I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering going for another amex plat biz card. I did this around new year's with the email offer that ended up waiving the AF for the first year so it was a great offer. Now when I log in to amex and go to the offers on my BBP, it's showing up to "add business platinum" for 150,000 MR. I see no lifetime language so I'm thinking I could get the SUB? Even with the AF I think with the dell credits I could offset some of that. Is there still and airline credit or did that go away? We won't have trouble meeting the MSR. Is there a reason I'm not thinking of that I shouldn't do this though? For example, I know I wouldn't want to keep either of these cards past the first year and pay the AF again, so will there be a card with $0 AF that I can downgrade them to? Just thinking amex won't like me cancelling two cards so close together.
I say go for it if you can hit the spend. Yes, there is still $200 of airline credit per year, $200 of Dell credit per year, so even with the AF the 150K MR are more than worth it. Like you, DH got his first Biz Plat with the AF that was waived, and when this offer came up under his BBP I jumped on it. He just got the Schwab Plat so 150K is worth $1875-AF is still $1280 plus all the credits. I know others are much more concerned with the pop up, but I'm not about to let a $1280 SUB go by just because I may get the pop up in the future. I think you can maybe downgrade to a Green, but that also has an annual fee, so any Biz Plat I get is one and done for me.
Any tips on where to find it when it does show up?
When it's there it's on the right hand side underneath MR Points. Not sure where it's at on mobile.

Any tips on where to find it when it does show up?
Right hand side of the main summary page of each card.

If it doesn’t show up and you have 3-4 min the chat feature works well, they’ll be able to tell you how close you are to the MSR very quickly, as well as the end date. I did it at 12am the other day so I assume they’re 24/7

Chicago trip tips??? I think we've settled on going there, since neither of us have been. Where should we stay? I have some Marriott Points. Any absolute must dos? I definitely want to go to the field museum (looks like they'll have a Marvel exhibit the week we're there!). We'd also love to catch a Cubs game but I know tickets are hard to come by.

Hope you brought back some moonshine! We just went 2 weeks ago. But we go once or twice a year since we only live 2.5 hours away. We've seen all the attractions and Smoky Mountain sights. Now we just go for the booze. Haha. :rotfl2: But seriously, we got some oatmeal cookie moonshine that is total bonkers! It's SO good.
Yes we sure did!!!

I say go for it if you can hit the spend. Yes, there is still $200 of airline credit per year, $200 of Dell credit per year, so even with the AF the 150K MR are more than worth it. Like you, DH got his first Biz Plat with the AF that was waived, and when this offer came up under his BBP I jumped on it. He just got the Schwab Plat so 150K is worth $1875-AF is still $1280 plus all the credits. I know others are much more concerned with the pop up, but I'm not about to let a $1280 SUB go by just because I may get the pop up in the future. I think you can maybe downgrade to a Green, but that also has an annual fee, so any Biz Plat I get is one and done for me.

When it's there it's on the right hand side underneath MR Points. Not sure where it's at on mobile.
So is there any way to double dip the Dell credits if I wait to apply next month?- I probably won’t because I’m afraid the offer will disappear. But if I applied mid to late June could I possibly get the first Dell credit in June and the second right away in July and then cancel in time to have the AF refunded? Or is that not possible or something I shouldn’t try to do?

Chicago trip tips??? I think we've settled on going there, since neither of us have been. Where should we stay? I have some Marriott Points. Any absolute must dos? I definitely want to go to the field museum (looks like they'll have a Marvel exhibit the week we're there!). We'd also love to catch a Cubs game but I know tickets are hard to come by.
oooh Chicago is one of our favorite cities! We did the Chicago Architecture River Cruise, and it was one of our favorite things we did on the trip! We stayed at the Holiday Inn Chicago-Mart Plaza River North, because we had FNC. The view was incredible, as our room was facing the river so it was really awesome. Definitely check out the Bean. We picked up bikes at one of the rental places (they're everywhere on the street), and just rode up and down the shoreline, from around Pier Park to Field Museum. That was so much fun too!

We did Chicago in 2019. We stayed at the RI Chicago Downtown Loop (I worked at the Chicago Fed out of college so I know that area well and we were seeing Hamilton so the location was convenient).

Our must dos were a Cubs game, Shedd Aquarium, Museum of Science and Industry, Michigan Avenue and pizza at Lou Malnati's.

oooh Chicago is one of our favorite cities! We did the Chicago Architecture River Cruise, and it was one of our favorite things we did on the trip! We stayed at the Holiday Inn Chicago-Mart Plaza River North, because we had FNC. The view was incredible, as our room was facing the river so it was really awesome. Definitely check out the Bean. We picked up bikes at one of the rental places (they're everywhere on the street), and just rode up and down the shoreline, from around Pier Park to Field Museum. That was so much fun too!
Agree, the architecture cruises are amazing!!! We did that, Navy Pier, one of the towers LOL, but I forger which one, the bean. Have pizza at Gino's east. We stayed at an IHG Boutique hotel right on the river, it was fantastic!!

Maybe the wrong forum, but anyone have tips to get from HOU or IAH to OGG in March? GF prefers a layover to stretch legs, so maybe someplace with a Centurion Lounge like LAX/LAS/SFO?

Looking for 2 RT tickets, any airline, any class as long as the points cover most of itl; I have 45k UR and 150k MR to spend. Will have ~$500 in United travel bank if the AmEx flight credit keeps working like FlyerTalk says it is.

So I just checked my Chase account on CSP. I venmo's DD about $160. It says Personal and the listed under Business Service. So am assuming it did not code as cash advance is this correct. Where would I see that if if did?

Is there a thread or website that has tips on how to max out the 5% categories for chase freedoms? I'm a newbie trying to learn

Called VA and got my miles and taxes refunded so I can start planning again in Oct for Japan etc. Just have to figure out which card I used for the taxes since she couldn't find it. Should've written it down.

Since it's now full steam ahead for wdw I ordered my mb yesterday and dme. Just need to chat/call with my room requests. Figure out what adrs I want and hope fp comes back by then :surfweb: so I can have 2 super early wake ups instead of 1.

I'm considering going for another amex plat biz card. I did this around new year's with the email offer that ended up waiving the AF for the first year so it was a great offer. Now when I log in to amex and go to the offers on my BBP, it's showing up to "add business platinum" for 150,000 MR. I see no lifetime language so I'm thinking I could get the SUB? Even with the AF I think with the dell credits I could offset some of that. Is there still and airline credit or did that go away? We won't have trouble meeting the MSR. Is there a reason I'm not thinking of that I shouldn't do this though? For example, I know I wouldn't want to keep either of these cards past the first year and pay the AF again, so will there be a card with $0 AF that I can downgrade them to? Just thinking amex won't like me cancelling two cards so close together.
Airline credit is still good. Honestly I don't see a reason not to go for the card since you can hit the MSR, 150k MRs is one sweet bonus.

So I just checked my Chase account on CSP. I venmo's DD about $160. It says Personal and the listed under Business Service. So am assuming it did not code as cash advance is this correct. Where would I see that if if did?
I can't help with the Venmo, but I ordered a pizza online last week from a restaurant, used DH's CSR thinking to PYB, and it also coded as Personal Business Services! I guess they used a 3rd party service to accept orders.

I hate posting TPG stuff but I saw this there first. Hilton is eliminating free breakfast for elites in the US July-Dec 2021 and offering a $15 credit/room instead :sad2:

Looks like TPG took out the $15 part and put this:
"The exact daily food & beverage credit amounts will range depending on the brand and location. The credit is availableper room. Hilton will announce more details in the coming weeks."
(Typo theirs lol.)

We're booked for the Grand Wailea in July. I would hope it's at least $40, which is what they're giving now.

"The exact daily food & beverage credit amounts will range depending on the brand and location. The credit is availableper room. Hilton will announce more details in the coming weeks."
(Typo theirs lol.)

We're booked for the Grand Wailea in July. I would hope it's at least $40, which is what they're giving now.
Lol. Wow, they said $15 multiple times when they posted the article- top notch reporting as always TPG! (My favorite part about this might be the website address still says 15 :rotfl2:)

Yes we sure did!!!

So is there any way to double dip the Dell credits if I wait to apply next month?- I probably won’t because I’m afraid the offer will disappear. But if I applied mid to late June could I possibly get the first Dell credit in June and the second right away in July and then cancel in time to have the AF refunded? Or is that not possible or something I shouldn’t try to do?

I'm going to assume you mean the second year AF? You can get 3 Dell credit on 1 AF. Maybe you can get the 4th Dell credit, but will depend on when your AF is charged.

It's risky to cut the Dell credit too close to the end date since Dell only charges once it's shipped. Sometimes they don't ship that fast. Or if you do the Xbox GC, sometimes those are delayed or canceled. I've had that happen before. Order got stuck and I didn't think it was going to post in time, so I bought more GC. Only to have both post in time and ended up spending more than I needed to. 🙄

We have another baseball team in town too! 😎. Check out Millenium Park. Do an architecture tour on the river. Lincoln Park Zoo. People like the Shedd aquarium too.

(Typo theirs lol.)

I received an email (subject line: "Welcoming you back to our Hotels") from Hilton earlier today that mentioned the change with several other covid things, but it didn't say anything about $15.
  • Food & Beverage Credit for Gold & Diamond Members. You asked for flexibility, and we’ve got it. Whether you look forward to breakfast or would rather skip it in favor of a refreshing beverage and afternoon snack, the choice is yours. In early July, we’ll begin offering a daily Food & Beverage Credit that will continue through the end of 2021. You can use this credit at the hotel brands where you currently receive a complimentary continental breakfast as your elite benefit of your membership. You’ll now be able to dine when and how you want. We will share more details in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter