• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow is the last day we can cancel our Portofino Bay reservation and not lose the deposit.
I never would have thought a month ago I would be considering it.
The massive crowds in Florida and the rising COVID cases have me thinking about pushing it back while 🤷‍♀️
I just canceled the Disney trip we had planned for end of July. There were personal reasons but the rising covid cases and crowds made me just scrap the whole thing instead of trying to change it around to accommodate the issues that came up.

I just canceled the Disney trip we had planned for end of July. There were personal reasons but the rising covid cases and crowds made me just scrap the whole thing instead of trying to change it around to accommodate the issues that came up.
We need to make a decision in the next couple of days too, this makes me sad, but I think it’s the right thing.

Popping in to report I finally got the last part of the "resort credit" from the Hilton Grand Vacations package timeshare presentation. They lead you to believe it will be a resort credit towards a Hilton resort stay. You have to book your stay and then send in the voucher you are given after the timeshare presentation with your hotel folio invoice. I did this when I got back from Hawaii and used the 2 night stay folio from my post stay to the timeshare package. What they sent was a $200 pre paid Visa gift card.

Last edited:

Pretty sure DH is going to think I went crazy but I just ordered a dog stroller for Puggles for our weekend getaway to the HR Chesapeake Bay since we are taking him with us. Not sure how he will do in it but thought it would make it easier since he gets tired easier with his broken leg.

Pretty sure DH is going to think I went crazy but I just ordered a dog stroller for Puggles for our weekend getaway to the HR Chesapeake Bay since we are taking him with us. Not sure how he will do in it but thought it would make it easier since he gets tired easier with his broken leg.
I'm thinking of ordering one for my older dog. She can't walk much but I don't want to leave her behind when I take the puppy for walks.

Sad… our trip in September is using points that will expire at the end of the month. So if we don’t go we lose them. We already canceled our trip twice. Hopefully by September the crowds will be down a bit.

Good morning. Question for all you CSP experts: How does Chase calculate the 48 months since last bonus? I last applied for CSP mid April 2017. I applied again recently and was rejected because I had received the bonus in the last 48 months. I'm certain I got the bonus not long after I applied. Should I call and contest? Wait it out? I really want the 100K sign up bonus. (also no chance 5/24 applies to me). Thanks so much!

Sad… our trip in September is using points that will expire at the end of the month. So if we don’t go we lose them. We already canceled our trip twice. Hopefully by September the crowds will be down a bit.
I hear you. The condo I rented is not refundable this close in, so that's money out the window.

Good morning. Question for all you CSP experts: How does Chase calculate the 48 months since last bonus? I last applied for CSP mid April 2017. I applied again recently and was rejected because I had received the bonus in the last 48 months. I'm certain I got the bonus not long after I applied. Should I call and contest? Wait it out? I really want the 100K sign up bonus. (also no chance 5/24 applies to me). Thanks so much!

You can look on your online statements and it should show when you were awarded the bonus. I think it's add a month to that. Your bonus probably showed on your May, June or July 2017 statement - you have up to 7 years of statements available online.

For example, I applied for my CSP on November 2, 2020 and asked for expedited delivery. On Nov 9, I charged $4000 plus. On November 18, 2020, my statement closed and my points showed on that statement. So, my next app date should be Dec 1 2024, but I would probably do Jan 1, 2025 to be sure.

You can look on your online statements and it should show when you were awarded the bonus. I think it's add a month to that. Your bonus probably showed on your May, June or July 2017 statement - you have up to 7 years of statements available online.
Thank you for the response. This was my initial thought but I can't figure out how to access the old statements. Since I deactivated the card, it doesn't show up under my accounts or documents.

After yesterday's discussion, I got the SW change notice on my Sept 25 flight. Arriving at 10:15 PM instead of 7:15. Even though they still list a non-stop at almost exactly the same time as what we had, it was the last flight if the day so I went with earlier in the afternoon. Sigh. We're on 2 separate points reservations so I had to open 2 separate browsers to make sure we were able to get the same change.

I applied for the IHG card. Got a we are reviewing your app message. Waited a few days and I called the status line. Says no app on file and when I look in my chase account under app status nothing is showing. Is there a number to call to see what the issue is?

OH! Found it! Ugggg. I got the bonus in the July 2017 statement. Sounds like I apply next month. How long do you think the 100K bonus offer will hold out?

OH! Found it! Ugggg. I got the bonus in the July 2017 statement. Sounds like I apply next month. How long do you think the 100K bonus offer will hold out?
Do you have a “r” link saved with the offer? Those will probably be around for a bit after the offer ends. And no one really knows since the rumor was 7/17 for the public offer to end.

Thank you for the response. This was my initial thought but I can't figure out how to access the old statements. Since I deactivated the card, it doesn't show up under my accounts or documents.

You are correct. I closed a Southwest card a couple of years ago. It showed on my list of cards until I went to settings and chose 'hide card'. It's since disappeared, as verified just now. I was hoping that it was still showing as a hidden card, but no, it's gone.

Another possible way is to check your bank account if you have that ability to see when you paid off at least $4000 on the card, after you received it. If you tend to pay off as quickly as you charge, this may give you a better idea of when you hit the $4K and when your statement closed, allowing the points to be added to your account - (not from the payment, from your charges going up to $4k.)

In any case, you hit the $4K within 115 days as I think 4 years ago that is how long they gave for a person to hit the $4K. I'm all out of suggestions other than to try to get Chase to email you some statements from your first 3-4 months of having the card.

Can you share how you found it? It might be useful info for others.

No one really knows, but even after the public offer goes away you can usually get the enhanced bonus for some amount of time using a referral link.

Does anyone have Verizon for cell service, with autopay? We recently switched from Tmobile, and haven't gotten our first bill yet. They offered $10 off each line (x2) if I opted in for autopay, so of course I did to save $20 monthly. Only caveat is that the autopay can only be from bank account. Has anyone been successful paying bill with credit card before it takes it out of the bank? And if so, do you still keep your discount? I really want to use CIC for 5x back like I've been doing with Tmobile.

On another note, my car/home insurance recently did this, switching autopay to only bank account. They even tell you if you pay with credit card, you'll lose the autopay discount. So that's like $1500-2000 a year that really hurts when it's being debited out of my checking (without any points being earned). >:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter