I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from our week in St Lucia. Not even going to try catching up with this thread. I did learn something new about customs this trip. We did our Global Entry thing. No questions at all at the kiosk, just took our image and compared it to the passport. (Didn't they used to ask a few questions?) Anyway, then off to baggage and of course my suitcase did not come to the carousel. American app showed DH's at baggage claim, mine just said 'unloaded at MIA'. OK? We hung around baggage to see if it would show up (no). Then we left, DH took his bag to be rechecked, the gate agent said they would just put mine on the connecting flight. So what exactly is the point of making you get your bag and drop it off again? Obviously not necessary as mine just went without me to the next plane. Never asked a question about what we were bringing back, etc.
I don't understand that either and was hoping it was wasn't the normal. We've only flown international twice with GE and April was our first time with a connection as you entered the US, at BWI. So we go through customs quickly with GE, but then wait at least 30 minutes to get our luggage to walk it 200 ft to give it to an agent. By that time the entire plane was waiting for luggage. So you either waited at Customs or waited at baggage claim. Seemed so stupid. With our home airport of Milwaukee, most our flights will have a connection, so if this is always the case GE will have limited value for us.

I'm not sure if anyone posted this or if it's common knowledge, but according to amex, the 10x grocery points don't show up as you spend; they will show up as an extra 9x after your bill posts. There's a month lag. Since I'm hoping to buy Disney gift cards at 10x, I was going to start with a small amount and see if it pans out before I buy a lot. Not looking good for a late July trip.

I'm not sure if anyone posted this or if it's common knowledge, but according to amex, the 10x grocery points don't show up as you spend; they will show up as an extra 9x after your bill posts. There's a month lag. Since I'm hoping to buy Disney gift cards at 10x, I was going to start with a small amount and see if it pans out before I buy a lot. Not looking good for a late July trip.
When did that change? Mine would post a couple of days after. My offer ended 5/24 and the last 9X bonus posted 5/25.

I don't understand that either and was hoping it was wasn't the normal. We've only flown international twice with GE and April was our first time with a connection as you entered the US, at BWI. So we go through customs quickly with GE, but then wait at least 30 minutes to get our luggage to walk it 200 ft to give it to an agent. By that time the entire plane was waiting for luggage. So you either waited at Customs or waited at baggage claim. Seemed so stupid. With our home airport of Milwaukee, most our flights will have a connection, so if this is always the case GE will have limited value for us.

I've only used ge here in seattle, but you got your bag before going through customs. It seems weird to me to see an agent before you have your suitcase.

Like @becauseimnew mine also posted a few days after. You can see them in your account rewards activity. I’m pretty sure it hasn’t changed. Mine only just ended last week so I was spending until Wednesday.

This time next week I'll be in Orlando.

I spent the evening writing a list of my WDW must-dos which is basically all the things I want to eat. :D I want the orange bird smoothie souvenir cup from Flower and Garden.

So ready for a change of scenery.
That orange bird sipper was my only souvenir from my trip in April. So fun! Have a great trip!

When did that change? Mine would post a couple of days after. My offer ended 5/24 and the last 9X bonus posted 5/25.

I have no idea, but that's what the rep just told DH. Maybe she just doesn't know. I hope you are right. I will report when the extra points post, if they post).

I’m detecting a delay in the Amex credits again, unless it’s just me. My gold dining $10 credit from May 30 hasn’t posted yet. Also, regarding Amex, being the gambler that I am, I’ve decided to wait on the Schwab plat since there is a slight possibility of positive change there. I really don’t want two plats concurrently, I’d rather get the Schwab closer to my 1 year anniversary with the vanilla plat which is early December. If the change is negative I’ll deal with it. I’d rather leave my options open with Chase and go with either CIC or BBP this summer. Probably both, honestly Lol. And I need a few weeks to give some spend to my other Amex cards that haven’t had much love lately.

Having gone through BWI customs many times, I will say I love GE! One of the advantages is that you don’t need to have your bags screened. You grab them and go!

I wish these offers had the no annual fee, but looks like the last few rounds with June and now September expirations have the regular annual fee. Since DH has a Schwab for cashout I did the 150K Biz Plat for him and then with
talk of the 1.25 possibly going away I got the 90K Biz Gold on Friday. I got the 100k Biz Plat email yesterday and still have the Biz Gold on the AO under my BBP, but I think I'll wait a bit before going for them.

It's been a issue for a week or so that they should be working on. If you need to do it soon you can call and get it done.

Thanks!
Also, what would UR pts be as a percentage? 2× is 3%?

I wish these offers had the no annual fee, but looks like the last few rounds with June and now September expirations have the regular annual fee.

Did you see any data points about 100k/15k emails expiring in end June? The only ones I've seen are from applying through the website popup, and those are known to not come with a waived annual fee.

I have bought gaming chairs for DH and me since we were jealous of DS’s. Today I ordered the Bose QuietComfort 35 for DH.

Thanks for the suggestions. I bought Bose last year when the credit was $200. They are $300 now; debating whether I want to pay the extra $200.

Do you use the gaming chairs for gaming or are they good as general purpose chairs?

Renting points for a stay next May. Bookings opened up today. Got 2 Bedroom Boardwalk View at BWV. So Excited !! That was our first choice.
Congrats! I have a credit from David's to use before Oct 2023. Very undecided on where I want to stay - fewer days at an Epcot area property or more days at Saratoga or Old Key West. Original booking was BWV studio.

Congrats! I have a credit from David's to use before Oct 2023. Very undecided on where I want to stay - fewer days at an Epcot area property or more days at Saratoga or Old Key West. Original booking was BWV studio.

We normally stay at BWV. I always say I am going to try different resorts but always book BWV. We just really like it there. Was just there about a month ago and stayed in a 1 Bedroom (just me and DS22 and DD20). Changed our plans and flew in a day early - only resort we could get was Saratoga. Nice resort but nothing we would ever book. So spread out and big. Even the walk to Disney Springs was long from where we were. Lots of people like it - we just love the convenience of the Epcot Area. Was glad to get to BWV for the rest of the stay.

Chase expedited my CIC last week, then this weekend I got one in the mail. Can I just ignore the card that came in the mail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter