I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just this morning I hit two Family Dollars with my Visa gift cards. I ask to load a serve card, tell them $200 and after it goes through I say I'd like to do one more and I do another $200. Then I went to the other Family Dollar only 5 minutes away and did the same thing. $800 loaded today. Then I went to Staples and bought more gift cards. :D
I did the same but in reverse..Staples for the 1k in GCs then 2 FDs to unload

Well that makes me feel better. I specifically got the CIU because we could use it for tuition and get a bunch of extra UR in the process. His tuition bill should show up in July so we’ll see if it can be paid with the card.

Fee bill came through FACTS today and I was able to pay it with the CIU to complete the MSR. P2's CSP MSR will be complete when the latest charges post.

I needed a beach break. It pains me to say that, but I either needed food, or a break from the sun or both. I normally alternate between Atlantic Beach and Emerald Isle. Last trip here I stopped in the middle at an access point in Pine Knoll Shores. Well I had read on FB EI started to charge parking :( I went today and paid $9 for 3 hours. Kinda sucks. But there are SOOOO many other free access points. So I’ll hit those up tomorrow and Friday. Also after 6pm EI beaches become free. S0 my plan was to get out of the sun for a bit, run to a FD, head back to the island and hit the cheesy tourist stores (I need my 2021 anklet, LOL) and then go back to EI for sunset. Maybe do the pier, IDK. I have about 10,000 photos of the sunset from last night, LOL.

Maybe I’ll grab a few more hours in the sun too. I bought a sun shade for this trip. Normally I hit 5 Below and buy an umbrella for the week and then try to give it to a family when I leave. But I figured, I should just buy a sunshade that can fit in my suitcase w/ all the beach trips I do. I’be been afraid to open it as I think it’s a bit huge for just me. I saw one set up and it confirmed, WAY too big for just me. So I’ll wait and use it with my kids in August. But no umbrella (I didn’t pack the holder thingy for the sand, so if I bought one it’d be useless), and no sunshade, I’m dying after a few hours, LOL.

Oh and adding on, during my searches for availability for FNCs in 4 different chains, I found that IHG was charging 80,000 points for the same room I booked in the Spring for late July for 50K points. They even pulled the 2 HI Express's up past 40K so that you couldn't use a FNC.

@LilSweetPeaPhoto I may need your North Carolina HI Ex location to find a room near a beach!

In better news, I used my Chase Best Buy offer to get a $350 gift card to help pay DVC dues.

Then, spent $75 at Petsmart on my Hyatt card - Chase offer 20% off up to $14.

So I have $49 coming back and I have another Petsmart offer on my Disney card. Usually use Chewy but the prices are identical so for the cash back and since I'm out anyway, brought home some of the pet food.

Will finish my Lowes offer for another $250 for my dues, with $25 back.

Every little bit counts and this is stress free. I really like offers where you 'just use your card'.

Well it’s not on the beach, LOL. But it’s not far. I stay in Morehead City, sometimes Havelock (Both have HI Express). The Morehead one is about 15 minutes from Atlantic Beach (one end of the island) and 25/30 min from Emerald Isle (the other end of the island). It’s only 15k/night. So I feel it’s a steal.

I needed a beach break. It pains me to say that, but I either needed food, or a break from the sun or both. I normally alternate between Atlantic Beach and Emerald Isle. Last trip here I stopped in the middle at an access point in Pine Knoll Shores. Well I had read on FB EI started to charge parking :( I went today and paid $9 for 3 hours. Kinda sucks. But there are SOOOO many other free access points. So I’ll hit those up tomorrow and Friday. Also after 6pm EI beaches become free. S0 my plan was to get out of the sun for a bit, run to a FD, head back to the island and hit the cheesy tourist stores (I need my 2021 anklet, LOL) and then go back to EI for sunset. Maybe do the pier, IDK. I have about 10,000 photos of the sunset from last night, LOL.

Maybe I’ll grab a few more hours in the sun too. I bought a sun shade for this trip. Normally I hit 5 Below and buy an umbrella for the week and then try to give it to a family when I leave. But I figured, I should just buy a sunshade that can fit in my suitcase w/ all the beach trips I do. I’be been afraid to open it as I think it’s a bit huge for just me. I saw one set up and it confirmed, WAY too big for just me. So I’ll wait and use it with my kids in August. But no umbrella (I didn’t pack the holder thingy for the sand, so if I bought one it’d be useless), and no sunshade, I’m dying after a few hours, LOL.

Well it’s not on the beach, LOL. But it’s not far. I stay in Morehead City, sometimes Havelock (Both have HI Express). The Morehead one is about 15 minutes from Atlantic Beach (one end of the island) and 25/30 min from Emerald Isle (the other end of the island). It’s only 15k/night. So I feel it’s a steal.

Anything is a steal with my FNC from my legacy $49 card, lol. I just keep expecting them to force me into an upgrade.

I've been pretty lucky in that I've had ocean front rooms pretty consistently each summer. IHG and Marriott supplied most of those rooms. FNC with Marriott. FNC and points with IHG plus some paid nights in the $200 to $300 range.

Then Hyatt built a small Hyatt Place. FNC worked for 2 years, plus points. They raised the category last year to 20K so the FNC won't work, but I still can use points and transfer UR's.

June to September now have rates on the weekend that range $400 to $700 at all 3 chains. Weekdays will see slightly lower rates.

This is air show weekend where they fly in front of Marriott, Quality Inn, Hyatt and IHG, on the ocean. These are all side by side, mid Boardwalk, so it will be a zoo. So rates this weekend are $600 to $800. Lucky for me I got my free nights with a partial ocean view early on.

I've got another few nights booked in July, then again in September. Not sure if I'll go in August or not. But that's the beach plans this year. I've not canceled Outer Banks yet, but I'm not sure I want to go there. It's also booked for July.

But, I am always open for new ideas and maybe as it gets cooler here, a little drive down to NC might be fun.

Just wanted to share here - if anyone has an MR-earning card linked to their Amazon account, check your Amazon account. They are running a targeted promo of 50% off your entire order of qualifying items sold and shipped by Amazon if you use one (1) MR point at checkout. This works for regular purchases and physical gift cards but not e-gift cards (also some other things like Prime video purchases and I think Amazon GCs). I got a $100 Lowe’s and $25 Container Store GC for $64.99 and 1 MR. Max savings of $60, offer expires 6/23 or until a certain number of people redeem the offer.

If someone has a CSP for over 4 years can they PC to a freedom card and reapply for the CSP? If so how long should they wait?
Would this have any effect on the longevity of their credit? (This is their oldest account)

Yes they can downgrade and reapply as long as it has been over 4 years from bonus posting. I have seen mixed reviews on how long to wait, I think at least a week. With the downgrade their length of credit on that card will not change. Of course adding new cards will change the average somewhat.

Anyone have a sense of what an umbrella policy should cost for $1 million of coverage (I know there are tons of variables involved). I was quoted $560 through Geico which seems kind of high although I have one brand new driver and a 17 year old who has been driving for 18 months. Driving records are spotless and no accidents.

Thank you for asking this! I have been negligent on getting new quotes for a long time. We had umbrella years ago then I let it lapse after adding the 3rd teenage driver, lol, when we need it the most probably! But the premiums went up a lot. I can't remember what I last paid but it probably was in the $500 range and it was only $200 before drivers were slowly added. Today I finally called for new quotes for home/auto and umbrella. My new auto quote is $2500/yr for 3 cars and 5 drivers (3 under the age of 25, 2 good student in school but out of state), My last bill I paid was $4300/yr!!! I knew it seemed way too high but I just kept putting off calling. I really am happy to get rid of my old agent. I bet if the same company quoted me now with all the correct information it would be way less. I would tell her to change things and I don't think she did, but it was hard to tell. And now I can finally kick oldest DD to curb for her own policy and it will go down even more. Yay! But anyway, umbrella quote she gave me was $331.

You guys! Please don’t make my mistake, please pay for all of you flights with the right card.

we are stranded in Orlando until Friday, we were supposed to be on a flight home right now, but due to SW technical issues the next flight available isn’t until Friday. Which means we are here for 2 additional nights. We used DH’s SW priority to pay for his flight and I used my Amex Plat to pay for my companion flight, but then when I changed our flights I canceled my companion flight and used travel credit. Now I don’t think any of our cards will cover travel delay. I just want to cry.

Hyatt FNC experts!

Question, if reserve a room with points now, when I get my FNC can I call Hyatt to switch one of the nights from points to the FNC?

I know with Hilton you can only do this if there is still standard night availability. Is Hyatt the same?

You guys! Please don’t make my mistake, please pay for all of you flights with the right card.

we are stranded in Orlando until Friday, we were supposed to be on a flight home right now, but due to SW technical issues the next flight available isn’t until Friday. Which means we are here for 2 additional nights. We used DH’s SW priority to pay for his flight and I used my Amex Plat to pay for my companion flight, but then when I changed our flights I canceled my companion flight and used travel credit. Now I don’t think any of our cards will cover travel delay. I just want to cry.
So sorry! I am hoping they are over before we fly home on SW on Sat. I heard they canceled like 300 flights today?

I have been thinking about you ALL DAY. Literally! The flight I booked for today was a college visit with my older DS, who woke up with a fever and raging sore throat. Fortunately he’s vaccinated, so no Covid concerns, but he was in no shape to travel today. I cancelled my AA flight, easy peasy. Went to rebook for next week, but my miles hadn’t been refunded. Turns out you HAVE TO CALL to get miles refunded - it doesn’t happen automatically. 9 hours on hold (never answered) and 2 times on chat (after 4 hours, got randomly disconnected, second time -another 4 hours), AA claims they’ve processed the refund and I’ll get my points back tomorrow. If not “just reach out again by phone or chat” 😂😂😂😂😂. I swore it was karma for my response to you and not fully appreciating AA’s ineptitude!!!!
When you cancel AA flights booked with miles, the miles generally go right back in your account. I've done it 3-4 times in the past 6 weeks trying to book 3 Biz tix to LHR. Now I have to start over because I booked 3/25-4/2 and the soccer game we want to see is the afternoon of 4/2 😣. Now I need to find 3/25 to 4/3.

So sorry for your delay. Thanks for the PSA. I normally pay with an MSR at the time but really need to remember to use the CSR.

I know there are some Hamilton lovers on this thread... I had heard a snippet or two in the past and wasn't interested but I sat down and watched it on Disney+ a couple weeks ago and now I am HOOKED.

Tour tickets just opened for non-season ticket holders here at Gammage so I just grabbed some.

To keep it thread related... I haven't gotten the latest card in the mail yet so it was a decent chunk that could have gone toward an MSR but I don't know how fast they will sell out so I didn't want to wait!

When you cancel AA flights booked with miles, the miles generally go right back in your account. I've done it 3-4 times in the past 6 weeks trying to book 3 Biz tix to LHR. Now I have to start over because I booked 3/25-4/2 and the soccer game we want to see is the afternoon of 4/2 😣. Now I need to find 3/25 to 4/3.
Interesting. My miles didn’t go back into my account, and their website says you have to call to ask that they be refunded. That’s also what the AAdvantage customer service desk told me, and what two different agents told me via chat. It wasn’t until the second chat agent put in the refund request that I got my miles back. Not doubting what you are saying at all, just sharing what I’ve experienced and was told.

That really stinks. Have you talked with a Southwest agent? They may be able to provide you with lodging.

https://www.southwest.com/assets/pdfs/corporate-commitments/customer-service-commitment.pdf

Interesting. My miles didn’t go back into my account, and their website says you have to call to ask that they be refunded. That’s also what the AAdvantage customer service desk told me, and what two different agents told me via chat. It wasn’t until the second chat agent put in the refund request that I got my miles back. Not doubting what you are saying at all, just sharing what I’ve experienced and was told.

Was it a partner flight booked with AA miles? I read that those you have to call to reinstate the miles. Curious if that's correct since I'll need to cancel a BA flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter