I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok first time posting on this thread-

I just got the CSP a couple months and am just about to hit the spend to earn 80,000 bonus miles. I’ll have about 4,200 miles earned as well to combine. Yay! Planning to use this to fly my family of 5 to Disney in Feb!

So my next cc hacking goal, is to get the 5 of us to DisneyLAND. So I’ll need flights for 5 from either CMH or DRW, though Dayton, CLE or CVG could be options as well; they are usually not super great options. I’d like to get enough miles for these long flights, and then maybe work on another card once that’s obtained for a hotel stay out there.

I considered doing the capital one venture before I did the CSP; bc it was a 100,000 mile bonus but the high spend minimum was intimidating for my first time. So I played it safe and went with the smaller one. This has been the only card I’ve applied for, for a few years now. I do have excellent credit (over 800).

some things to consider: we will be building a barndomium this fall and selling our current home. So there will be some sort of loan process I’ll be going through- construction loan, etc. we just did that on this house as well and it didn’t seem to make any impact on my credit at all so I don’t think it should be a factor, but worth mentioning.
Do you have a player 2 that is willing/able to apply for a CSP? The bonus is now 100k and you could also earn 20k support points.

How long after we close a Chase SW card should we wait to apply for another one?

Editing to adds specifics- We wanted to have dh apply for the SW 65k offer on the Priority Card, which ends 7/14 (unless there is a better offer I'm unaware of?) and we just closed his old SW (non-priority, can't remember which one) today. Does he have any chance of getting approved and getting bonus after such a short time frame? TIA!

Last edited:
Do you have a player 2 that is willing/able to apply for a CSP? The bonus is now 100k and you could also earn 20k support points.
Y husband COULD....but honestly he wants no part in this. He wasn’t super thrilled that I got this card to begin with. We don’t really use cc’s (bc we were bad with them when we were younger), but I felt like hey, we’re old and mature now, I think we’ll be fine. And we are fine. But yeah I don’t think he’s willing. Not yet, anyway. He hasn’t gotten to “feel” it yet, so yeah. I don’t think he’s on board to play the game. Maybe once these flights get booked and he sees that yeah, we totally got them for free. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Like he refused to even use this card to help earn the points, even though I got him a AU card. He just won’t.

Y husband COULD....but honestly he wants no part in this. He wasn’t super thrilled that I got this card to begin with. We don’t really use cc’s (bc we were bad with them when we were younger), but I felt like hey, we’re old and mature now, I think we’ll be fine. And we are fine. But yeah I don’t think he’s willing. Not yet, anyway. He hasn’t gotten to “feel” it yet, so yeah. I don’t think he’s on board to play the game. Maybe once these flights get booked and he sees that yeah, we totally got them for free. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Like he refused to even use this card to help earn the points, even though I got him a AU card. He just won’t.
Hi @sarahrdh. Nice to see another hygienist around here 😊 unless your “rdh” stands for something different. Then color me embarrassed.

What airlines offer the best flights to LAX, SNA, or LGB from your airports? All 3 of these airports are options for flying into Anaheim. I personally prefer SNA for trips to Disneyland, but it also tends to be more expensive. I would investigate your airline options first. Then you’ll have a better idea of what airlines to start gathering points for. Google flights is a great place to start searching, and I’m not sure if Southwest serves your airport, but you would want to check there as well. Once you figure which airline you’d prefer to fly with, then we may be able to offer more specific advice. 😃

Hi @sarahrdh. Nice to see another hygienist around here 😊 unless your “rdh” stands for something different. Then color me embarrassed.

What airlines offer the best flights to LAX, SNA, or LGB from your airports? All 3 of these airports are options for flying into Anaheim. I personally prefer SNA for trips to Disneyland, but it also tends to be more expensive. I would investigate your airline options first. Then you’ll have a better idea of what airlines to start gathering points for. Google flights is a great place to start searching, and I’m not sure if Southwest serves your airport, but you would want to check there as well. Once you figure which airline you’d prefer to fly with, then we may be able to offer more specific advice. 😃
Yep hygienist here! Since ‘08!

well, I had a personal trip booked last year for a dental conference, (was cancelled obviously due to COVID) and now that I think about it, I believe I was set to fly out of CVG into SNA. Though yes LAX was cheaper. My friend was traveling with me, and work was also paying for it, so I wasgoing for convenience not cost at the time. Yes I can fly SW out of either CVG, CMH, DTW or CLE. I’m kinda smack in the middle of a bunch of airports.

Oh and also that flight I had booked was on United. That was the best price at the time. I prefer SW. But....I’ll fly whatever really, whatever is the best deal.

So what do you all consider the minimum income to app for CSP? Just wondering b/c of some DP lately about younger folks getting approved with p/t jobs etc. one of my ds's needs another cc,he hasn't apped for anything since he got CiP a couple of years back,he still works p/t and going to school tho. has a stellar credit score (when we can find it on CK that is) CiP has been pc'ed to CiU, if he can't qualify for CSP he wants the Flex,which should be an easy app. Say he app's for CSp and gets denied, would he have to wait 30 days for the flex after that?
I think if they have a relationship with Chase already, it's easier. My 25 y/o brother has a p/t job but got approved... already had a Disney Chase for a couple of years, though. So I think it might be okay. He lives with my parents right now so we used some of the total household income, that mya have helped.
Oh wow you guys are doing great with support links…Congrats….mine are all P1-P2
Well, the first few were easy: spouse (P2), each of my parents (they're redoing their kitchen so I convinced them to put it all on these cards), and my younger brother. So that was four just from immediate family. Going to suggest it to MIL next time I speak to her as well, and two close friends are thinking about it. After that it will be harder to max out P2...

For P2, my mother, and my brother we also did MDD (got all three CSRs this morning!). We had to call recon just before they closed at 1 pm EST for my 25 y/o brother's CSR because he got immediate denial. There were three reasons but "not enough installment loan payment history" is the only one I remember. The rep did also mention that one is not supposed to have more than one Sapphire card at a time, but we asked if they can push it through anyway and gave them the "they're for separate purposes" line. Well, they gave him the minimum CL but it worked! Now my parents are going to redo their flooring, too, since they need to spend 20K in that household in 3 months, lol

Off topic: anyone know how good is the wifi at the BCV / Yach Club business center? Will need to work for a day during our trip in two weeks.

I was leaning Hyatt Place for the free breakfast but then someone on Reddit mentioned the Regency club, so I think that will be the winner. We have 4 club passes so it will work perfect. Just need to find a cheaper parking garage, $50/night is crazy.
I'm not familiar with the regency club, but we had the breakfast buffet included in our rate and it was on point for sure.

Oh and also that flight I had booked was on United. That was the best price at the time. I prefer SW. But....I’ll fly whatever really, whatever is the best deal.
It sounds like either a United or Southwest card(s) would be good for you. Unfortunately I don’t have any experience with United, but one of the United cards is supposed to have a great SUB right now. You may want to consider getting the Southwest Companion pass. I don’t know when you’re flying to Disneyland, but you could potentially have enough points and the companion pass in place for flights next Summer. If you’re traveling earlier in 2022 it may or may not be worth getting the companion pass this year vs. early 2022. There’s a great Companion Pass write up on the DisChurners Reddit page. @SouthFayetteFan or @Albort can send you an invite to join the Reddit group and you can read up on it there.

Hi guys, I am just going to cry. For our August trip to Iceland, I had a car rental reserved with BlueCar. Then I booked an airbnb which provided a better discount code for BlueCar, which saved me $150. So I booked that and cancelled the first reservation. I even emailed the airbnb host and thanked her for saving us so much money. Three months later, I cannot find any email record of the second reservation and I am freaking out. Rates are more than $1000 higher now for that week. I've emailed bluecar to see if they can locate the second reservation and in the meantime, I am beside myself.

Does anyone have a reputable car rental recommendation for Iceland?

Hello! I’m starting to get nervous about my upcoming trip given all of the cancellations of flights happening. I have a trip booked on SW points coming up. Do you know if I pay the $5.60 taxes with my CSP, will the trip protection provided by the CSP kick in?
Same question but slightly different scenario. I purchased my return flights with gift cards and paid the taxes with a SW card. If I add on Early Bird Check In and pay with my CSP, will my travel protection work should the flight get cancelled?

So aa barely let the dog fly. She was slightly overweight but also they were not sure she could stand in the carrier. And my ac broke again last night and this morning I found mouse droppings in the pantry and the dog’s food bag had a hole in it. But we arrived in northern Michigan. Weather isn’t great but looking forward to a relaxing week.

You picked a lovely time, LOL. I'm sure you've saw/hear that most of SE MI is flooded like CRAZY! My basement gets a little water w/ lots of rain. The water started to seep in last night. The water triggered the breaker on my A/C. I wasn't understanding why the house felt so muggy. The BF helped me figure that out before he left. We're supposed to get rain ALL WEEK! The break today was NEEDED! I'm hoping we don't get a TON more or I'm going to have some issues.

I know there were some posts about Pelotons on here. If someone wants to remind me (here or in a PM) of anything I should consider before purchasing one, please let me know. I do know about the CSR bonus points and discount on the monthly classes.

Also, I want to thank to all the helpful posters on here who taught me so much. We just returned from a trip to Chicago where we flew lie-flat United Polaris on a Dreamliner (MRs with the Biz 35% back), stayed 3 nights at a Hyatt Centric using 3 FNCs including breakfast (b/c Globalist), and then stayed 3 nights at the W using 2 Bonvoy FNCs. We paid for parking here at the airport, a car service in Chicago, and some meals. All in all a pretty cheap trip. We were really lucky with the flights - I was getting texts from several of my friends who were having flight cancellations and delays all over the country on several different airlines while our flights were pretty much on time. DH also decided to sign up for Clear after a few friends had struggles getting to their gates on time (and they also have precheck through GE), and it really did expedite our time getting through security. The real downside to the trip is that the Centurion lounge in SFO has very limited hours and there is no lounge at ORD (so essentially we are spoiled and really missed the lounge access on this trip).

Last edited:
Hi guys, I am just going to cry. For our August trip to Iceland, I had a car rental reserved with BlueCar. Then I booked an airbnb which provided a better discount code for BlueCar, which saved me $150. So I booked that and cancelled the first reservation. I even emailed the airbnb host and thanked her for saving us so much money. Three months later, I cannot find any email record of the second reservation and I am freaking out. Rates are more than $1000 higher now for that week. I've emailed bluecar to see if they can locate the second reservation and in the meantime, I am beside myself.

Does anyone have a reputable car rental recommendation for Iceland?

Hope they find your reservation! We went through Costco. You can also check Auto Europe.

I think if they have a relationship with Chase already, it's easier. My 25 y/o brother has a p/t job but got approved... already had a Disney Chase for a couple of years, though. So I think it might be okay. He lives with my parents right now so we used some of the total household income, that mya have helped.

There were three reasons but "not enough installment loan payment history" is the only one I remember. , since they need to spend 20K in that household in 3 months, lol
I'm curious- how do you go about using some of total household income for his app?

Thbks
It sounds like either a United or Southwest card(s) would be good for you. Unfortunately I don’t have any experience with United, but one of the United cards is supposed to have a great SUB right now. You may want to consider getting the Southwest Companion pass. I don’t know when you’re flying to Disneyland, but you could potentially have enough points and the companion pass in place for flights next Summer. If you’re traveling earlier in 2022 it may or may not be worth getting the companion pass this year vs. early 2022. There’s a great Companion Pass write up on the DisChurners Reddit page. @SouthFayetteFan or @Albort can send you an invite to join the Reddit group and you can read up on it there.
Thanks! I’ll look into both of those. I don’t really have a timeline for this trip, just kind of whenever I can make all of this happen so hubs agrees lol

what about a good hotel card? I looked up hotel cards, and Wyndham rewards seemed to be ranked high. Thoughts on that? Are there nice Wyndham properties along Katella near DL that the free nights could be used at? I honestly never stay at Wyndham hotels so I don’t know at all! The only time I’m in hotels is at WDW 😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter