I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if you already have the cards you want to transfer between, listed in there. I am going to have to call, because I do not already have my CSP listed as a transfer partner in the combine points page.
Can you call and transfer to another card within the household?

Just used chase PYB for $1930 dollars (128,700 UR!)!! Eek!

Down to 184,000 UR with another 160,000 coming this month when the statements on my csp and csr close. Plus planning a mdd this week for DH.

Seems worth it. My summer Disney trip is $$$$, a bit of splurge after a year and a half of no travel. This takes a big chunk out of it.

@GZanta77 and @platamama posted this about Gift of College recently, and I found it interesting. So if you purchased a $500 variable load card at the $5.95 fee, the cost would be $505.95. Looks like Gift of College can be found in my area at most Targets, according to this GoC locator tool https://giftofcollege.com/buy-in-store/

Now, if you use your Target card, one should be able to get 5% off, so = $480.65 for a $500 GoC GC, or a 4% discount.

Looks like you can link a 529 plan to your GoC account and redeem the gift card. Check if your state gives a tax deduction on a 529 contribution. Also, I'm not certain if there is any waiting period for the 529, since it sounds like yours is more of an immediate use.

I haven't tried any of this, so it's all theoretical for me, but I'm going to give it a try. Great recommendation!

GOC cards are excluded from the 5% RedCard discount per the terms. It's unlikely that it'll actually take off the 5%. (Glitches happen but they've been pretty on point with the RedCard discounts so I would not expect it to work.)

GOC cards are excluded from the 5% RedCard discount per the terms. It's unlikely that it'll actually take off the 5%. (Glitches happen but they've been pretty on point with the RedCard discounts so I would not expect it to work.)

Glad I couldn’t find any at Target today then 😂
I think meeting a large MSR is the way to go with tuition- lot less hassle.

I took advantage of the SW points to get a CP over 7 years ago but while having kids and completing graduate school, I stopped keeping up with current deals and just stuck to my trusted CSR. I want to get back churning but a lot has changed. I've done some reading but currently we are here and wanting some feedback:

I think I should start with downgrading my CSR to a CF and opening a SW account back up. I think I will need to open both a SWB and SWP but should I do this concurrently or once I obtain the spend amount on one, open another? We are two players who can open separately. Ideally we would get the CP for 2022 and 2023, but I'm just confused on how to time it and when to apply.

Thanks yall!

Please keep my sweet boy in your thoughts. He got hit today and has a fractured leg. He’ll need to go to a surgeon to see if it requires surgery. My poor friend feels awful since we are in FL and it will be a long 5 days until we are home. (And, of course, I can’t post on FB since I don’t want my friend to take it wrong.)View attachment 582191
Oh, so sorry! Hope he has a speedy recovery!

I took advantage of the SW points to get a CP over 7 years ago but while having kids and completing graduate school, I stopped keeping up with current deals and just stuck to my trusted CSR. I want to get back churning but a lot has changed. I've done some reading but currently we are here and wanting some feedback:

I think I should start with downgrading my CSR to a CF and opening a SW account back up. I think I will need to open both a SWB and SWP but should I do this concurrently or once I obtain the spend amount on one, open another? We are two players who can open separately. Ideally we would get the CP for 2022 and 2023, but I'm just confused on how to time it and when to apply.

Thanks yall!
If you want it for next year, I would wait until Oct or so to apply and do not meet the MSR until after your Dec statement closes that the bonus posts for 2022 to count towards CP 2022. You’ll want to apply for the SW Biz first since you need to be 0/30. The other option is MDD the personals, depending on the bonus.

while you wait for SW, you could apply for the CSP 100k and MDD that with the CSR. I am assuming you are 0/24 but you can let us know if what CCs you have gotten in the last 24 months to confirm. Advice may be totally different depending on your 0/24 status.

While I haven't been to H.E.B. in decades (yikes),I've read the $500 Gift of College are sold there so that would be a nice 4x on (rose) gold Amex or during the 5% back Freedom/Discover categories. I've been tempted to fly to Texas just to stock up but can't really think of a way to explain it to DH :rotfl:

Yep, I've seen them in the wild at the HEB near me. I considered using them to hit large MSRs before but it was going to involve too many moving parts so I chickened out. Maybe if DH goes back to school or once I actually have a need to start saving in a 529 account...

I hope my son's school takes Visa. I've always paid with my bank account. I was able to add my CIU to FACTS and I assumed it would be accepted. Now I'm a bit worried because without the tuition I won't be able to make the MSR.
When I put in the card number it immediately said VISA not accepted underneath in red, then I noticed the list of cards it did accept. So if you were able to put in the CIU without an error, you’re probably fine. And we had just paid my son’s (different school, but also through FACTS) with a visa, so I guess it’s school based.

Lodging Serve at Dollar General, is there a cap like at WM? WM I do $99 to be safe, can I do $200/400 at DG? I’m in the land of one on every corner! And the staples here have VGC! Yes, I’m on vaca and I’m out buying VGC, LOL.

Well time to update my saga FROM NORTH CAROLINA!!!!! After 9 hours I finally got a call back. Then I had to wait on hold for another hour before I got a human. First girl was useless and couldn’t help me. I asked for a supervisor. I told him I wanted to rebook my trip for July, the next time I would be able to go. He said he couldn’t book that far away. But he’s like I’ll refund your points and you can book it, but it’s 30k points more. Needless to say I had some lovely words for him. I gave up and worked on getting my August flights fixed. Then he mentioned there was a flight today. I was like, I was told everything was sold out. Long story short after cancelling EVERYTHING, I got on a flight that landed 12 hours later than the one they cancelled. Luckily the rental car and hotel were willing to uncancel! So I’m here! On my connection from CLT to EWN, they moved me to First Class. Normally sweet….but today there were no perks since it was 30 min flight and the row in front of me was a screaming baby. UGH. But I’m here!!!

yesterday I had to book an AA flight that leaves today - and AA’a whole system was down. I couldn’t login on the app or any device. So I called - I picked the “call me back” option and was told they’d call me back in “more than 4 hours.” I FINALLY got my call back 7 hours later. (Fortunately in the meantime their system had come up, and I was able to book tne flight online.). So it’s not ideal, but if you don’t want to wait on hold, “call me back” is at least an option!

My flight completely disappeared so I couldn’t rebook it. And my call back only took 10 hours! UGH.

2 questions:
my dh csp came today. Ill meet the spend within a week! how soon do his URs post?
And how would I go about transferring them to my account. I have a csr and want to book our flights to Iceland on Icelandair for August

right now they are booked with united miles, but icelandair/UR is a better deal

thanks so much

2 questions:
my dh csp came today. Ill meet the spend within a week! how soon do his URs post?
And how would I go about transferring them to my account. I have a csr and want to book our flights to Iceland on Icelandair for August

right now they are booked with united miles, but icelandair/UR is a better deal

thanks so much

It usually posts when the statement closes. Unless you meet MSR too close to statement close, it might be the next statement.

To transfer, look for the Combine Points option in the UR section. It may not be working now for cards you haven't linked before, then you'll need to call or SM.

Lodging Serve at Dollar General, is there a cap like at WM? WM I do $99 to be safe, can I do $200/400 at DG? I’m in the land of one on every corner! And the staples here have VGC! Yes, I’m on vaca and I’m out buying VGC, LOL.

Well time to update my saga FROM NORTH CAROLINA!!!!! After 9 hours I finally got a call back. Then I had to wait on hold for another hour before I got a human. First girl was useless and couldn’t help me. I asked for a supervisor. I told him I wanted to rebook my trip for July, the next time I would be able to go. He said he couldn’t book that far away. But he’s like I’ll refund your points and you can book it, but it’s 30k points more. Needless to say I had some lovely words for him. I gave up and worked on getting my August flights fixed. Then he mentioned there was a flight today. I was like, I was told everything was sold out. Long story short after cancelling EVERYTHING, I got on a flight that landed 12 hours later than the one they cancelled. Luckily the rental car and hotel were willing to uncancel! So I’m here! On my connection from CLT to EWN, they moved me to First Class. Normally sweet….but today there were no perks since it was 30 min flight and the row in front of me was a screaming baby. UGH. But I’m here!!!

My flight completely disappeared so I couldn’t rebook it. And my call back only took 10 hours! UGH.

I have been thinking about you ALL DAY. Literally! The flight I booked for today was a college visit with my older DS, who woke up with a fever and raging sore throat. Fortunately he’s vaccinated, so no Covid concerns, but he was in no shape to travel today. I cancelled my AA flight, easy peasy. Went to rebook for next week, but my miles hadn’t been refunded. Turns out you HAVE TO CALL to get miles refunded - it doesn’t happen automatically. 9 hours on hold (never answered) and 2 times on chat (after 4 hours, got randomly disconnected, second time -another 4 hours), AA claims they’ve processed the refund and I’ll get my points back tomorrow. If not “just reach out again by phone or chat” 😂😂😂😂😂. I swore it was karma for my response to you and not fully appreciating AA’s ineptitude!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter