• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing to do is to sign up for multiple credit cards for their sign up bonuses. That is going to get you the most value. I second what @becauseimnew said. The CSP is at an all time high and if you can refer to Player 2 that would get you a lot of UR Points with Chase, which are highly valuable. But there are rules to signing up for different cards so run everything through us here and we can help.

One question would be when do you plan on the $20,000 spend. Now or spread out over a year.... this will help in recommending cards also.

Definitely looking at CSP, I think I will start with that and see if Player 2 wants to join as well. Unfortunately I waited too long to truly start this process and now I have 60 days before I am getting married. Everything will be paid within 30-60 days so i'm on a bit of a time crunch.

Much appreciated! This is a great suggestion. I figured CSP would be recommended based on this thread. I think I will do exactly what you recommend and use the pay yourself back feature to get some essentially free DGC. I would be more than happy to use someones support link, how do I go about joining the reddit group?
Here is the direct link to request to join https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/
and @SouthFayetteFan or @Albort can approve your request

Sharing an epic churning fail:

I was lucky enough to have received a 45,000 MR support bonus. I sent it to myself and marked it, so that I would know to use that specific link for P2 with the 45k MR bonus. Went to apply today as P2 and it said the link expired. It's no longer available on the Amex website- now down to 15k. I looked at the screenshot I took of the support offer and it says "Expires 9/1." Missed it by 2 days. I estimate I lost out on about $450. Woopsies.

Definitely looking at CSP, I think I will start with that and see if Player 2 wants to join as well. Unfortunately I waited too long to truly start this process and now I have 60 days before I am getting married. Everything will be paid within 30-60 days so i'm on a bit of a time crunch.

I would definitely get the CSP for both you and player 2. Couple of options. You could both do the Modified Double Dip with the CSR. (if you join our Reddit group - lots of info there). Basically once you are approved for CSP you have to get approved for the CSR the next day. It's a little loophole as Chase only allows 1 Sapphire card per person. This gets around that. The annual fee is $550 but is offset by $300 travel credit (which you can use now and then use again when your annual fee comes due in 2022 and then cancel or downgrade the card) You also can book Chase Travel at 1.5 times the value. I book all my cruises that way. Basically $1500 in travel would cost you 100,000 points or $1000. CSR has a 60,000 Sign up bonus I think.

So if you each got both - you would have.
100,000 CSP
20,000 CSP Referal
100,000 CSP P2
CSR 60,000
CSR 60,000 P2
16,000 for Spend on Cards
Easy 356,000 points

If you don't want to go that route - then get the CSP for both and then a few more cards from someone other than Chase. (Amex, BOA etc). Lots of great sign up bonuses to take advantage of . Especially since you have the expenses coming up. Others might have some other card suggestions.

I added the Target $500 disney gift card and Walmart DGC from the PayPal deals to my acct. I am up to about $1250. I thought that seemed pretty good and no way I should need more than that for our 3 day trip in Dec.
I just did a quick budget of what we will spend each day at Disney.
I estimated $15 x 5 for genie plus x 3 days
Guessing $15 for 2 individual rides selections so $30 x 5 x 3days
(all guesstimates just to get an estimated budget)

Genie+ and rides will use half my gift cards!! 😡😡. Thankfully we are doing mostly quick service since we want to eat outside but man, that stinks.

Hoping some more Disney gift card deals come along. It’s been a long time since Ive had a 10% off Lowe’s or Staples. 🤞🤞🤞

I have a 10% off, up to $35 for Best Buy on my Chase SW card (that I never use). Best Buy sells Disney GDs. I've had the offer on other Chase cards previously.

I have a 10% off, up to $35 for Best Buy on my Chase SW card (that I never use). Best Buy sells Disney GDs. I've had the offer on other Chase cards previously.

I have this offer on my new CSP, but does it successfully work on the Best Buy e-gift cards? I was tempted to try, but I wanted to ask here first!

I just received my $2k AMEX credit for refinancing with Better Mortgage. We signed the papers on Aug 20 and the credit hit my account on Sept 2. A simple call is all that is needed to have them send the credit to your bank account. Very easy process if you have an AMEX and are thinking of refinancing.

Did anyone get the tap to pay 3 times offer for their Freedom? Do 3.35 or greater 3 times and get 1000 UR?
I got it on my CSR this morning.

I have had this offer on a few cards recently and last week I used it on 2 different cards to buy Disney GCs in the store. Bought 2 $350 cards in separate transactions and had no problems at all using it.

@killerfish What’s on the Sunday brunch menu at the GH Tampa? Has the club/lounge reopened? Trying to decide whether to just stay the night in Clearwater or move to GH our final night before we head home.

Any Thoughts on the HR Sarasota?

AF for my CIP just posted. Close or PC?

I wanted to keep my options open for CIU but I've tried twice for it and been denied.

I would PC if you have a use for it. You’ll need $5k on it to PC.
Well poop. I had lowered that limit to 2K and I don't want to risk a hard pull for an increase.

I could give the CIU one more try maybe since I haven't applied for anything since May. They just don't like my apps for some reason.

Next weekend is my trip to ATL for DD's 18th birthday. Ds isn't coming which is probably for the best. I changed my sw ticket so I'm arriving early on Saturday and leaving late Sunday (hopefully with better luck than last time).

I think dd is doing okay but the food situation sounds bad. Very limited selection, long lines, and they run out of food. So I want to make sure she gets some good meals. If any ATL peeps want to weigh in, that would be great.

My current plan is Atlanta Breakfast Club Saturday followed by a trip to Lenox Square. Dinner at the Ritz Carlton. Then a late breakfast at the Ritz Carlton on Sunday and a trip to the Yard Milkshake bar. We'll do an early dinner (Sunday is her birthday) before I head to the airport. I know she has at least one test the following week so I'm making sure she has time to herself to study or relax.

Well poop. I had lowered that limit to 2K and I don't want to risk a hard pull for an increase.

I could give the CIU one more try maybe since I haven't applied for anything since May. They just don't like my apps for some reason.
Do you have credit on another Biz card that you could move around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter