR with 10,000 spend, $300 statement credits, $295 AF. I would only be able to use $150 of the statement credits.

Should I get the Gold or the BBP? If I get the Gold, I will probably PC or close it after a year, losing the AU connection to pool MR between P2 and myself. If I get the BBP, I can keep it for as long as we use Amex, and be able to transfer MR, but I will miss out on the 70K Gold offer, plus will miss out on any later offers for the BBP.

Am I missing any major decision making criteria? WWYD?

I had the exact same plan - have DH hold BBP indefinitely with me as AU. But then hit against the 4 Amex credit card rule (or 5 for some lucky people, not DH though). I wanted the slot, so canceled the BBP. He has a pretty new biz plat, so added myself as no fee green AU on that. When it's time to cancel that card, I'll figure something else out.

The biz gold is a nice offer. It's available with support too for some extra MR. Or you might be able to pull up the 110k biz plat offer via support. Personally, I hate taking an offer when I know there's a better one out there (even if I'm not targeted lol).

Keep in mind that you need to be an AU for 90 days before you can transfer out.

-I'm a teacher, so I need to go during school holidays (that is, couldn't necessarily take advantage of cardholder discounts at resorts)

I really want one, but I think it's just a want, and not something which would serve me. I'd love to hear from the impartial experts!

It's not a popular card to get around here. It doesn't have a high sign-up bonus and will take up a Chase 5/24 slot (can't get any Chase cards if you've had 5 or more personal cards in the last 24 months). If you want to open a new card, there are much better choices.

If you have a Chase checking account, you can request a Disney debit card. It has the designs and I think all of the same benefits (just not the points earnings).

You can pool MR's with an AU account? I missed this somehow. I am an AU on DH BBP, have been for a year or longer. I can put his MR's in my account?

I'm actually going to get the CARES harness for him because we don't want to lug around a carseat. It is FAA approved.
https://www.amazon.com/Child-Airplane-Travel-Harness-Restraint/dp/B0012E4FV8
I always liked the idea of the CARES Harness, but have always needed the carseat when we got to the destination. I really don't see the point of checking the car seat to have the child in the harness. Now that my youngest doesn't need the car seat at our destination, we are just going to have him in the seat by himself.

Like @wanderlust7 pointed out, you get all of the benefits except the 0% for six months on vacation packages with the Disney Debit card available from Chase. I had one for a couple years, got my first bank bonus for opening that account too.

It's not a popular card to get around here. It doesn't have a high sign-up bonus and will take up a Chase 5/24 slot (can't get any Chase cards if you've had 5 or more personal cards in the last 24 months). If you want to open a new card, there are much better choices.

If you have a Chase checking account, you can request a Disney debit card. It has the designs and I think all of the same benefits (just not the points earnings).

I will say one of the reasons why I got it and put myself at 5/24 is that my regular grocery store doesn't code as grocery with amex but it does with chase and discover. The 2% back on grocery is better than I'll do in the quarters neither of them have grocery or if there's not special deal with the CSR or Hyatt. But I also realize Fred Meyer is an outlier and unless you live in the PNW you aren't shopping there. Now I could have used the visas/mastercards I buy at Safeway when they have their coupons, which came out today, but I use those for stuff I can never get more on, like copays. Plus I'd run out before the next promo and I don't have a card with office supplies.

All that to say it totally depends on what your goals and and what you plan to do. But if you are just looking for a way to save on disney, there are better ways to do it via gift cards or collecting points to stay at the swan dolphin. Or to cover airfare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter