• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I previously had 3 open (so this is the 4th one I have open right now).

Of the 3 I already had open, 1 of them was formerly a CIP and the others were opened AS CICs.

I'm sorry if that sounds confusing. Did that answer the question? :crazy2: Sorry, it's been a day!
How long to you have to wait to get the bonus again on the Chase business cards?

I know Marriott cards have weird rules. I’ve got the AMEX Bonvoy Biz card. I *think* I’ve read that having that excludes me from getting a SUB on another Marriott card, even if it’s a Chase card. Is that accurate?

that gives me hope! I’ve got 2 and would love a 3rd after I get my SW companion pass in early 2022.

I have the Amex Bonvoy biz too, was just looking at this today. You can get a Chase Bonvoy if you got the Bonvoy biz SUB at least 24 months ago and the Bonvoy biz wasn't opened in the last 90 days. I think it's okay to still hold the card.

Super weird rules. I always have to use one of the charts to figure it out.

https://frequentmiler.com/marriott-card-eligible/

I know Marriott cards have weird rules. I’ve got the AMEX Bonvoy Biz card. I *think* I’ve read that having that excludes me from getting a SUB on another Marriott card, even if it’s a Chase card. Is that accurate?

Pretty close to accurate. Yes having an AmEx Marriott could prevent you from getting a bonus on the Chase Marriott card and vice versa depending on when you opened it or received the bonus.

If you have an AmEx Marriott you can get the other AmEx one and hold both the personal and biz version.

Chase is a little more stingy and you can get only one of current cards, Boundless or Bold.

What gets complex is holding or having earned the bonus on an AmEx and wanting a Chase and vice versa.

If you want the Chase Boundless and have the AmEx Biz, then you aren't eligible for the bonus if you received the AmEx bonus in the last 24 months or if you just opened it in the last 90 days.

Excerpts from the offer details on the Chase page -
Eligibility for the new cardmember bonus: Thebonus is not available to you if you:
  • are a current or previous cardmember of either Marriott Bonvoy Business™American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card), and received a new cardmember bonus or upgrade bonus in the last 24 months; or
  • applied and were approved for Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express®Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express®Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card) within the last 90 days.
Here's one of the visual eligibility charts some blogs developed to understand the walls of text that are the card/bonus offers:

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/eligibility-chart-marriott-bonvoy-cards/

I have the Amex Bonvoy biz too, was just looking at this today. You can get a Chase Bonvoy if you got the Bonvoy biz SUB at least 24 months ago and the Bonvoy biz wasn't opened in the last 90 days. I think it's okay to still hold the card.

Super weird rules. I always have to use one of the charts to figure it out.

https://frequentmiler.com/marriott-card-eligible/
I have the Amex Biz and Chase Personal cards. Had to wait 24 months from Biz bonus. so you can hold both, get 30 nights (15 for each card) and 2 FNCs.

Is Chase PYB totally going away on 9/30? Any news of another extension?

on the Amex side, I have one wireless credit for a charge on the 10th. The other three from Sept 1,2,3 still have no credits :sad1:

What happens if I PYB more than I owe? My current balance is only about $200, but I have about $800 in transactions I could do PYB on. Could I get a check? Or will it just be a negative balance until I spend it?

I started this hobby exactly 1 year ago today with the CFF! As a P1 only, this hobby has already earned me 130K RR points and a CP, 5 Bonvoy FNCs (50K value) plus 23K points, and 230K URs. I am very happy with my results so far. I already used RR and CP for 3 tix to Orlando, and we will also fly to Disneyland in a few weeks. I got my GE pass free with CSR. Thanks to everyone who has helped along the way!

I am now 4/24 plus 1 business card in 12 months. Most recently, I did the CSP/CSR MDD on June 30. So I am coming up on the 3 month mark. I would like to get a new card so I can pay my property taxes toward MSR. Do I need to wait longer than 3 months for my next application since I did the MDD last time? Should I apply for a business card this time instead?
FWIW my only Chase denial was for a biz card several months after a MDD. Have all your cards been with Chase, so 5/12? You can get a biz card from another bank if you want to space things out more, and stay 4/24 for future Chase apps.

Just booked flight to MCO for Princess 10k. The only return flight is Sunday at 7pm. Not sure if I should book that or use JetBlue. Nervous about JetBlue cancelling our flight like they did in Dec.
There's no guarantee that SW won't move/cancel flights either. I'm trying not to think about that. If you have SW points, and you don't mind the time, I would book it. Hopefully the situation will be improved by 2022.

I glanced through this email this morning. Looks like I get to keep my Diamond status another year and can hold off app'ing P2 for Aspire. Still hoping for an upgrade offer on one of our Surpasses. I canceled my Aspire 4/2020 and have held my status via extensions.
me too! no upgrade offers and don't need p2 to get a card. love hilton

Booked 3 trips with Southwest's schedule release this morning. I didn't book anything for Spring Break, but did for Easter. We did that SW promo for 2 CP in Jan/Feb. I've never had 2. Can you book the 2 CP holders together on one flight? I assume the other 2 CP recipients would be booked separately, then, so a total of 3 confirmation numbers?

I started this hobby exactly 1 year ago today with the CFF! As a P1 only, this hobby has already earned me 130K RR points and a CP, 5 Bonvoy FNCs (50K value) plus 23K points, and 230K URs. I am very happy with my results so far. I already used RR and CP for 3 tix to Orlando, and we will also fly to Disneyland in a few weeks. I got my GE pass free with CSR. Thanks to everyone who has helped along the way!

I am now 4/24 plus 1 business card in 12 months. Most recently, I did the CSP/CSR MDD on June 30. So I am coming up on the 3 month mark. I would like to get a new card so I can pay my property taxes toward MSR. Do I need to wait longer than 3 months for my next application since I did the MDD last time? Should I apply for a business card this time instead?
FWIW my only Chase denial was for a biz card several months after a MDD. Have all your cards been with Chase, so 5/12? You can get a biz card from another bank if you want to space things out more, and stay 4/24 for future Chase apps.

@djmeredith Congrats on the great first year! So you'll need to decide if you want to stay under 5/24 or blow past it. If your goal is to stay under 5/24, you definitely want a biz card. I agree with @happ, a biz card from another bank is probably the way to go. Amex is great about granting biz cards and I think you can get access to the cc number right away, often.
One thing to keep in mind, and this is a very important rule- is that Chase will not approve you for a biz card if you are 5/24 or over. So your only chance to get a chase biz card is by staying under 5/24.

While trying to book flights the southwest website completely pooped the bed. Can't login on any account on any device.
Same. I finally got one flight to go through but now I can't get my other one. Also there are practically no direct flights from my closest airport anymore, there used to be at least two per day. I guess that's just the times were living in.

Same. I finally got one flight to go through but now I can't get my other one. Also there are practically no direct flights from my closest airport anymore, there used to be at least two per day. I guess that's just the times were living in.
Nothing here as well. I guess I'll be trying all day until they fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter