I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just tried using my paypal key for the first time and it got declined? so weird. its for my sons school pictures and the website didnt even ask for the security code, maybe thats why? its not a big deal but was hoping to start getting the 5% for payal on my CFF. am i doing something wrong?

Last edited:
I need a retention offer on my Amex Business Platinum (anniversary is in December) before I buy my new couches. Trying to hold off on new cards until the beginning of the year to go for a SW CP. Already spent $1600 on Paypal today so more than halfway done with maxing out CF quarterly categories. Maybe I'll give them a call.

Chat usually works too. On the biz plat, I'd aim for $595 credit, no spend. I got that about a month ago. Don't think I've seen anything better. Good luck!

Ugh - apparently BOA's systems are down today. Yesterday I applied and was instantly approved for the Amtrak MC - we don't use Amtrak often, but DD is doing the DCP in the spring and wants to bring her car, so instead of a 2 day drive from CT, I'm planning on driving to Lorton, VA and taking the autotrain the rest of the way. Got my temporary card info upon approval so I could start working toward my MSR, but charges won't go through! So frustrating!

Just an FYI, I used a MCGC from Staples at Costco yesterday in store. If it runs as a debit and you use a pin our store will take MC. Our store is about 2 years old so maybe that has something to do with it? But it did work for me.
I just tested my MCGC from Staples at my Costco and it worked great - just like you said!! I swiped it and entered the last 4 digits as the PIN. I am psyched that this works!

Ugh - apparently BOA's systems are down today. Yesterday I applied and was instantly approved for the Amtrak MC - we don't use Amtrak often, but DD is doing the DCP in the spring and wants to bring her car, so instead of a 2 day drive from CT, I'm planning on driving to Lorton, VA and taking the autotrain the rest of the way. Got my temporary card info upon approval so I could start working toward my MSR, but charges won't go through! So frustrating!

Just an FYI - BOA does offers similar to the Chase offers. I closed my card and I will app for the no fee one later on to keep my points alive, but the offers actually helped to offset the annual fee.

Also, they've run a couple of buy one get one specials on the 'people' part of the trip recently. Keep an eye open and you might get a deal.

Sooo...any datapoints on Walmart gift cards qualifying fo 5x bonus on Walmart.com? I sure
would like to use them at Sam's Club.

I have edited this post a couple of times this evening as I decided on and then applied for a new card. lol

You guys recently recommended I get a non-Chase bus card next. I am happy to report that I decided to go for the Am Ex Hilton bus and got instant approval! This is my first Am Ex card ever. I was able to get the instant access to my card number, but is there a way to expedite the physical card?

Last edited:
I love it! Haven’t had it long but I got the compact aluminum and it’s great because it still fits a ton but is noticeably smaller (less likely to get pulled at gate when space is tight) and it opens partially to be able to take things out.

The aluminum ones are gorgeous. I was thinking about the polycarbonate because it's so much lighter. What's really stopped me is that they are all technically too wide (even the smallest one) for domestic carriers. I wouldn't want to have to gate check it.

I have edited this post a couple of times this evening as I decided on and then applied for a new card. lol

You guys recently recommended I get a non-Chase bus card next. I am happy to report that I decided to go for the Am Ex Hilton bus and got instant approval! This is my first Am Ex card ever. I was able to get the instant access to my card number, but is there a way to expedite the physical card?

Congrats! I think Amex doesn't expedite unless it's a premium card that's automatically expedited.

The aluminum ones are gorgeous. I was thinking about the polycarbonate because it's so much lighter. What's really stopped me is that they are all technically too wide (even the smallest one) for domestic carriers. I wouldn't want to have to gate check it.
Totally agree about not wanting to gate check. The compact is pretty low profile so looks much smaller than other bags. I'd be pretty surprised if someone tried to measure it. It's 16 x 16 x 9; I fly mostly SWA and BA, and it meets their carry on size. But you are right about the aluminum weight. It gets heavy to lift up. But I love the look so ... :)

Speaking of BOA, I have the Alaska Biz card that I don't use. Is there any reason I should keep it aside from the yearly companion ticket?

Speaking of BOA, I have the Alaska Biz card that I don't use. Is there any reason I should keep it aside from the yearly companion ticket?

If you don't plan to fly them and need the free bags, probably not. I always have biz or personal so I have free bags for when I fly, but I generally fly them or DL domestically. And you can keep any miles active with their shopping portal, though I'm not positive if hey expire or not. Neither AS card is a good point earner outside of AS charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter