I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve got another daily airline anniversary game to play! This one is Southwest, from June 1-17. Hopefully I’ll have better luck on this one than the American one!
https://southwest50.com/WannaGetAway/
Thanks!
Using Chrome: I clicked the first bag, received nothing and the other bags disappeared. I clicked around a bit and decided to click to mute the sound I wasn't hearing and got sound, by that I was able to "locate" the other two bags lol
Could be my machine and it's ten million tabs, could be the browser. Either I won nothing today.

We’ve got another daily airline anniversary game to play! This one is Southwest, from June 1-17. Hopefully I’ll have better luck on this one than the American one!
https://southwest50.com/WannaGetAway/
Thanks for posting.

1 out of 3 was a winner for 50 points. But man, I wish you could log in like AA. It did take some time to click all the bags.....

This is a benefit of the CSR I had no idea about, included with Priority Pass Select: restaurant comps at select airports, up to $56 (cardholder & guest). I'll be connecting in Houston in a bit and it looks like there's a restaurant there in the Southwest terminal! Looks like this is not available for Priority Pass Select members through Amex cards, fyi.

https://millionmilesecrets.com/guides/priority-pass-restaurant-benefit-tricks/
Question for those who use Priority Pass Select, do I need to register a Priority Pass membership with Chase and then a separate one with Amex? And then keep track of which is which in order to use the right benefit with the right card? I hadn't given this much thought- just thinking I had Priority Pass benefits and not realizing they are different by issuer.

This is a benefit of the CSR I had no idea about, included with Priority Pass Select: restaurant comps at select airports, up to $56 (cardholder & guest). I'll be connecting in Houston in a bit and it looks like there's a restaurant there in the Southwest terminal! Looks like this is not available for Priority Pass Select members through Amex cards, fyi.

Question for those who use Priority Pass Select, do I need to register a Priority Pass membership with Chase and then a separate one with Amex? And then keep track of which is which in order to use the right benefit with the right card? I hadn't given this much thought- just thinking I had Priority Pass benefits and not realizing they are different by issuer.
I have my card loaded in my Apple wallet. I only ever use my CSR PP since it has more available options and covers our family of 3.

For the SW game, are you all clearing your history before using a second account? I had no trouble with my account (and won 50 points) but now trying with DH's acct and can't get the game to load.

Oops--nvm. I was using my email (which is actually the email for both of our SW accounts), but once I entered a different email it let me proceed.

And thanks to @iujen94 for posting (and everyone else who posted their results). I usually skip these but it's been a horrendous day and this was a little fun.

I have my card loaded in my Apple wallet. I only ever use my CSR PP since it has more available options and covers our family of 3.
Do you have 2 separate PP accounts? 1 AMEX and 1 Chase? I have my AMEX one but haven’t even looked at the CSR one yet.

For the SW game, are you all clearing your history before using a second account? I had no trouble with my account (and won 50 points) but now trying with DH's acct and can't get the game to load.

Oops--nvm. I was using my email (which is actually the email for both of our SW accounts), but once I entered a different email it let me proceed.

And thanks to @iujen94 for posting (and everyone else who posted their results). I usually skip these but it's been a horrendous day and this was a little fun.
Thanks I was wondering why I couldn't get the game to load a second time. I won 100 and 50 between my two accounts.

Thanks I was wondering why I couldn't get the game to load a second time. I won 100 and 50 between my two accounts.

I got 100 and 50 after all 5 of my accounts. Not sure I'm going to continue doing my kids' accounts though. None of them have any points because we pretty much book all of their flights with our points (lucky them lol).

Correct, that the benefits are different depending on whether Chase or AmEx issued it. I can never remember which one can do restaurants or not, so if I carry both. It came in handy for me when our flight got canceled and we had to take one with a connection through St. Louis. I was able to grab some pizza and chicken tenders during our quick layover.

Thanks @Lain for posting about Hawaiian transfers! I am one of those who has been waiting.

Quick question for any Hawaiian Airline experts. I have the Hawaiian Barclay cards with the 50% off for the companion. Of course, my luck, I plug in my dates and no fare available for discount. Will this change or should I just accept I won’t get to use the companion discount?

We are traveling peak Easter week 2022

Thanks @Lain for posting about Hawaiian transfers! I am one of those who has been waiting.

Quick question for any Hawaiian Airline experts. I have the Hawaiian Barclay cards with the 50% off for the companion. Of course, my luck, I plug in my dates and no fare available for discount. Will this change or should I just accept I won’t get to use the companion discount?

We are traveling peak Easter week 2022

I’m not aware of any blackout dates for using the 50% off companion discount. But it can be difficult to use because of a lot of restrictions (to the point that some years, my wife doesn’t end up using the $100 companion discount that’s an ongoing benefit of the card).

Are you booking roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and the Mainland on Hawaiian metal using the cardholder’s Hawaiian account? The companion discount can be applied only on a roundtrip coach fare.

And you booking with cash? The companion discount requires you to book it and another full price, roundtrip Hawaii-Mainland fare with cash, not awards. Since the cardholder has to be on the itinerary, the other ticket has to be in the name of the cardholder.

So practically speaking, you (or the cardholder) would need to book yourself a full price, roundtrip coach fare with cash and a second full price, roundtrip coach ticket for your companion with cash — then you should be able to apply the 50% companion discount that should be loaded into your HawaiianMiles account.

You’d then book the rest of your family on miles separately for the same flights on another itinerary.

Here are the restrictions and fine print for the companion discount:

Companion Travel Discount
  • You are eligible to receive a single one-time 50% discount toward one published full coach round-trip fare for a companion. The one-time 50% companion discount offer is good for 13 months from the time the Account is opened and is subject to change.
  • You are also eligible to receive one companion discount for $100 discount off one companion ticket at each Account anniversary. The $100 discount off one companion ticket at each credit card Account anniversary is good for 12 months from Account anniversary and is subject to change.
The following provisions apply to both the one-time 50% companion discount and the $100 discount off one companion ticket travel benefits:
  • These discounts are good on roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America, booked directly with Hawaiian Airlines through the primary cardmember’s HawaiianMiles account.
  • The discount will be off of one published full coach roundtrip base fare for a companion, which does not include taxes, fees or surcharges, with the purchase of one published full coach roundtrip fare. Additional taxes, fees and charges including Passenger Facility Charge, Federal Excise Taxes, Canadian VAT/GST and customs/immigration charges, as well as the September 11 Security Fee, apply to all tickets purchased and are not included in the base fare.
  • Primary cardmember must be one of the passengers on the flight record. Both passengers (primary cardmember and companion) must be booked for travel on the same flight record, fare and class of service, and must travel on all flight segments together.
  • Offer must be redeemed through the primary cardmember’s Program account.
  • Offer is valid for all Hawaiian Airlines flights between Hawaii and North America. The offer is not valid on Neighbor Island flights or international flights.
  • Offer is not valid on codeshare flights with partner airlines.
  • Offer is not valid on multi-city flights.
  • Offer may not be combined with, applied to, or applied towards HawaiianMiles flight awards redeemed using HawaiianMiles.
  • Companion travel discounts have no cash value and cannot be transferred or sold.
  • Visit HawaiianAirlines.com/MastercardDiscount for more information on how to redeem your travel discount.
  • Standard Hawaiian Airlines eCertificate Terms and Conditions apply. See hawaiianairlines.com for complete terms.

Last edited:
Is there a better way to use Delta miles to book Delta flights? I'm using mine to go to Vegas. It's 30k miles (not the greatest, but considering I'm going to NC the week before, trying to make this a freebie trip).

Have people had success adding their new Chase card to their apple wallet before getting it in the mail? The BF is about to drop $2k on a new computer and is willing to let me charge it for my MSR. I read how to do it, but it's not showing up as an option. I've read it could be "too early".

Do you have 2 separate PP accounts? 1 AMEX and 1 Chase? I have my AMEX one but haven’t even looked at the CSR one yet.

I have both activated and both cards. I think I only have the CSR one in my digital wallet though. And TBH I think I've only used the CSR one over the years.

Speaking of Priority Passes, does the CSR offer guests? The BF and I booked a trip to Vegas. I have a pass, he doesn't (maybe the one perk I have over him, LOL). Can I get him in for free with me? I have the Surpass, and the CSR.

Is there a better way to use Delta miles to book Delta flights? I'm using mine to go to Vegas. It's 30k miles (not the greatest, but considering I'm going to NC the week before, trying to make this a freebie trip).

Have people had success adding their new Chase card to their apple wallet before getting it in the mail? The BF is about to drop $2k on a new computer and is willing to let me charge it for my MSR. I read how to do it, but it's not showing up as an option. I've read it could be "too early".

I have both activated and both cards. I think I only have the CSR one in my digital wallet though. And TBH I think I've only used the CSR one over the years.

Speaking of Priority Passes, does the CSR offer guests? The BF and I booked a trip to Vegas. I have a pass, he doesn't (maybe the one perk I have over him, LOL). Can I get him in for free with me? I have the Surpass, and the CSR.
The only way to use delta miles to book delta flights is through delta.

CSR PP allows two guests.

I have a 20% Samsonite offer on my Chase cards. I'm needing to order a second suitcase from ebags (I ordered 1 last night using my Plat Paypal credit) and noticed it posted a Samsonite on my Amex account. What are the chances that it will also post as Samsonite on Chase and trigger the 20% offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter