I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't leave it to chance. ;) I call and add his name to the reservation. Then I call the hotel and tell them he's Globalist. I really want the perks, and my understanding was that as long as he is there we should get them. If his isn't true, I'll have some issues in Kauai.

That's great! I have a Ventana Inn reservation under my account that I made when DH had no status. I've been wondering how I can get his Globalist status for that. I'll try this!

I was just venting when I posted my points transfer problem, but I end up with such helpful tips! ❤ :thanks:

do you have link to fb group? we're driving around and staying 1 night per hotel so i can just imagine leaving something behind! where is the volcano?

The volcano eruption site is near Grindavik on the Reykjanes peninsula, which is nearish the airport. Many people go there straight from the airport. Trail info here:
https://www.visitreykjanes.is/en/volcano-eruption/eruption-information/hiking-and-parking
Some days it is very active, and some days, not so much, so many people recommend keeping an eye on the webcams:
https://www.visitreykjanes.is/en/vo...on-information/webcams-from-the-eruption-site

Quick question - I need to reimburse my DS for spending I did on "his" CSP because the payment comes out of his bank account. Is there a reason why I shouldn't send it via paypal? It's almost $2700. I've sent him smaller amounts before via paypal F&F, and also just written him a check before but he's moved out since then so it's not as convenient to give him a check. Just wanting to make sure Paypal won't have any red flags or anything for a large amount. Thanks!

With my summer winding down, this was the last week I could join the BF on a trip. He got a call Thursday morning at 6am giving him a trip. I decided to go for it and join him. I tried to do this back in March on a trip to LAX he had and it got cancelled. This trip, his plane was having issues. We pulled off the gate, headed to the runway then circled back. I knew something wasn't right. Then everyone was getting text notices that the trip was cancelled. And considering he's a Spirit pilot....and the week they had last week, let's just say people weren't happy. He had to pull back to the gate after 30 min as he tried to work through the issue because we needed a refuel. I joked w/ the FA that I'm apparently a bad luck charm. They managed to get the problem figured out and off we went from DTW to RSW (Fort Myers).

I wore the "Dibs on the Pilot" tshirt I made, LOL. He joked he wasn't going to let me on the plane. The gate agent hooked me up w/ an entire row to myself. I text my BF while boarding was happening that I wanted gummy bears. Shortly after the FAs came and hooked me up, LOL. I have to say, it was pretty awesome to hear his "pilot voice" :love: :love: Apparently we hit wake turbulence. I didn't know that was a thing. And he had to doge some storms. But he is quite smooth at landing, LOL. Once we got off the plane, he overloaded me sharing what all went wrong., LOL.

Today I headed back to DTW solo. He had to catch an AA flight to Philly (passenger), then fly Philly to Myrtle. Our gates were next to each other leaving today. RSW had a ground stop thanks to lightning. So he was texting me from his plane. I managed to take off first, he was delayed, which means the plane he was supposed to fly ended up delayed. But he finally got to Myrtle. I'm bummed I couldn't get there. But I know there will be more flights in our future.

On Tuesday, the kids and I will be off to NC for my end of summer trip. It's crazy! My first week of summer I took a solo trip to NC, and now my last week of summer I'm taking the kids. I've been stalking the hurricanes, it looks like we should be safe and dodge them......

This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months.

So yes, take a peek at your statements and see when you were last awarded the sign up bonus. Great work closing it a month ago, so if you are past the 24 months, you should be good to apply again. If you know anyone who has a support link, try to use that when you apply.
My most fav card, LOL. I had the Premier (I just closed it this week) and I have the traveler. I'm about to reapply for the premier this week!

Do the IHG points expire and on average how many points are needed for a night? I'm going to try and signup my wife for the Citi Premier but with her recent inquiries she might be declined. If that happens the IHG might be my next option since I've exhausted most Chase options for now and I hate spending money that doesn't go towards a MSR. If anyone has any non Chase options let me know.
I love my IHG cards! I love that they offer 4th night free. I use my points to take my kids to NC (like next week). I think it's 15k/night so I'm getting 4 nights for 45k. So the 150k can get me 3 trips!

Thank you all for the replies, I'll put it back on my list. And be sure to go early.
We just hiked Diamond Head last Saturday, definitely worth it. We didn’t have a car the day we went so grabbed a taxi from our hotel in Waikiki, only $15 and we didn’t have to worry about getting up there early for parking. We were going to take the bus back, but flagged down a cab instead. I'm glad we had cash with us because most of them didn't take cards!

Just posting this in case anyone missed it or thinking about Costco Membership.
Buy a membership and get 40 dollar shop card and 40 off any order of 250.

DD starting her freshman college year so I signed her and roomate up figuring it will come in handy as
she is not use to cooking for herself and for getting gas.

https://www.costco.com/online-membership-promotion.html
go thru Dosh for (hopefully) another $20 back too :)

do you have link to fb group? we're driving around and staying 1 night per hotel so i can just imagine leaving something behind! where is the volcano?

It's just called "travel iceland". I don't know how to spell or pronounce the name where the volcano is, but just google, there are live webcams too so you can see the activity. It was about an hours drive from Reyjkavik.

I have an offer on my CSP for Farmers Dog... $25 back on a purchase of $25 or more. I've heard good things about them, so I might give them a try! My older dog is super picky about food. Not sure of their prices though. Anyone have experience with them? Is it easy to cancel later?

That's great! I have a Ventana Inn reservation under my account that I made when DH had no status. I've been wondering how I can get his Globalist status for that. I'll try this!

I was just venting when I posted my points transfer problem, but I end up with such helpful tips! ❤ :thanks:

I hope it works there. Make sure to put his name on the reservation first. ;)

Our final summer vacation is winding down. We have enjoyed 3 very different beach vacations.

The Hilton Sandestin is a beautiful location. The Gulf water and beach are beautiful. Crystal clear and warm. The room is ok but Hilton really leaves a lot to be desired as a Diamond. $24 towards a $50 breakfast just sucks. That being said we would definitely return.

The Hyatt Regency Aruba was awesome! Great location, beautiful ocean and water, pool fun for DS and Hyatt treats their Globalists good with free breakfast and club access. It was nice being able to have a large selection of dinner options in walking distance. We are sold and will definitely return.

The Hyatt Regency Bonita Springs was our least favorite. So many flies at pool and beach is nothing shells. This is a maybe for returning.

DS’s favorite has been HR Clearwater. Mind you were upgraded to an AMaZING suite but it is a great location. The beach and ocean are beautiful and so many dinner selections within walking distance.

The Clearwater/Sarasota area and the FL panhandle are definitely at the top of our list for retirement in a few short years.

Oh, Chicago was nice but we are definitely beach people and not city people.0C038301-E3A7-430B-9F34-3929ABB44768.jpeg0C038301-E3A7-430B-9F34-3929ABB44768.jpeg19DEE794-0D8A-4F80-A302-6F406EE08720.jpeg

MN and WI are wrong. For MN it should be Itasca state park where the Mississippi headwaters are. And for WI, Peninsula state park in Door County.
I’ll have to check out Peninsula State Park next time I’m up there!

I prefer Tettegouche to Itasca 😬

Itasca is very cool because it’s the headwaters of the Mississippi - definitely an interesting thing to see once - but the rest of the state park just feels like any other parkland.

I’ll have to check out Peninsula State Park next time I’m up there!

I prefer Tettegouche to Itasca 😬

Itasca is very cool because it’s the headwaters of the Mississippi - definitely an interesting thing to see once - but the rest of the state park just feels like any other parkland.
Funny we just hiked Tettegouche a month ago (bought a shirt too 😜😜). The frustrating thing is the falls trails don’t loop. You have to go up and back or walk back through the campground.

WOOOOO, I cancelled my IHG premier card earlier this week. I just re-applied and got approved for $11k. Do you think there's a way to get that expedited to be here before I leave for NC Tuesday?

I thought they couldn't expedite the co-branded cards because they have to work with IHG, or something like that. Also, my niece requested CSP to be expedited via SM and was told they could not. My CSP and SIL CSP were both expedited by request. Congrats on the IHG card!

WOOOOO, I cancelled my IHG premier card earlier this week. I just re-applied and got approved for $11k. Do you think there's a way to get that expedited to be here before I leave for NC Tuesday?

Congrats!

With the Hyatt card, DPs say you can request to expedite 48 hours after approval. IHG might be similar, but that still won't be soon enough for Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter