• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added the Target $500 disney gift card and Walmart DGC from the PayPal deals to my acct. I am up to about $1250. I thought that seemed pretty good and no way I should need more than that for our 3 day trip in Dec.
I just did a quick budget of what we will spend each day at Disney.
I estimated $15 x 5 for genie plus x 3 days
Guessing $15 for 2 individual rides selections so $30 x 5 x 3days
(all guesstimates just to get an estimated budget)

Genie+ and rides will use half my gift cards!! 😡😡. Thankfully we are doing mostly quick service since we want to eat outside but man, that stinks.

Hoping some more Disney gift card deals come along. It’s been a long time since Ive had a 10% off Lowe’s or Staples. 🤞🤞🤞

:offtopic:

Was at Walmart the other day and ran across some poncho's on clearance. Used to get them from the dollar store but these seem a lot better than the dollar store ones. They were $5 now $1. Got a bunch of them figured can still toss them if they are soaking wet and not worth trying to get dry...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/319866792
Edit: Looks like only one store has them for $1 around here, Everywhere else is $5. Here is the BrickSeek link to check inventory in your area and price... My store had like 100 of each color, Red, Blue, Black and Yellow.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=319866792

Last edited:
Saw this but does not work for shipping and they just have the small dog food bags in stores... I have been getting it from Menards while they still are running their 11% rebate the last few times.

No Menards that I know off around here. The closest I see is in West Virginia. But 11% would be nice!

edit: So, I realized they would ship. But even with the rebate the price is higher on the Purina one tender cuts plus they charge for shipping plus a processing fee. Well, I tried. I'm always open to looking at different options.

Last edited:

No Menards that I know off around here. The closest I see is in West Virginia. But 11% would be nice!

edit: So, I realized they would ship. But even with the rebate the price is higher on the Purina one tender cuts plus they charge for shipping plus a processing fee. Well, I tried. I'm always open to looking at different options.
Their 11% off comes in the form of merchandise credit. So not really 11% off unless you shop there often.

Yeah they have a lot of fees for online ordering, I've never used that.. However two 15lb bags from Target is $20 more than the 30lb bag so $10 off still is $10 higher then Menards, and I get an additional $6 back on the rebate... Figured I'd mention it if it was close.

Their 11% off comes in the form of merchandise credit. So not really 11% off unless you shop there often.

I actually pass Lowes and Home Depot to get to Menards. Generally they have better prices. Also, Not sure if you ever noticed, when you use the rebate they reduce the pre-tax amount, so you are not charged tax on that amount a second time!

Yeah they have a lot of fees for online ordering, I've never used that.. However two 15lb bags from Target is $20 more than the 30lb bag so $10 off still is $10 higher then Menards, and I get an additional $6 back on the rebate... Figured I'd mention it if it was close.

I actually pass Lowes and Home Depot to get to Menards. Generally they have better prices. Also, Not sure if you ever noticed, when you use the rebate they reduce the pre-tax amount, so you are not charged tax on that amount a second time!
Price for my dog food is the same at Target and Menards. I buy at both places. We are always there, so the 11% works for us, and then when you spend it you get another 11% back on what you just used your last 11% on LOL. We got to Menards just to explore LOL, such weird variety. I actually buy a fair amount of grocery stuff there, they have great prices on a lot of it.

Honestly the Fairfield had some bad reviews. I just booked it because I didn’t think we were going to be able to use these certs anywhere else this year. It was actually not a great value points wise to use them. So I’m happy just getting them back. I feel bad staying somewhere for free I can’t imagine I’m going to demand more money on top of it. Maybe I’ll wait to see where they put us. Lol. She didn’t mention how many points. I’ll report back once I know.

Circling back to this. What is the policy if it was a 2 night reservation that was walked? The email the manager sent me said that my FNCs would be given back and they had set me up with accommodations at the new hotel. Exact wording. I thought that meant both nights were covered. Nowhere did the email say they only covered one night and I had to pay the 2nd night. And when I checked into 2nd hotel they didn’t mention it. I guess it makes sense they wouldn’t cover multiple nights but you think that would have been mentioned in the email somewhere. We only found out because we got locked out of our room while we were out today. The new manager was at first getting testy with us saying we couldn’t even retrieve our luggage without paying for the whole night. He then called the Marriott manager so we could both talk to her and I then asked her for my $100 lol. She said points and money would be sent to me later and the Marriott policy is to only cover one night. The new hotel manager was like I’m going to stop accepting their overflow because another room came in earlier and was arguing with the guy and not nice to him. We tried to be nice. He was appreciative that we were not hostile towards him but the Fairfield is definitely not communicating properly with what is expected of their walks. He said they requested 17 overflows this week and he wasn’t looking forward it. So is the policy only one night?

I have a 46lb puppy, so been getting the 30lb bags. Target does not have those in the stores and the $10 off $40 does not apply to items that have to ship so can only get 5% if I order it online. 🙄

View attachment 601742
adorable we buy 30 pounds too, of our food, but luckily both stores carry it. If hubby goes we go to Menards to get it, or if Target has a deal, I do drive up, and then he hauls it in from the garage when I get home LOL.

Everyone that is eligible for the Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) bonus should get one and so should their partner (P2), if they have one.

You should apply for the CSP, earn at least 104,000 UR (100K bonus + 4K spend), then your P2 would uses your support link to apply for the CSP too that would earn you 20K URs for the support link plus another 104K for the bonus. That is an easy 228,000 URs, which is worth $2,850 in travel when you use it on the Chase travel portal. Chase currently has pay yourself back (PYB) option at grocery stores and most of us have been buying Disney gift cards (DGC) at Walmart Neighborhood market, then using PYB to erase those transactions. You could buy $1,300 in DGC before 9/31/2021, then once your bonus post you could use PYB to erase those purchases. And do the same if you have a P2.

Another good UR earning option is the Chase Freedom or Freedom Flex. The current bonus is $200 (20K URs) + you can earn 5 URs per dollar at grocery stores up to $12,000 in the first year. If you can max that out, that's 60K URs, which you can transfer to your CSP. The Freedom Flex will come with rotating quarterly 5% bonus and warehouses are always part of one of those quarterly bonus. Again, if you have a P2, they could get their own Freedom Flex and double the bonus.

Don't forget to use a support link, someone here can add you to the Reddit group, we like to support each other in this active group.

We've been in 1P mode, but considering 2P mode and this bonus seems like the best it will get! I went to my UR how to earn page, and see I can get 20k UR for referring, but nothing about a bonus? Is there a different way to refer the P2 to get the bonus the way you describe it? Thanks for any advice!

Circling back to this. What is the policy if it was a 2 night reservation that was walked? The email the manager sent me said that my FNCs would be given back and they had set me up with accommodations at the new hotel. Exact wording. I thought that meant both nights were covered. Nowhere did the email say they only covered one night and I had to pay the 2nd night. And when I checked into 2nd hotel they didn’t mention it. I guess it makes sense they wouldn’t cover multiple nights but you think that would have been mentioned in the email somewhere. We only found out because we got locked out of our room while we were out today. The new manager was at first getting testy with us saying we couldn’t even retrieve our luggage without paying for the whole night. He then called the Marriott manager so we could both talk to her and I then asked her for my $100 lol. She said points and money would be sent to me later and the Marriott policy is to only cover one night. The new hotel manager was like I’m going to stop accepting their overflow because another room came in earlier and was arguing with the guy and not nice to him. We tried to be nice. He was appreciative that we were not hostile towards him but the Fairfield is definitely not communicating properly with what is expected of their walks. He said they requested 17 overflows this week and he wasn’t looking forward it. So is the policy only one night?

Their policy is very difficult to interpret. I have only been walked once, and it was upon showing up at the hotel. Was walked from the Wyndham Bonnet Creek to the Waldorf Astoria. Wyndham covered the WA stay (5 nights) and did not charge for the Wyndham stay.

If the Fairfield Inn is not honoring the reservation for the 2nd night, but didn’t notify you in advance, I don’t see how it wouldn’t be covered. But that’s just my opinion of what is right. I am so sorry this has happened to you. What a disaster.

Editing to answer your question. I don't know whether it's just one night, but one way is to make 2 separate reservations when possible. Then, I imagine the nights would be dealt with separately. It could mean changing back to the Fairfield also. I know one thing - they will usually jump through hoops to keep you in the same room even with split reservations because it's in their favor. Two reservations also gives flexibility for changes.

Just absolutely bad customer service all the way around! There is no Fairfield Inn that should be sorry enough to be walking 17 rooms in a week.

And, inexcusable to not properly account for the 2nd night, especially considering you were using an incentive to book with Marriott - a free night certificate! I would be polite but livid.

And, I would also be standing at the desk while I got Marriott Customer Service on the line and got stuff straightened out.

Don't remember which hotel chain you got walked to, but hope they were able to give you a room.

My most recent walk was from an Aloft in Jacksonville, Fl while I was driving down. I didn't actually know the policy and can't remember if it was before Marriott and was SPG at the time - it was 2017 or 2018. So I may have missed some compensation. I've read about the comps but I'd rather stick to the plan when I'm traveling rather than move and jump through hoops for $50 to $200. At that point I'm tired and need my dinner and my rest.

In any event, they bumped me up to a boutique hotel that was considerably nicer than the Aloft. But it was only 1 night and at first we were offered a different room choice at the Aloft. I had 2 queens booked and they offered a king. We did not wish to share a bed so declined the offer.

I think I'll print out all Marriott's T&C's. Might be a good thing to have close by when traveling especially with all the FNC's I have to spend before Jan 3, 2022.

We've been in 1P mode, but considering 2P mode and this bonus seems like the best it will get! I went to my UR how to earn page, and see I can get 20k UR for referring, but nothing about a bonus? Is there a different way to refer the P2 to get the bonus the way you describe it? Thanks for any advice!
I'm not sure which card you are referring to, do you have the CSP already?
You can create links to any chase card using the Chase catch all page. https://www.chase.com/referafriend/catch-all

Did anyone get the tap to pay 3 times offer for their Freedom? Do 3.35 or greater 3 times and get 1000 UR?

I got a reminder to use my CSP tap to pay, but no bonus offer :(
I got the same email you did…reminding me to use tap to pay, but no bonus URs :guilty:

Did anyone get the tap to pay 3 times offer for their Freedom? Do 3.35 or greater 3 times and get 1000 UR?

I got a reminder to use my CSP tap to pay, but no bonus offer :(

Yeah I got an email yesterday and used it once at Walmart to get some more ponchos for Disney hopefully next summer. LOL. Email said there was no enrollment needed.

Edit: Just noticed you said Freedom.. Nothing on the Freedom... This is the CSP one I got;

Tap to Pay is accepted at thousands of merchants nationwide!​
Tap to Pay three times from Sept. 1, 2021 through Nov. 30, 2021, and receive 1,000 bonus points when each purchase is $3.35 or more.* No enrollment is necessary.​

Everyone that is eligible for the Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) bonus should get one and so should their partner (P2), if they have one.

You should apply for the CSP, earn at least 104,000 UR (100K bonus + 4K spend), then your P2 would uses your support link to apply for the CSP too that would earn you 20K URs for the support link plus another 104K for the bonus. That is an easy 228,000 URs, which is worth $2,850 in travel when you use it on the Chase travel portal. Chase currently has pay yourself back (PYB) option at grocery stores and most of us have been buying Disney gift cards (DGC) at Walmart Neighborhood market, then using PYB to erase those transactions. You could buy $1,300 in DGC before 9/31/2021, then once your bonus post you could use PYB to erase those purchases. And do the same if you have a P2.

Another good UR earning option is the Chase Freedom or Freedom Flex. The current bonus is $200 (20K URs) + you can earn 5 URs per dollar at grocery stores up to $12,000 in the first year. If you can max that out, that's 60K URs, which you can transfer to your CSP. The Freedom Flex will come with rotating quarterly 5% bonus and warehouses are always part of one of those quarterly bonus. Again, if you have a P2, they could get their own Freedom Flex and double the bonus.

Don't forget to use a support link, someone here can add you to the Reddit group, we like to support each other in this active group.

Editing to add a question: Much appreciated! This is a great suggestion. I figured CSP would be recommended based on this thread. I think I will do exactly what you recommend and use the pay yourself back feature to get some essentially free DGC. I would be more than happy to use someones support link, how do I go about joining the reddit group?

I just realized that my Player 2 recently opened a Chase Freedom Flex, should I use his support link and open one of those? Since I am spending this money in the next 30-60 days should I only open the freedom flex or should I open CSP as well? how close together should I open these cards?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter