I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way to use delta miles to book delta flights is through delta.

CSR PP allows two guests.

Yeah upon looking I did see you can book Delta flights w/ Virgin points, but there aren't any flights available for our departure and the returns are the red eyes which I was trying to avoid. I would like to have booked the mid-afternoon flights out, but they are sold out in Economy and Main (only Comfort + and FC and that's too many points). And the BF doesn't want to do the 8am flight (while I have never had issues getting a room early in Vegas, he has). So I'm stuck w/ the 4pm flight. Which means we don't get there till 6ish. I guess my challenge will be packing only a carry on, LOL. I told him last night I want to pack some wine (to make it cheaper) and so I was gonna use my free checked bag. He laughed (because he can take wine in his....he's not searched). So I guess I'll be exploiting him. He told me he's ditching me and taking whichever flight gets him first class. He's so sweet like that, LOL.

I just have to remember, I'm only going to be in Vegas for 2 nights, so I don't need 57 outfits! It will be my quickest Vegas trip ever! But I have 2 IHG free nights, so I'm hitting the Palazzo :) I think pretty good use of the FNC!

two accounts, got zip LOL. make that 3 accounts and zip :-)
2 accounts, nada.
@CyndiLouWho Are you still heading to DL?

Disneyland has just announced that their two California theme parks will begin welcoming out-of-state visitors on June 15, 2021!
No, I cancelled everything a few weeks ago. :sad:DS and DH thought spending the week I had DLR booked would be better spent at a soccer tournament in Wisconsin.:sad2:Their reasoning was that so much would still be closed, no parades, no shows, etc, that it wouldn't be worth it even if it opened for out of state. I did use URs yesterday to book the Tropicana Inn across from DLR for June 2022. Hopefully 3rd times a charm.

I also booked 3 RT Biz tickets to LHR for Spring Break 2022 for 130k miles each. Working on hotels now but need more points.

2 accounts, nada.

No, I cancelled everything a few weeks ago. :sad:DS and DH thought spending the week I had DLR booked would be better spent at a soccer tournament in Wisconsin.:sad2:Their reasoning was that so much would still be closed, no parades, no shows, etc, that it wouldn't be worth it even if it opened for out of state. I did use URs yesterday to book the Tropicana Inn across from DLR for June 2022. Hopefully 3rd times a charm.

I also booked 3 RT Biz tickets to LHR for Spring Break 2022 for 130k miles each. Working on hotels now but need more points.
Nice! Which airline did you book?

Now that I just got a new MSR, that's big and I may struggle with, DH just got an upgrade offer from Amex to upgrade to the Delta plat.
But it's $3k spend in 6 months and the offer expires July 8, so if I wait until early July, we should be able to do that no problem, taxes are due in October.
Wonder if that helps with pop up jail? He has had a plat already, but hey, we will happily take the upgrade. I think I have upgraded mine twice.

DD wants to go to WDW 8/2-8/7 with three friends. Plans are to stay at Pop and get 4-day non-hoppers. Any suggestions or tips (besides paying with gift cards)? Also, two of these kids are 18, one is turning 18, and dd is 17. Will that even work?
I know it’s a significant added cost, but I think I’d reaaaally struggle to be there without PH right now. We park hopped way more in our May trip than we ever do normally. We actually did four parks in a day for the first time ever. I can’t put my finger on why, but I would have been pretty unhappy being stuck at one park per day.

I know it’s a significant added cost, but I think I’d reaaaally struggle to be there without PH right now. We park hopped way more in our May trip than we ever do normally. We actually did four parks in a day for the first time ever. I can’t put my finger on why, but I would have been pretty unhappy being stuck at one park per day.
Thanks. I'll pass that on. It makes sense.

We normally hop, usually 2 parks, often ending in EPCOT. Was it crowds or not getting FP that seemed an issue?

Quick question for people more knowledgeable about United’s mileage program than me. My boss wants to fly her and another person to Seattle RT in First in early August. If I’m not seeing any First Saver award availability around that time, she’ll have to pay the extra miles for an Everyday award, right? The Saver fares were probably all booked up a while ago? She’s shocked that anyone plans travel that far in advance.

DD wants to go to WDW 8/2-8/7 with three friends. Plans are to stay at Pop and get 4-day non-hoppers. Any suggestions or tips (besides paying with gift cards)? Also, two of these kids are 18, one is turning 18, and dd is 17. Will that even work?
This sounds like great fun. I'm certain there are a lot of parents who wish their kids wanted to go to Disney at 18 rather than party.

We never hop and have been twice during the pandemic, and all has been well for us. As for their ages, Disney only asks ages if under 18, otherwise you just enter 18+, so I wouldn't think it would be a problem.

Tip: I would make sure each of them has their own MyDisneyExperience account. That way they can mobile order their own food and have their gift cards loaded into their own accounts.

Question on transferring MR to Hilton and / or Marriott. I'm looking at two hotels. The Hilton requires 160,000 points total for our nights and the Marriott is 80,000 points. With the transfer bonus going on right now, I'm thinking they are about the same cost in MR points, correct?

160,000 Hilton divided by 2.8 = 57,143 MR points
80,000 Marriott points divided by 1.4 = 57,143 MR points

I already have some Marriott points, so I would have to transfer fewer points for our stay, but to me, it looks like they are basically the same "MR" cost. I've never transferred from AmEx before though, so I'm trying to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Thanks!

We normally hop, usually 2 parks, often ending in EPCOT. Was it crowds or not getting FP that seemed an issue?
I think it was because we were able to get so much done, and there’s not a lot of “fluff” (shows, characters, parades, etc.) to suck up time like normally.

We would get to the parks ~50 minutes before they officially opened, and we were able to fly through everything we wanted to do in a few hours. Once it hit mid-day, crowds (and heat) were too much, so we’d take a short hotel break and wait until park hopping was allowed at 2.

I honestly just think you’ll run out of things to do, especially at a park like Epcot? We love Epcot, but I would have found it frustrating to be there for a full day (vs being able to pop in and out at their convenience via the Skyliner and enjoy a ride or snack or two).

Does anyone have a recommendation on which card is best to use that extends the manufacturer warranty? I am going to be buying a laptop for my son at Best Buy. I have a Best Buy card I was going to use for the 5% back until I realized it doesn’t have extended warranty with the card. Wasn’t sure if Amex was better to use. For some reason I felt they were good to deal with if there was an issue that came up.

They will be fine checking in since only one person has to be 18.... both of my kids went right after HS graduation using our DVC points at BWV...they had a great time
Not sure what their plans are getting to a park at opening or sleeping in and going to the parks later. ....if going later on the non park hoppers should be fine

Does anyone have a recommendation on which card is best to use that extends the manufacturer warranty? I am going to be buying a laptop for my son at Best Buy. I have a Best Buy card I was going to use for the 5% back until I realized it doesn’t have extended warranty with the card. Wasn’t sure if Amex was better to use. For some reason I felt they were good to deal with if there was an issue that came up.
A while back I asked for feedback about cancelling my Costco card, and several people commented that one reason to keep it would be that Citi cards are good regarding extended warranties.

CSR lyft pink membership. I got an email that it expires in 10 days amd that if I want to keep it I need to join. But the * says you get 1 complimentary but need to enroll by March 2022.

Was this a one time thing? I can't remember. Also if given thr option to enroll later don't know why I'd have done it during a pandemic. If it expires in june that means it had to of started june last year right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter