I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a “r” link saved with the offer? Those will probably be around for a bit after the offer ends. And no one really knows since the rumor was 7/17 for the public offer to end.
I don’t think the offer is going away within the next month, I saw on Doc that the offer is getting better if you apply in a branch.

Does anyone have Verizon for cell service, with autopay? We recently switched from Tmobile, and haven't gotten our first bill yet. They offered $10 off each line (x2) if I opted in for autopay, so of course I did to save $20 monthly. Only caveat is that the autopay can only be from bank account. Has anyone been successful paying bill with credit card before it takes it out of the bank? And if so, do you still keep your discount? I really want to use CIC for 5x back like I've been doing with Tmobile.

On another note, my car/home insurance recently did this, switching autopay to only bank account. They even tell you if you pay with credit card, you'll lose the autopay discount. So that's like $1500-2000 a year that really hurts when it's being debited out of my checking (without any points being earned). >:(
Verizon should still offer debit card as an autopay option, try PayPal Key. It works as a virtual debit card. :thumbsup2

Otherwise Verizon fixed some of the loopholes that allowed payment with a CC and keep the discount. I think there are some that are still working but this seems like the easiest solution for now.

I’m so behind on this thread, so apologies if this has already been shared -

Dosh has 6% back at Office Depot/Office Max today only. Maximum cash back is still $10. 6% back is great; usually it’s 2%.
Knock on wood, I’ve had amazing luck with getting Dosh to track on GCs at OD, although I always throw in a small item (today thankfully I need scotch tape!) - I’ve heard mixed results with GC only.

Verizon should still offer debit card as an autopay option, try PayPal Key. It works as a virtual debit card. :thumbsup2

Otherwise Verizon fixed some of the loopholes that allowed payment with a CC and keep the discount. I think there are some that are still working but this seems like the easiest solution for now.
Interesting, thanks!!! I have no idea what this PayPal key is but I’m off to research! 😁 and yes, they do still offer debit for autopay.

Have you thought of going and avoiding the parks and doing other socially distanced activities? Florida has some amazing beauty you can do without being around people
I actually suggested that to my girls... not well received. But it may not be a bad idea later in the year when it's not as hot.

Does anyone have Verizon for cell service, with autopay? We recently switched from Tmobile, and haven't gotten our first bill yet. They offered $10 off each line (x2) if I opted in for autopay, so of course I did to save $20 monthly. Only caveat is that the autopay can only be from bank account. Has anyone been successful paying bill with credit card before it takes it out of the bank? And if so, do you still keep your discount? I really want to use CIC for 5x back like I've been doing with Tmobile.

On another note, my car/home insurance recently did this, switching autopay to only bank account. They even tell you if you pay with credit card, you'll lose the autopay discount. So that's like $1500-2000 a year that really hurts when it's being debited out of my checking (without any points being earned). >:(

Yeah I have Verizon set up autopay from my bank account, and just once this past year I paid with a CC while trying to hit a SUB and bam, got hit with a $20 fee the next bill, totally negating any points I earned. Lesson learned!

Have you thought of going and avoiding the parks and doing other socially distanced activities? Florida has some amazing beauty you can do without being around people

We did this last June when everything shut down. We ended up going to Cocoa Beach, Kennedy Space Center, and Legoland since WDW was still shut down. We also just spent a lot of time hanging at the condo pool (we stayed at Windsor Hills). Still ended up being a great vacation. Yes we still went to some "parks" but nothing was crowded then and we spent a lot of time just with our little group as well.

Do you have a “r” link saved with the offer? Those will probably be around for a bit after the offer ends. And no one really knows since the rumor was 7/17 for the public offer to end.
Please tell me what an "r" link is? Sounds like I'll need to buy a few more weeks if possible. Thanks.
Can you share how you found it? It might be useful info for others.
Yes. When viewing on my PC, there are three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the screen. When you click on the lines, there's a drop down menu where you can select "Statements & Documents". Once you click on that link, you have an opportunity to select the year you want to view. The easier route on any device may be to type "Statements & Documents" into the search function for a direct link. Hope that helps someone.

Thank you for the response. This was my initial thought but I can't figure out how to access the old statements. Since I deactivated the card, it doesn't show up under my accounts or documents.
OH! Found it! Ugggg. I got the bonus in the July 2017 statement. Sounds like I apply next month. How long do you think the 100K bonus offer will hold out?

Hi, when you say you deactivated the card, does that mean you canceled it or downgraded it to a no fee card?

If you canceled the card, data points suggest you wait 30 days from cancellation to reapply, otherwise Chase still thinks you have a Sapphire and denies your app.

If you downgraded, also known as product changing (PC), data points suggest waiting 4 days from PC to apply.

Can you share how you found it? It might be useful info for others.
I got the CSP in June 2017 and the bonus on my July 22, 2017 statement. I pc’d it to a CF near the cards anniversary to avoid the AF. I was able to figure out when I got the bonus by going into statements under my CF. My CSP statement are in there. I got brave and applied for the CSP on June 22, 2021. I was declined because I received the bonus with 48 months. So I plan to apply again on Friday (7/23) which will be 30 days since I applied and one day over a year since I got the CSP bonus. Wish me luck lol.

Please tell me what an "r" link is? Sounds like I'll need to buy a few more weeks if possible. Thanks.

Yes. When viewing on my PC, there are three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the screen. When you click on the lines, there's a drop down menu where you can select "Statements & Documents". Once you click on that link, you have an opportunity to select the year you want to view. The easier route on any device may be to type "Statements & Documents" into the search function for a direct link. Hope that helps someone.
A support link/refer-a-friend. @SouthFayetteFan can get you access to Dischurners, if you don’t have one available. We are NOT allowed to post them here.

Last edited:
We signed up for PreCheck this year and will be traveling with our 20 month old to Disney in a couple of weeks. Can anyone offer tips as to what you need to do/not do in PreCheck especially if you're traveling with a bottle of milk/toddler snacks?

We signed up for PreCheck this year and will be traveling with our 20 month old to Disney in a couple of weeks. Can anyone offer tips as to what you need to do/not do in PreCheck especially if you're traveling with a bottle of milk/toddler snacks?

I don't have specific info for precheck, but when my dd was a baby I had small shelf stable cartons of liquid toddler formula. Because of having liquids I had to have my hands swabbed with their wipes to check for gun powder residue or whatever it is they show. I had literally just used hand sanitizer before going through security and my hands tested positive. So I had to take my sleeping baby out of her carrier so they could pat me down. I asked if the hand sanitizer would cause the result and they said yes, but still had to pat me down.

So my advice if traveling with milk, try to avoid sanitizer or be prepared to go to second base with a stranger in front of your family 😂.

Doc posted last night about people being able to PC a citi card to the new custom cash card last night, and even through the chat on the app.

This was perfect timingg since the af on my premiere hit last week. I was able to pc it using the chat on the app to do it, don't think it even took 5 min. This is a decent no af card so I may actually use it more than the other that got sick drawered and then when I'm getting ready to use the points I'll figure out my options.

I don't have specific info for precheck, but when my dd was a baby I had small shelf stable cartons of liquid toddler formula. Because of having liquids I had to have my hands swabbed with their wipes to check for gun powder residue or whatever it is they show. I had literally just used hand sanitizer before going through security and my hands tested positive. So I had to take my sleeping baby out of her carrier so they could pat me down. I asked if the hand sanitizer would cause the result and they said yes, but still had to pat me down.

So my advice if traveling with milk, try to avoid sanitizer or be prepared to go to second base with a stranger in front of your family 😂.

I think I'm going to play it safe and just buy milk at the D&D at the airport lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter