I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We live in CT(southern CT, along Long Island Sound)
I have a week off and July and would like to do something for a few days that is within a 3ish hour drive.
Might do a day trip to Legoland NY if it ever opens or Lake Compounce but looking for something a bit more relaxing. My 4 year old and 6 year old aren’t the best swimmers so Misquamicut probably isn’t the best idea.
Anyone have any ideas? I know many people go to Cape May or Wildwood NJ but again, not sure about the little kids and the ocean yet.

I live only 20-30 minutes from compounce, and have season passes. We went last weekend for opening weekend, and although I packed my patience, I was unimpressed this visit. Hopefully things will get better once the water park opens. I’d say if you’ve never been, and with your kids those ages, you could spend two days.

When we activated our passes, we had to go to the campground. I will say the cabins looked really nice, and there are two hotels right down the road from compounce.

Normally, I really enjoy taking the grands there. It just seemed their safety protocols were really inconsistent. One ride was cleaned between every group, while on another they didn’t even make you use the sanitizer first. And forget about being six feet apart in line. Although, I guess with the change in mask guidance, maybe it doesn’t matter as much. I’m vaccinated, but obviously the kids aren’t.

I always liked compounce ‘s kid’s section. Very compact and seldom long waits. The line for food last weekend, though, was so slow that we ultimately left the park to eat. One thing to keep in mind, not just for compounce but for other places, too—they’re still hiring, and I’ve never seen them looking for help so late in the season. I know a lot of shoreline places can’t get enough help either.

Oh, last thing I want to mention. As of right now, the park plans to remain closed throughout the summer on tuesdays and Wednesday’s.

I got my Peleton bike+ on March 21st and I love it! I paid in full to cover the MSR on my gold (pink) AmEx as I don't like to finance anything, so I can't comment on the 0%. I can tell you that your entire family will enjoy it. You have to do the core workouts (Emma Lovewell is the best!) -- they are killer. I have 3 favorite spin (Christine, Jenn and Cody) instructors and Adrian Williams has amazing strength classes. I can't say enough good things about Peleton. I regret not getting one a long time ago.
DH wants us to get the Peloton, I would have to give up my gym membership which has worked out really will for me, I have been going regularly for 1.5 years but I'm getting burnt out which is why I'm considering the Peloton, but I'm afraid I might regret cancelling my membership.

We will probably wait until next month, DH is going to downgrade his current CSR and try to double dip the sapphire cards next month. If we go that route it will help with the MSR and earn 10pts/$1.

DH wants us to get the Peloton, I would have to give up my gym membership which has worked out really will for me, I have been going regularly for 1.5 years but I'm getting burnt out which is why I'm considering the Peloton, but I'm afraid I might regret cancelling my membership.

We will probably wait until next month, DH is going to downgrade his current CSR and try to double dip the sapphire cards next month. If we go that route it will help with the MSR and earn 10pts/$1.
The CSP (and I think the CSR) has $60 statement credit on Peloton Digital and All-Access memberships thru 12/31, if you wanted to give the classes a try (before purchasing a bike and giving up gym)

Congrats-I'm super excited for you and fingers crossed the trip happens!!!

Great advice. So yummy! And not to turn this into the best pizza in Rome thread, but Roscioli pizza is also a MUST! 😉

If you go to Rome, you must try Pizzarium! Best pizza ever. It's a small take-out counter but I still think about that pizza!

Keep the tips coming! I've never been to Rome before.

My AF hit on the Gold Amex and I called in. They offered me 10K to keep the card open with no spend requirement. The other option was a $75 credit with 1K spend. I took the 10K for free!

Does anyone have experience staying at any of the Hilton Grand Vacation properties in Orlando. We checked into the Parc Soleil last night..haven’t seen the grounds in daylight but the 2 br is beautiful nicer than the Marriott and DVC rooms we have stayed in....wondering how the other properties are, we used our Chase UR points to book the room
I'll let you know in August. We are booked at HGV Tuscany Village 8/5-8/8.

Just did my taxes but no MSR going to get met with that payment. I put the $75 I owed on my Disney Visa so at 5% that will get me 3.75 in Disney Dollars! And I had to pay a $2.50 fee so that's a net of $1.25. Was going to drop them a check but, you know, the mail. Easier to have a receipt in hand.

With the wide variety of Peleton classes, you really don't need a gym membership. Just the bike (or bike+ or Tread), a mat, weights (I have 8, 10, 12, 15, 20 and 25lb free weights) and maybe a few bands (though not really necessary). The Peleton classes offer the convenience of working out at home combined with a first rate experience. Plus they have built-in trackers for your progress and the bike+ syncs with your iWatch so that you can see your heart rate and progress on the screen (if you wish to). It's really an incredible experience.

Does anyone have experience staying at any of the Hilton Grand Vacation properties in Orlando. We checked into the Parc Soleil last night..haven’t seen the grounds in daylight but the 2 br is beautiful nicer than the Marriott and DVC rooms we have stayed in....wondering how the other properties are, we used our Chase UR points to book the room
We stay at HGVC Seaworld from time to time. We love the grounds and spacious units there plus it’s walking distance to Seaworld. How are the Parc Soleil grounds and amenities?
I'll let you know in August. We are booked at HGV Tuscany Village 8/5-8/8.
In a moment of weakness, I purchased one of those Orlando Hilton offers in exchange for listening to a timeshare presentation. We haven't decided when or which one yet so I would also appreciate any opinions. We would use it for a resort type weekend. Have fun!

In a moment of weakness, I purchased one of those Orlando Hilton offers in exchange for listening to a timeshare presentation. We haven't decided when or which one yet so I would also appreciate any opinions. We would use it for a resort type weekend. Have fun!
So far love Parc Soleil...we have a 2 br...room is huge as is the balcony has a table with 4 chairs and a lounge chair...2 pools nice grounds plenty of parking..

Is anyone else using the AmEx telephone credits for TMobile? I am going to have contact. AmEx since one of them didn’t credit but my others did. So strange.

Happy Sunday everyone, we've had a slow churning week.
We are without an MSR, but are maximizing all the Chase spend offers.
Also trying to figure out where we want to stay in Hawaii next year, we had originally planned 3 islands, Big Island to visit Volcano NP (but we are probably going to cut this one out to say money), then Maui, and last Oahu.

We are looking at a more active itinerary, so I'm struggling to find the right hotels. I would love to do some nice resorts but I'm not sure a resort is the right option for us since we'll be exploring most of the day.

I was originally looking at the Hyatt Regency Maui & The Royal Hawaii in Oahu. But now I'm thinking maybe we just need a place to sleep, nothing fancy.

We’ll be needing 2 rooms, so points are adding up quick.
We have loads of URs to pay for Hyatt stays, but also have 300k Marriott points that I want to use. We’ll need to transfer some MRs over to Marriott for the second room, but I’m okay with that.
I know lots have visited Hawaii recently - or are going this summer- what do you all suggest?
Was looking at the Hyatt Place in Honolulu, anyone stay there? We currently have enough Hyatt points to pay for 2 rooms 5 nights, wouldn’t need to transfer URs, then maybe we could use the savings from that to stay at Aulani for 2 nights. That would mean that we need to stay at a Marriott hotel in Maui - any hotel recommendations there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter