I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new woh card doesn't post that quick. The new version takes 8 to 10 weeks.

Oh, that's really too bad. So, do you know if my 'old' card will post it's night later this year? Or am I going to still be on the old schedule?

I also noted that when I got my Hyatt card, my points bonus was 40K for 2K spend.

Now, it's 30K for 3k spend and then the 30K for spending 15K which why would I earn 2 points per $ when I can earn 5 UR per $ and just do a transfer....

Oh, that's really too bad. So, do you know if my 'old' card will post it's night later this year? Or am I going to still be on the old schedule?

I also noted that when I got my Hyatt card, my points bonus was 40K for 2K spend.

Now, it's 30K for 3k spend and then the 30K for spending 15K which why would I earn 2 points per $ when I can earn 5 UR per $ and just do a transfer....

I thought everyone's cards got changed to the new version and there are no old cards anymore. So you will either have to cancel before it to not pay the af or pay it, get the fnc and then hopefully get back part of it when you cancel.

Sad news, but per Southwest you can't use gift cards for EBCI :( So that might change your approach...
Here's where the info is found: https://www.southwest.com/faq/earlybird-checkin Under how much does EBCI cost tab.

The gift card is pretty restrictive.

I found this in the gift card FAQ's:

What can I purchase with my Southwest Gift Card, and how do I redeem it?

A Southwest Gift Card may be used for Passenger travel on Southwest Airlines®. A Southwest Gift Card may only be redeemed at southwest.com®, by calling Southwest Airlines at 1-800-435-9792 (1-800 I FLY SWA), and at Southwest Airlines ticket counter locations. Please note that a Southwest Gift Card is not valid for the purchase of Southwest Airlines Vacation Packages, cargo, hotel, rental car, Southwest Airlines Merchandise, EarlyBird Check-In, additional Southwest Gift Cards, inflight purchases or Southwest Airlines group tickets.

I've still got some money on at least one of them somewhere in my random gift card stash. Time to get rid of it. Was going to give it to DD when she was booking Colorado earlier this year but she booked before I got around to finding it.

I thought everyone's cards got changed to the new version and there are no old cards anymore. So you will either have to cancel before it to not pay the af or pay it, get the fnc and then hopefully get back part of it when you cancel.

Yes, you are correct. I had totally forgotten. Now my replacement plan is messed up. Guess I will do as you mention and pay the fee and hope for a rebate. Sheesh - that means I'm not getting my new fnc in time to book a night in October with it. I have 2 in my account and I was going to 'spend' one in a couple of weeks and then the 2nd one plus the new one in October. Now I'll just use points.

I submitted a SM on Chase yesterday to close dh CSP that just had the fee come due. They just left a voicemail on my cell looking for him, saying they wanted to talk to him about an email they received. Any ideas what this might be? He doesn't want to talk. Think they will just close it if we don't call back?
They called again, didn't leave a message, then immediately closed the account :-)

They called again, didn't leave a message, then immediately closed the account :-)

I'm happy for you! I canceled a card from another bank today and I called. The person really tried to retain me as a cardmember, and they were very genial so I didn't have the heart to be abrupt about it. Eventually they wished me well and got it done.

I'm busy reducing my cards. I do intend to get some new ones but I'm not in a huge hurry.

I just realized the whole lack of transferring URs will be a bigger problem than I originally thought, since dh should be getting some support points (well he better), and those will be the only UR"s he has left. All the rest of his I already have.

Just got the "refer friends" email from Chase today for CSP and it is for the 80k offer, not the new 100k offer. Is this a bad omen that they don't intend to update the referral links? I plan to apply tomorrow, with or without referral link.
I've been on the lookout for the CSP referral to show 100K SUB but nothing yet. Was also going to do MDD for DH.

I do hope it's not an omen, as you say, but only that they're taking their darn time with it. Sigh...

Did you see any data points about 100k/15k emails expiring in end June? The only ones I've seen are from applying through the website popup, and those are known to not come with a waived annual fee.
All the DPs of June expiration had an AF, no matter email or popup on website.

It seems every time I cancel a Marriott reservation that was booked with a free night cert, it never goes back on my account and I have to call, the rep has to contact someone else to restore the cert, and it takes half an hour on the phone! I've been rearranging my fall plans and spending time with my friendly Bonvoy rep.

It seems every time I cancel a Marriott reservation that was booked with a free night cert, it never goes back on my account and I have to call, the rep has to contact someone else to restore the cert, and it takes half an hour on the phone! I've been rearranging my fall plans and spending time with my friendly Bonvoy rep.
You can contact them via Twitter, happens to me too.

Will you all tell me if you have any experience with this?

My potential P2, who has less than stellar credit as I may have mentioned, got flat out denied (at least I am pretty sure that's how I read it!) for a CSP the other day. But then he received an email from Chase asking for further documentation, which was apparently for his W2.

I can only assume that means they're thinking about it but just want income verification since they don't know anything about him (no relationship with Chase).

So let's say they end up approving him after all (no idea whether they will)... would be still be good for the SUB that he applied under, do you think?

Will you all tell me if you have any experience with this?

My potential P2, who has less than stellar credit as I may have mentioned, got flat out denied (at least I am pretty sure that's how I read it!) for a CSP the other day. But then he received an email from Chase asking for further documentation, which was apparently for his W2.

I can only assume that means they're thinking about it but just want income verification since they don't know anything about him (no relationship with Chase).

So let's say they end up approving him after all (no idea whether they will)... would be still be good for the SUB that he applied under, do you think?
Yes, the offer is tied to that application. It doesn’t hurt to try since they already pulled his credit.

Just got an email offer to upgrade to Biz Gold again too, in addition to the Biz Plat offer I got a couple of days ago. They want nothing to do with me, but are offering me upgrades up the wazoo LOL. Too bad I don't need to spend $30000

I sent an email thru the 'contact us' function - I had my certificate back in less than 48 hrs.

Question, what is the benefit of doing a PC versus closing the card? A little more than two years ago I got the Southwest Visa (one business, one personal) to get the CP which I have been able to use for 12 RT cross country tickets. It has been awesome. Well nowmy CP is ending and I am looking to getting the CP again with SUB for next year. As my annual fee for the personal card just posted (and the 6000 annual reward points) I was going to close the account, but I don't know if I should PC instead. I have already closed the business account.

My last 24 months are as follows:

Oct 2020 : CSP
April 2021: CIU

Other cards in my portfolio include Disney Chase Visa, Citi Costco, and Chase Freedom the original. I have had all of these for about a million years and I use them often enough that I want to keep all of those. Current income to credit limit ratio is about 50% and closing the SW personal visa would free up about 10%. And yes we pay off monthly :)

Another recent thought I have had is to PC my CSP to CSR (currently have around 120k UR's). By my math if I can take advantage of the $300 travel credit 2x and the increase in the redemption rate I would come out ahead. I don't know that I would use any of the other benefits of the CSR though.

What are ya'all's thoughts?

Question, what is the benefit of doing a PC versus closing the card? A little more than two years ago I got the Southwest Visa (one business, one personal) to get the CP which I have been able to use for 12 RT cross country tickets. It has been awesome. Well nowmy CP is ending and I am looking to getting the CP again with SUB for next year. As my annual fee for the personal card just posted (and the 6000 annual reward points) I was going to close the account, but I don't know if I should PC instead. I have already closed the business account.

My last 24 months are as follows:

Oct 2020 : CSP
April 2021: CIU

Other cards in my portfolio include Disney Chase Visa, Citi Costco, and Chase Freedom the original. I have had all of these for about a million years and I use them often enough that I want to keep all of those. Current income to credit limit ratio is about 50% and closing the SW personal visa would free up about 10%. And yes we pay off monthly :)

Another recent thought I have had is to PC my CSP to CSR (currently have around 120k UR's). By my math if I can take advantage of the $300 travel credit 2x and the increase in the redemption rate I would come out ahead. I don't know that I would use any of the other benefits of the CSR though.

What are ya'all's thoughts?
If you are looking to get another SW card to get a CP you would need to cancel your current one. PC with SW cards are probably not as common as some others, like the Ink cards. Usually it may make sense to PC to a card without an annual fee, but all the SW cards have an annual fee of varying amounts.

Your math is correct on the CSR upgrade, but you cannot upgrade a card in the first year, so you'd have to wait until October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter