I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally scored the PS5 today via Direct invite from Sony for DS for one XMas later. Now to book our Christmas cruise. We decided to go for it- the Explorer of the Seas. I am still debating whether to do a suite for $3300. That seems ridiculously low.

And I think Puggles is trying to kill me now that he is back to himself. His Yorkie friends came calling for him so I let him out he took off like a bullet! We are both exhausted now.
Congrats! Crazy how long it's taken. I finally got an XBox last month. My boys didn't care if it was an X or S. So I've got one Christmas present for them. I was able to get two, so I gave my nephew a little savings and sold one to him for $250. I still have $650 of XBox credit from AmEx Dell credit. I'm hoping I can get a few more and I'll just sell them.

Congrats! Crazy how long it's taken. I finally got an XBox last month. My boys didn't care if it was an X or S. So I've got one Christmas present for them. I was able to get two, so I gave my nephew a little savings and sold one to him for $250. I still have $650 of XBox credit from AmEx Dell credit. I'm hoping I can get a few more and I'll just sell them.
Nice! He is an XBox One and 360 collecting dust. His friends has the PS and they play online constantly together. I guess I should be glad it is mainly NBA2K and Madden.

What card did she get it on, with or without support? I got the pop-up recently on the BBP with support, but then was able to get the BBP targeted 50k offer. I want the Brilliant before the elevated offer expires, so really hope the spend for the MSR will get me back in Amex's good graces! 🤞

Amex Everyday card with and without support. Just trying to grab her that card so that if she does not get a retention offer she can ditch the platinum in December but that plan seems to be derailed. I guess I can have her put some more spend on it.

I used to get on this board a lot, you all helped me start traveling on CC points a handful of years ago. I'm still quietly at it :) Have a questions for the experts, I know I've seen discussion on here in the past about children having TSA pre-check. DD is newly 13. We just booked a last minute trip for Halloween. I have AA points that I need to use, so planning to fly. DH and I have TSA precheck. I know 13 yo's can't go through on the parents. Looking into it and it seems she would need some form of ID, which she doesn't have. I started looking into getting a state ID but it appears to be a whole thing and I don't know that we have time to do that and time for the precheck process. Hmmm :( Any suggestions? I mean kids don't have to show any paperwork to fly, how do they know she's 13 and not 12? :rolleyes1

I used to get on this board a lot, you all helped me start traveling on CC points a handful of years ago. I'm still quietly at it :) Have a questions for the experts, I know I've seen discussion on here in the past about children having TSA pre-check. DD is newly 13. We just booked a last minute trip for Halloween. I have AA points that I need to use, so planning to fly. DH and I have TSA precheck. I know 13 yo's can't go through on the parents. Looking into it and it seems she would need some form of ID, which she doesn't have. I started looking into getting a state ID but it appears to be a whole thing and I don't know that we have time to do that and time for the precheck process. Hmmm :( Any suggestions? I mean kids don't have to show any paperwork to fly, how do they know she's 13 and not 12? :rolleyes1
I’ve had TSA agents ask out girls name and age, so as long as your DD says she’s 12 it shouldn’t be a problem and her pass might have TSA precheck. But why not get her pre-check? Should be a simple process at Staples.

Amex Everyday card with and without support. Just trying to grab her that card so that if she does not get a retention offer she can ditch the platinum in December but that plan seems to be derailed. I guess I can have her put some more spend on it.

She can actually try for retention already (assuming she didn't get one last year). Some have been getting them early. Best I've seen lately is 55-60k MR for $4000 spend.

If she's open to business cards, a BBP will also hold her MRs with no AF. As a last resort, she could also get the card with no SUB, but you'd still get the support.

I had trouble finding it too. Try the Help, search Paypal Key, under the "How do I set up Paypal Key" result, there should be a link.

When I try it it makes it sound like it's coming soon??? I've never tried it before but I was hoping to set it up. I'll have to see if it works on DH's account.

I’ve had TSA agents ask out girls name and age, so as long as your DD says she’s 12 it shouldn’t be a problem and her pass might have TSA precheck. But why not get her pre-check? Should be a simple process at Staples.

I don't mind at all, that was my first plan...but I was running into issues about her needing a photo ID. She doesn't have one, so then I looked into getting a state ID but that seemed difficult for a child as well. And I wasn't sure I had time to do both. I wasn't sure if anyone had experience with precheck with a child with no photo id.

I don't mind at all, that was my first plan...but I was running into issues about her needing a photo ID. She doesn't have one, so then I looked into getting a state ID but that seemed difficult for a child as well. And I wasn't sure I had time to do both. I wasn't sure if anyone had experience with precheck with a child with no photo id.
Does she have a passport?

I don’t think you have time. It needs to be a passport or state identification card. AND the card can’t be a temporary card it needs to be the actual physical card. (We ran into that issue when my oldest turned 13). So between waiting for that and then the TSA to issue a number a month is cutting it close.

Calypso, or to any other Hyatt pros:

Is the suite upgrade good for any available suite on the website? I would do a dummy points booking to check, but I don't have enough points for me to even try unless I cancel my other Hawaii booking. I see 2BD suites available for cash, but only 1KG or 2QN bedrooms available on points (specifically at the Grand Hyatt Kauai). DH just got Globalist this year and we haven't tried a suite upgrade anywhere since there were no suites available for the trips I was planning at the time.

Has to be a standard suite. Send the reservation number to your concierge person and request a suite upgrade,

No personal experience, but it sounds like if you're on the same reservation, it's more likely than not that they'll have precheck on their boarding pass.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/frequent...y-family-can-they-also-use-tsa-precheckr-lane

If these are both RT flights then yes. If they are two one ways then no. Also be sure to check out the plane and seat map with Emirates. Not all of their planes have the shower if you want that experience. Not all have the new first class suites. I am linking 4 blog posts below that also provide some good information. If I didn't have a ton of points alrady in my Emirates account from a canceled trip in late 2020, I'd be using these blog posts as a refresher and to give me some ideas and options on my flights.

Clicky here

Clicky here

Clicky here

Clicky here

Hope this helps :flower3:

Thank you for the links! I'll study them! Those are only one way flights. I'll have to see if the plane has the shower experience! lol!

We did the AmEx AU offer from DH's Plat and got DS the free gold card for 20,000 points. I just got the same offer in the snail mail to add an AU for 20,000 points. Can I add DS even though he's already an AU on another AmEx gold card?

We did the AmEx AU offer from DH's Plat and got DS the free gold card for 20,000 points. I just got the same offer in the snail mail to add an AU for 20,000 points. Can I add DS even though he's already an AU on another AmEx gold card?

Is the mailed offer to add an AU to your plat? If so, I don't see why not. But if it's an offer to add it to your DH's plat (assuming he only has 1 plat), then I think it's just the same offer sent a different way.

I'm full of questions today - I've always paid our cell phone bill with the CIC to get the 5x points. I'm thinking about switching to AmEx plat. For the coverage to be in active, does it matter if the phone bill is in DH's name and I use my Plat to pay the bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter