I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I was at Lowes I saw their no dig fencing. There are sections that are 4.7 ft long and 40 inches high which should be high enough to keep Puggles in. If you are not ready to fence a huge yard - I don't really know what size yard you have - you may be able to create a play space for him with this product. A nice installed fence is thousands. A 'run' maybe 15 to 20 feet long and 4 ft wide - if you have the yard space that will work, could be done easily for about $500 and it is movable and eventually disposable if you decide to put up a permanent fence enclosure.

I bought a small version to put around some flowers about 10 years ago and it is still in great condition. I use about 4 sections to keep my dog from doing the nasty on my walled patio. It blocks the entrance to the patio and he can't jump high enough to scale the wall. I don't mind cleaning after him but not right when I'm ready to have coffee a few feet away.

You use metal posts that come with a piece that gets hammered into the ground to connect the fence.

Editing to say I have a Yorkie and he can jump but not really high. If you have a jumper, this might not work for you.

YARDLINK Grand Empire XL 3.8-ft H x 4.7-ft W Black Steel Pressed Point Decorative Fence Panel in the Metal Fence Panels department at Lowes.com

YARDLINK Grand Empire XL 4-in x 4-in W x 5-ft H Black Galvanized Steel Universal Fence Post in the Metal Fence Posts department at Lowes.com
Thanks! We have 2 acres so plenty of space and thus why we don’t have a fence. Plus we only have 2 neighbors. He definitely needs a play yard once he is better. He can only jump maybe 2 ft maybe 3 ft at most.

While I was at Lowes I saw their no dig fencing. There are sections that are 4.7 ft long and 40 inches high which should be high enough to keep Puggles in. If you are not ready to fence a huge yard - I don't really know what size yard you have - you may be able to create a play space for him with this product. A nice installed fence is thousands. A 'run' maybe 15 to 20 feet long and 4 ft wide - if you have the yard space that will work, could be done easily for about $500 and it is movable and eventually disposable if you decide to put up a permanent fence enclosure.

I bought a small version to put around some flowers about 10 years ago and it is still in great condition. I use about 4 sections to keep my dog from doing the nasty on my walled patio. It blocks the entrance to the patio and he can't jump high enough to scale the wall. I don't mind cleaning after him but not right when I'm ready to have coffee a few feet away.

You use metal posts that come with a piece that gets hammered into the ground to connect the fence.

Editing to say I have a Yorkie and he can jump but not really high. If you have a jumper, this might not work for you.

YARDLINK Grand Empire XL 3.8-ft H x 4.7-ft W Black Steel Pressed Point Decorative Fence Panel in the Metal Fence Panels department at Lowes.com

YARDLINK Grand Empire XL 4-in x 4-in W x 5-ft H Black Galvanized Steel Universal Fence Post in the Metal Fence Posts department at Lowes.com
I have a golden and we actually fenced our open sides of our backyard with these fences. Still holding strong 7 years from install! My golden loves looking through the fence at the outside and doesn’t have the urge to jump up/lean on them.

I have a golden and we actually fenced our open sides of our backyard with these fences. Still holding strong 7 years from install! My golden loves looking through the fence at the outside and doesn’t have the urge to jump up/lean on them.

Yes, I'm glad you added your endorsement! Considering how expensive my permanent fence is for an 8 ft section, this is an excellent do it yourself project. Plus, you can always make it bigger and you can see through it, an advantage if you are erecting it in a backyard and want to keep your sightlines open.

I just read a few of the reviews and people are pleased.

I am very unhappy. I might have to cancel our Disney trip. I have 4 tickets, which I guess I will use sometime in the future, a $250 Disney gift card and worst of all...a non refundable condo. It's just money out the window. I guess I should have gotten trip insurance.

I should have thought about it more when I was close to the one staples around and gone in for the fee free visa even without any extra points. I need Safeway to do a coupon, it's been months I feel like at this point and I could use some to pay my car insurance. New car should be here this week and my car ins doesn't take amex. Figure I better give one or two of my cards a little love since I want to apply in Sept before doing whatever with my gold.

Yes, I'm glad you added your endorsement! Considering how expensive my permanent fence is for an 8 ft section, this is an excellent do it yourself project. Plus, you can always make it bigger and you can see through it, an advantage if you are erecting it in a backyard and want to keep your sightlines open.

I just read a few of the reviews and people are pleased.
I'll have to take a look at this. Our new house has a mostly fenced yard, with 2 gaps, on the side of the garage and between the garage and deck. Thanks for the idea!

We are getting ready to set up online Chase access for my husband since he is now has his first ever Chase card. It's in his name only, and of course all my cards are in my name only.

We do have to do separate logins, correct? There isn't any way to put his card in amongst mine so that I can keep track of them all in one place?

Thank you all. I'm outside a lot more than I was before and really need to find something good that won't make me break out. I'll have to give these a try.
Saks has a small selection of Supergoop products online, so if you have the AMEX Platinum credit, thats a good way to try them without too much out of pocket. Their products cost more than what I would normally pay for sunscreen, but I just put in an order. I’m always trying to figure out what to spend the credit on anyway so I figured, why not?

I had to drive across the state today, so of course I checked to see what Staples I would pass on the way. I felt pretty confident I'd probably get lucky at the one I chose. I showed up to find a COMPLETE RACK of like 100 cards, LOL. I bought $1k and I'm sure I could have bought more. So on the way back through, I decided to stop again. On a whim, I thought I should look up and see what my balances were at....My Surpass is sitting at $4400 ($5k limit) and my CIU (that I'm working on getting to $7500) was at the same $4400 w/ the $5k limit. UGH! I find the holy grail of VGC and my cards are maxed. My surpass gets paid next week. But my CIU isn't due until the end of August! I'm assuming I can pay it down some, right? Or does Chase not like that? I did buy $600 on the Surpass and $600 on the CIU. Like I said, I'm sure the kid working the counter would have let me buy as many as I wanted, LOL.

My sister is looking for a good 0% card. Any suggestions? They have to buy $7k in cabinets. I told her to get the CSP, which she will if we can't find a decent 0% card. We're looking at trying to plan Hawaii and Ireland.

We talked about doing Hawaii next summer. So I guess I need to go back and read all the comments from those that are there or have just gone. We have NO idea where to start. My sister has like 600k Marriott points, so any Marriott properties you'd really recommend? Also she's unsure of bringing my nephews. They would be almost 6 and almost 9. She's in NJ and would likely break up the trip by stopping in CA. But she's not sure how enjoyable a trip w/ them would be.

If you want another CIC for a SUB, the better plan is to get an EIN for your sole proprietorship and apply as a different "business" using the EIN instead of your SSN. It's a way to double up Ink bonuses within the same 24 month period and they are treated as separate applicants. If you're 3/24, grab the CSP while its at 100k and then MDD from 4 --> 6/24 when you're done with business cards (or they won't give you anymore and you start seeing multiple rejections).
I'd do the CSP, but I just got a Chase card in June.....so I'm looking at my other options.

Saks has a small selection of Supergoop products online, so if you have the AMEX Platinum credit, thats a good way to try them without too much out of pocket. Their products cost more than what I would normally pay for sunscreen, but I just put in an order. I’m always trying to figure out what to spend the credit on anyway so I figured, why not?
Thanks for pointing this out! I want to try the cc cream. Now to figure out how to decide on what color to order!

I really tried to cancel my Vanilla Amex Platinum but got a retention offer (even though I got one last year) for 60,000 MR with $4k in spend in three months. I am almost done ($200 more) with MSR on Biz Plat 2 so why not? I really thought I would be down to three Platinum cards but I guess not. I do like the new fine hotel credit ($189 for the Ritz in Atlanta seems like a nice deal).
I got that same offer this morning and figured it's almost like a new card bonus :confused3 Now I need to find places to use the hotel credit because so far our 2 100% for certain trips are a no go.

I suppose I should think about whether there is a retention offer that would make me keep the biz plat. I did get a retention offer last year so I was assuming I wouldn't get one this year (AF posts next month). The airline and Dell credits are not very appealing. Does anyone find this card worth keeping after the first year?

Thanks for pointing this out! I want to try the cc cream. Now to figure out how to decide on what color to order!
I need to figure this out too because they used to only have three shades and I bought the light and medium and mixed them. I guess I can try to convert from Mac or Bare Minerals.

ETA: The reviews on the new CC Screen are lousy:( I still am using the old formulation. Just an FYI.

Last edited:
We are getting ready to set up online Chase access for my husband since he is now has his first ever Chase card. It's in his name only, and of course all my cards are in my name only.

We do have to do separate logins, correct? There isn't any way to put his card in amongst mine so that I can keep track of them all in one place?
You must have separate logins. I manage all DHs cards and mine (with his permission) and I have different usernames but same password for our accounts. Easier for me to remember.

Arrghhh......the phone spammers are now leaving blank messages. So the symbol pops up that I have a voice mail and I have to check it. Then, 44 seconds of nothing. So far, 3 of these before noon, and on Sunday. This has been going on for a while but usually 1 or 2 robo calls and some actual voice mails left. Not sure what is more annoying, blank air or an actual message.

The phone companies should figure out how to stop this. And not by charging customers for apps to control it.

Arrghhh......the phone spammers are now leaving blank messages. So the symbol pops up that I have a voice mail and I have to check it. Then, 44 seconds of nothing. So far, 3 of these before noon, and on Sunday. This has been going on for a while but usually 1 or 2 robo calls and some actual voice mails left. Not sure what is more annoying, blank air or an actual message.

The phone companies should figure out how to stop this. And not by charging customers for apps to control it.
yep, I have gotten several of these in the last couple of weeks.

A couple months ago I was getting 15 - 20 robo/spam calls each week and at least 3 or 4 of these would trigger the voicemail and then leave no message. It was driving me nuts having to dial into vm each time. I have verizon for phone/internet/cable and logged into my account to look for options to cancel phone, but I ended up getting into the settings and found an option to block robo calls (or something similar). I enabled it and my phone has been blissfully quiet ever since.

Most people I actually want to talk to have my cell number, so I really don't need the landline anyway - I only keep it as I have a pretty good deal on the triple play package - and the last time I enquired about dropping the phone line it was actually going to cost me more.

Maybe it is worth checking with your provider to see if they have any tools for blocking these calls.

Uggh. Looking at my Glacier NP trip and the wildfires started early. I don't know if I should just suck it up and go regardless or cancel again! The food options in the park are take out only and one place we are staying has no food at all so we need to either drive outside the park or eat all meals from the cooler for 3 days. Now the wildfires in the NW are causing the air quality to be unhealthy. I am reading with the limited tickets for the GTTSR that it is getting crowded earlier in the day like 6:30AM. And they are in the middle of that heat wave in the NW. It is so much money (offsetting with PYB to cover all costs). I am just feeling so blah about it. I feel like I will compare it to what a perfect trip would be and feel disappointed. This trip is my white whale. It is determined to vex me forever.

Just looked at options.
I have accommodations, rental car and flights for Yellowstone in September we could do that instead.
Just quickly booked hotels for New England (VT/NH) same week as GNP if we decided to bail and DS can't move his vacation to September. We would drive so no flights or rental car needed or to be found at this late date.

Have to ask DS what he wants to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter