I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, why do people insist on abusing the system? I wonder what ramifications this will cause.

No one in here who has opened Chase cards for only the SUBs, MSed on their Chase cards, used Ink cards for non-business purposes, or opened multiple Ink cards to get the SUB you’re not entitled to within 24 months has the right to be self-righteous.

Chase specifically states on its combining points page:

You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you, or one member of your household. If we suspect that you've engaged in fraudulent activity related to your credit card account or Ultimate Rewards, or that you've misused Ultimate Rewards in any way (for example by buying or selling points, moving or transferring points with or to an ineligible third party or account, or repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards or manufacturing spend, repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards) we may temporarily prohibit you from earning points or using points you've already earned. If we believe you've engaged in any of these acts, we'll close your credit card account.

And the Ink application certifications specifically state:

I certify, understand and agree that: 1) This is a business account which shall be used only for business purposes and not personal, family or household purposes…

I understand that any new cardmember bonus offers for this product are not available to either current or previous cardmembers of this product who received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the last 24 months.

Last edited:
A couple of Quick Southwest FYIs:
  • Next release is still holding at Sept 16th so it will be awhile there.
  • Free change window hasn't been open for quite awhile, some are speculating this may be coming to an end OR extremely limited in the future.
  • Southwest 65k Offer on personal cards shows "apply by 7/14" on the support link page. If this offer interests you, just 2 weeks left to apply it seems (although sometimes the support links live on for a week beyond that date). This is an all-time high offer I believe, but not ideal timing for a CP attempt.
I wanted to get some opinions on which SW card I should get. I'm leaning towards the Priority. I have a trip planned next May so the $75 credit would be put towards the EBCI and hopefully I could use the upgraded boarding but if not the $75 credit makes it better than the Premier and the 7,500 anniversary points puts it above the Plus. Is there anything I'm missing?

I wanted to get some opinions on which SW card I should get. I'm leaning towards the Priority. I have a trip planned next May so the $75 credit would be put towards the EBCI and hopefully I could use the upgraded boarding but if not the $75 credit makes it better than the Premier and the 7,500 anniversary points puts it above the Plus. Is there anything I'm missing?
I'm a fan of the Priority - so much so that I actually have 2 of them. When my anniv came up on my Plus card I upgraded it haha. The benefits are good - the upgraded boarding, credit, and anniv. points more than offset the free IMO.

I'm a fan of the Priority - so much so that I actually have 2 of them. When my anniv came up on my Plus card I upgraded it haha. The benefits are good - the upgraded boarding, credit, and anniv. points more than offset the free IMO.
What is your experience with upgraded boarding? I'm curious on the odds of getting it. We'll have four tickets so I assume that will make it more difficult.

RunDisney is back! I have been telling DH we would go to whatever the first in person race is, but not sure I can make it work. November and January are too close to our Dec. trip. Wondering if I can toss Princess Half weekend in our year of travel without DH noticing.
Also wondering how many days I can really pull the kids from school. Think I am reaching the max for pulling out for vacation.

RunDisney is back! I have been telling DH we would go to whatever the first in person race is, but not sure I can make it work. November and January are too close to our Dec. trip. Wondering if I can toss Princess Half weekend in our year of travel without DH noticing.
Also wondering how many days I can really pull the kids from school. Think I am reaching the max for pulling out for vacation.
I've currently got a package booked for this in anticipation of doing a Dopey

Is there any good way to get discounts on packages other than redeeming grocery bonuses on GC's? Can I use points to redeem for anything on property?

RunDisney is not vacation. It’s Physical Education.

I have the priority…my reasoning was the $149 annual fee more than pays for itself with the $75 credit, 4 upgraded boardings and a high tee annual points bonus. So far we have had no trouble getting the upgraded boardings at ISP and MCO when we feel we need them

He did.

Then he got a voicemail from a maybe, maybe not, Chase number (I posted about it here). We couldn't decide if we were sure the phone call was Chase (it came up in a google search, but when I clicked on the link it just took me to a generic Chase website page and the fraud number(s) that we DID locate for Chase were not the same as the number that had called), so he did NOT call them back.

THEN he got a letter in the mail from Chase (looked legit) saying that they wanted more info from him (not sure whether the letter got sent because the phone call never got answered??) so he called them and had some sort of conversation. At the end of that conversation it seems they'd give him an answer in 30 days. That was just a couple days ago.

I don't believe Chase wants his business!

Well I am clearly wrong because they've emailed him to tell him he was approved!

Aaaaaaand now we have two MSRs to meet :scared1:

I can neither confirm nor deny this was me.

:cool1:

I was just thinking of all the work! Keeping everything organized. Changing out credit cards every couple of weeks. Just keeping the flow going.

So, where does a person go from here? I imagine Amex is in the rear view mirror. Is there anything left to move on to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter