I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH has an upgrade offer on his Surpass but I don’t see anywhere that mentions an MSR and points. How were you able to tell? I’d have to him an Aspire first before taking the upgrade.

I received an email (and two follow up emails) explaining the offer, with a link to upgrade. It also had an offer code and RSVP code I could use to call and reference. Here's a screenshot from the email. I'm not sure if I could have seen the offer in my account or not, I didn't look for it there. Did your DH get an email also?Screenshot_20210521-061532_Outlook.jpg

I received an email (and two follow up emails) explaining the offer, with a link to upgrade. It also had an offer code and RSVP code I could use to call and reference. Here's a screenshot from the email. I'm not sure if I could have seen the offer in my account or not, I didn't look for it there. Did your DH get an email also?View attachment 576614
Thanks. He didn’t get an email but it finally came up after I logged out. I need to cancel a couple of cards to make it work since he has 4 credit cards.

I did something dumb. I booked our Blue Lagoon tickets for Iceland and since I'm not trying to meet a MSR I used my CFU for the 1.5 UR. Wasn't thinking about the foreign transaction fee. I can cancel the rebook the tickets with another card that doesn't charge a fee, but will the fee also be refunded?

I did something dumb. I booked our Blue Lagoon tickets for Iceland and since I'm not trying to meet a MSR I used my CFU for the 1.5 UR. Wasn't thinking about the foreign transaction fee. I can cancel the rebook the tickets with another card that doesn't charge a fee, but will the fee also be refunded?

Don't think the fee gets refunded, and if the exchange rate has moved against you, you might not even get back what you paid. Best to write this one off to experience.

And so a new adventure begins. Those of you who have followed my travels may recall that 2019’s unexpected hiccups included cutting our Japan trip short and narrowly escaping what was reported to become a deadly Tsunami, a 3 night Disney cruise that turned into 6 nights because Hurricane Dorian decided to hang out and not move and of course the added experience of being stranded in Scotland when all of British Airway flights got canceled during a system outage and taking an Uber all the way to London from Scotland so we would not miss our flight back home with an Uber driver that was happy to have an excuse not spend time with his mother in law, so he took our fare 😂

This is our first trip outside of Florida since the pandemic hit and clearly the Universe has decided to remind me it has a sense of humor when it comes to travel and so should I. The morning began with our friends in Orlando who are meeting with us in Hawaii, informing us at 4 am that their flight is delayed because American Airlines and TSA systems are down. I just knew this was essentially foreshadowing for how this morning was going to go.

We booked an Uber to go to the airport and I was shocked to see the pricing which used to range from $10-$12 is now $68-$100 and the closest one is 25 minutes out. 20 minutes comes and goes and we see on tracking that the driver winds up getting off the wrong exit, no where near us and then is not moving at all and won’t answer his phone. We cancel and decide to suck it up with long term parking and drive over ourselves. We get to the airport and the line to even get to the parking stretches back to the exit of the interstate! It will be well over and hour or more to get through that line which is at a complete standstill. No way we’d make the flight. PlanePrincess drops me off to go check in the bags while he sees about parking.

My uncoordinated self is doing a shuffle, nudge with knees and feet to navigate 5 bags by myself to check in. I must have looked like the world’s slowest and most inept herding dog with trying to keep all these bags together and moving in the same general direction. The long term parking line isn’t moving at all according to PlanePrincess so I told him to go find short term parking. That’s gonna cost an arm and a leg but whatever. Somehow after having a $1000 and 6 hour plus Uber drive from one country to another, everything seems reasonable in the name of making your flight. Silver lining, it will be 3 points on the dollar towards my next travel hacked trip.

We board the plane on time and move away from the gate. No sooner do we breathe a sigh of relief that we are on the way and should make our tight and against my better judgement, connection, the Captain announces that there is a maintenance issue. Of course there is 😏 We depart an hour later than we were scheduled and I see we are due to arrive at the exact time boarding for our connection ends. This should be fun 😳 At least I’ll get my cardio in today.

We ran to the gate and the Hawaii safe travel check in to get our wrist band and avoid a 3 hour line to be cleared once we arrive thanks to the United partnership with Hawaii safe travels. We are on board though! United Polaris is definitely worth earning miles for in my opinion.

63099820-1A74-4C09-8FBB-241CA1B215AE.jpeg

Last edited:
$1,000 ac repair today. Yippee. And Monday I get to add DS to my auto insurance. After that I only have $3,000 or so left to spend on my CIU MSR. Will need another card before 6/15 to pay taxes Hoping my Biz Platinum offer returns in the next few weeks.
I went to apply for my Biz Plat offer this morning that was on my BBP but it disappeared. DH’s is still there. It said it was good until 12/31/21 so why did it leave me 😢

And so a new adventure begins. Those of you who have followed my travels may recall that 2019’s unexpected hiccups included cutting our Japan trip short and narrowly escaping what was reported to become a deadly Tsunami, a 3 night Disney cruise that turned into 6 nights because Hurricane Dorian decided to hang out and not move and of course the added experience of being stranded in Scotland when all of British Airway flights got canceled during a system outage and taking an Uber all the way to London from Scotland so we would not miss our flight back home with an Uber driver that was happy to have an excuse not spend time with his mother in law, so he took our fare 😂

This is our first trip outside of Florida since the pandemic hit and clearly the Universe has decided to remind me it has a sense of humor when it comes to travel and so should I. The morning began with our friends in Orlando who are meeting with us in Hawaii, informing us at 4 am that their flight is delayed because American Airlines and TSA systems are down. I just knew this was essentially foreshadowing for how this morning was going to go.

We booked an Uber to go to the airport and I was shocked to see the pricing which used to range from $10-$12 is now $68-$100 and the closest one is 25 minutes out. 20 minutes comes and goes and we see on tracking that the driver winds up getting off the wrong exit, no where near us and then is not moving at all and won’t answer his phone. We cancel and decide to suck it up with long term parking and drive over ourselves. We get to the airport and the line to even get to the parking stretches back to the exit of the interstate! It will be well over and hour or more to get through that line which is at a complete standstill. No way we’d make the flight. PlanePrincess drops me off to go check in the bags while he sees about parking.

My uncoordinated self is doing a shuffle, nudge with knees and feet to navigate 5 bags by myself to check in. I must have looked like the world’s slowest and most inept herding dog with trying to keep all these bags together and moving in the same general direction. The long term parking line isn’t moving at all according to PlanePrincess so I told him to go find short term parking. That’s gonna cost an arm and a leg but whatever. Somehow after having a $1000 and 6 hour plus Uber drive from one country to another, everything seems reasonable in the name of making your flight. Silver lining, it will be 3 points on the dollar towards my next travel hacked trip.

We board the plane on time and move away from the gate. No sooner do we breathe a sigh of relief that we are on the way and should make our tight and against my better judgement, connection, the Captain announces that there is a maintenance issue. Of course there is 😏 We depart an hour later than we were scheduled and I see we are due to arrive at the exact time boarding for our connection ends. This should be fun 😳 At least I’ll get my cardio in today.

We ran to the gate and the Hawaii safe travel check in to get our wrist band and avoid a 3 hour line to be cleared once we arrive thanks to the United partnership with Hawaii safe travels. We are on board though! United Polaris is definitely worth earning miles for in my opinion.

View attachment 576642

I got so stressed reading this! But I’m glad you made it to all your flights! Enjoy your trip 😁

$1,000 ac repair today. Yippee. And Monday I get to add DS to my auto insurance. After that I only have $3,000 or so left to spend on my CIU MSR. Will need another card before 6/15 to pay taxes Hoping my Biz Platinum offer returns in the next few weeks.

Started up my new AC yesterday (from November installation) and it's working nicely. A half hour after I started it power went off on our street and 42 houses were out for 2 and 1/2 hours. For about a second I thought it was me, but there was a little wind and a branch fell on some wires. We have an 'old' street where part of the electric is above ground and part is buried depending on the age of your home or the side of the street you live on. It also took out a tree next door but a couple of hundred feet away in the back so no damage other than the nuisance value of having it removed.

That teen auto insurance is a killer. I remember those days only too well. Things are so much less expensive in retirement not having to pay kid insurance, tuition, and any number of things.

Good luck on the Biz card.

Started up my new AC yesterday (from November installation) and it's working nicely. A half hour after I started it power went off on our street and 42 houses were out for 2 and 1/2 hours. For about a second I thought it was me, but there was a little wind and a branch fell on some wires. We have an 'old' street where part of the electric is above ground and part is buried depending on the age of your home or the side of the street you live on. It also took out a tree next door but a couple of hundred feet away in the back so no damage other than the nuisance value of having it removed.

That teen auto insurance is a killer. I remember those days only too well. Things are so much less expensive in retirement not having to pay kid insurance, tuition, and any number of things.

Good luck on the Biz card.
Yes, thankfully it's been incremental. Added dd's car, then dd, then ds' car, now ds. And his driving instructor says he's a great driver but has no fear. Oh, great. I was so spoiled with DD.

There appears to be a very limited SW CW open. DS’s finals got moved so I had to change our Memorial Day weekend flights. I could get 6/9 and 6/14 to and from BWI to work but not out of DCA. So I just paid the extra $6 since it worked out to getting the real flights I wanted on 5/30 and 6/2.

I tried it on my July flights and none of them were available to change. I'm happy with our flights, but I would tweak it a little if the option was available for free, but I'll just have to live with it for now lol!

Yes, thankfully it's been incremental. Added dd's car, then dd, then ds' car, now ds. And his driving instructor says he's a great driver but has no fear. Oh, great. I was so spoiled with DD.
My insurance (AAA) gave me a discount for DD completing a teenSMART online program. I paid the increased premium to help meet MSR, and got a refund back via a check for over $300. Love unintended MSing lol.

There appears to be a very limited SW CW open. DS’s finals got moved so I had to change our Memorial Day weekend flights. I could get 6/9 and 6/14 to and from BWI to work but not out of DCA. So I just paid the extra $6 since it worked out to getting the real flights I wanted on 5/30 and 6/2.
I think SW is becoming more surgical with the change window. I can change flights on 6/16, 6/26, and 7/1. But I can't change one on 6/17.

Looks like DoC just updated and is saying $25 for WA, so with a guest it should be $50. We'll be there in August and honestly this may work better than breakfast for me. With a family of 5 we'll probably just eat something easy in the room and then save up the credits for dinner. I doubt it, but I have 2 rooms, wonder if I'd still just get the $50.

When we were at Grand Wailea in March, there were very specific rules about the $40 credit. We did get $40 per room, so $80 for 2 rooms:
- Credit could only be used at breakfast, by 11am
- Could not order lunch items at 10:45- could only be used on breakfast items
- Credits are split between rooms, meaning $40 per room. So you had to "organize" your purchases per room, which requires some early morning math!

Try the pick your own pineapple. Select a pineapple and they'll cut it for you and serve it with your breakfast ($10). The coffee was STRONG- so we would order one black iced coffee and split it into 2-3 iced coffee when adding cream and sugar.

We too bought a bunch of room breakfast supplies, which all went to waste when we got the breakfast credits, which we weren't counting on. But breakfast was great- one of our favorite routines of the trip. I believe you can call down and order ahead and pick it up, if you prefer that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter