I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporting back to say that SW is also sending my nephew a $150 voucher. I am happy with $300 total in vouchers for 2 tix I booked with RR points. It would be an interesting DP to see if they offer any compensation to a CP traveler but I am not willing to ask.
DS got a travel voucher when our flight was canceled to MCO and we ended up driving from Tampa. I would definitely do it.

Reporting back to say that SW is also sending my nephew a $150 voucher. I am happy with $300 total in vouchers for 2 tix I booked with RR points. It would be an interesting DP to see if they offer any compensation to a CP traveler but I am not willing to ask.

On several occasions SW has issued our CP traveler a LUV voucher for flight inconveniences. Once it was for a lengthy delay and another time it was for agreeing to switch our party to another flight to accommodate their open middle seat policy.
What’s really nice is that they will issue these as LUV vouchers, so they aren’t actually tied to an individual’s name. That comes in handy bc the CP traveler usually needs very few SW funds.

I would send an email to customer service from the CP and request compensation for the significant flight change.

On several occasions SW has issued our CP traveler a LUV voucher for flight inconveniences. Once it was for a lengthy delay and another time it was for agreeing to switch our party to another flight to accommodate their open middle seat policy.
What’s really nice is that they will issue these as LUV vouchers, so they aren’t actually tied to an individual’s name. That comes in handy bc the CP traveler usually needs very few SW funds.

I would send an email to customer service from the CP and request compensation for the significant flight change.
Thanks for this info, I will contact them! Like you said, it is really nice having those vouchers.

Hey y'all! Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Pay Yourself Back since the current categories are listed as expiring at the end of the month? Are you hanging on to your URs for travel or cashing out? Personally I'm torn between hanging on to them "just in case" (even though I don't need any URs for any future travel), but on the other hand my home improvement budget could definitely use a cash infusion right now!

Hey y'all! Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Pay Yourself Back since the current categories are listed as expiring at the end of the month? Are you hanging on to your URs for travel or cashing out? Personally I'm torn between hanging on to them "just in case" (even though I don't need any URs for any future travel), but on the other hand my home improvement budget could definitely use a cash infusion right now!
I am waiting to see 1m and then will be cashing out at least 500k of them. I’ll save some for Hyatt transfers.

I have "only" 200k left so I decided to hang onto them for future travel (hope hope hope) I may be REALLY sorry in a few months tho..... I spent about 700k over the past 18 months or so,to buy home reno items,stock up groceries,and pay my mortgage down (almost done!woohoo) ,but I'm hesitating on that last chunk of points....just now thinking maybe I should use another 100k on my mortgage but I'm ready to have some fun with my UR!

I'm holding on to mine for Hyatt transfers. I cashed out 800k last year and kind of regretted it when I got Hyatt Globalist. Plus now DH isn't getting approved with Chase so I'd rather have the points there in case I need them. We have a trip planned to Dreams Punta Cana next spring break so I'd like the points to be available when Hyatt takes over those properties at the end of the year. While the cash was nice, I play this game for travel so right now I'd rather have the points. Although, I will continue to cash out MR, but only because I don't really have a good use for those.

I’m thinking about using PYB just to reimburse myself for all the dining charges currently available to use it on even though I’ve already paid for them all, just to lessen the blow of the AF coming up on Nov 1. Is chase good with me leaving my CSR acct at a negative balance through two statement closes? I don’t want them to send me a check, I just want to be less shocked on Nov 1. Lol

I’m thinking about using PYB just to reimburse myself for all the dining charges currently available to use it on even though I’ve already paid for them all, just to lessen the blow of the AF coming up on Nov 1. Is chase good with me leaving my CSR acct at a negative balance through two statement closes? I don’t want them to send me a check, I just want to be less shocked on Nov 1. Lol
I used PYB to cover the AF... but yes, we've had a negative balance on cards for several months.

We’re hanging onto ours just in case. We’re hoping to fly with ANA to Japan in the future so we’re keeping enough for the 3 of us to be it first class. We’ve used a ton already with PYB. It’s hard not to keep using it that way but I want to be hopeful that we’ll get back to Japan soon

Hmm, I have been checking for my $20 credit on my Brilliant. No show.

And, looking at the by the year statement, I didn't get an August credit either.

I will call.

Called and it is a known issue and it will be fixed. May take the 6-8 weeks. My purchases this month qualify.

Got a credit for last month as a courtesy as that one had a weird code.

Was offered the 0%, which I don't have a need or use for, thankfully.

Just wondered if anyone has ever gone to the Travel & Adventure show? Nancy at Miles for Family posted about going to the one by her in Dallas. They sound really fun, but I would have to fly to one. It sounds like it might be a fun weekend trip though, so just curious about them.

Is this the 2 day thing where you go to learn travel tips and credit card stuff from the pros? If so, older DD went in DC a couple of years back pre-C and it was 'okay' for the $75 (I think) it cost her but she didn't learn anything she didn't already know, and the big names weren't really the headliners. She found it kind of boring. Wouldn't go again. The big plus was getting some free time away from kids for herself.

I had over a million UR:s. I mostly in the past have used them for cruises and some flights/hotels with my CSR. I have been cashing some of them in for Disney Gift Cards and Carnival Cruise Gift Cards. Can't book Disney with Chase. I can book Carnival with Chase, but this way I still get the discount but can book directly with Carnival instead of Chase. I still have about 700,000 left. May get a few more - haven't decided yet.

We’re hanging onto ours just in case. We’re hoping to fly with ANA to Japan in the future so we’re keeping enough for the 3 of us to be it first class. We’ve used a ton already with PYB. It’s hard not to keep using it that way but I want to be hopeful that we’ll get back to Japan soon
I've been researching ways to get the 4 of us in business class, but I don't think that will be possible on ANA. The most I'm seeing is 1 ticket available (looking via United), even when I try on the ANA site all I'm seeing is 1 available business seat. Hopefully things will get better once Japan opens up 🤞 ... we aren't going until summer 2023.

I am seeing good JAL Business availability through AA, but that's 60K miles each way. We'll only have enough AA miles for one-way business.

I've been researching ways to get the 4 of us in business class, but I don't think that will be possible on ANA. The most I'm seeing is 1 ticket available (looking via United), even when I try on the ANA site all I'm seeing is 1 available business seat. Hopefully things will get better once Japan opens up 🤞 ... we aren't going until summer 2023.

I am seeing good JAL Business availability through AA, but that's 60K miles each way. We'll only have enough AA miles for one-way business.
We went in 2019 so I’m not sure what it’s like now to book. I’m sure everything is way different. Ds is only 16 months and I don’t think we would go until he’s at least 5 so it’ll be awhile until we can go and I’m sure things will be so different

I had over a million UR:s. I mostly in the past have used them for cruises and some flights/hotels with my CSR. I have been cashing some of them in for Disney Gift Cards and Carnival Cruise Gift Cards. Can't book Disney with Chase. I can book Carnival with Chase, but this way I still get the discount but can book directly with Carnival instead of Chase. I still have about 700,000 left. May get a few more - haven't decided yet.
I will actually have over a million once we meet spend on P2's new CIC! Now, if I could actually travel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter