I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-PYB I booked plenty of car rentals through Chase. I pretty much stick with National (CSR = Exec Elite status + spouse is free add'l driver) and sometimes Enterprise. I've never had an issue. I booked and canceled plenty of reservations and always got points back right away, never had to stop at the counter and I still get rental credits (I believe with National 5 rentals = 1 free day). I book via cash now and then PYB, but should that end I would go back to booking cars via Chase.

am also a believer in National!
found it weird that u cant match national with enterprise though, although same company. but had to do national --> hertz --> enterprise... :|

Biz plat add employee card get 20k for spending $4000.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targ...oyee-card-earn-20k-points-up-to-99-employees/
I saw it on DH's card, but I'm already an AU on it.

@platamama if it's on your new biz plat, I wonder if you can triple stack. 🤔
Awesome!! Thanks for the tag! 🥰 I had seen it mentioned on r/churning but I didn't have an email like the person on reddit did, and figured I'd wait and see if it would come to me eventually. But that DoC link worked and I just added two green employee cards. Woot!!

So I about had a heart attack when I finished adding two green ($0 AF) employee cards because the screen said one of them was a platinum (AF of $300), and I called right away. Seems like there's a glitch of some sort on their end because I did indeed add two greens per their system that they could see. Phew. The rep said I have an open invitation to apply for the BBP and get 50K/$15K/12 mo. MSR with a bonus to add an employee card for 10K/$1K spend within 3 months. I found it interesting that the rep was talking like I didn't already have a BBP (because I do), so I don't understand what exactly they do see on their end? Anyhow I played dumb and said I would think about it. Too chicken to ask about if it was NLL lol.

Booked the NCL Prima for 2023! I'm such a sucker for new ships lol. Goes from Southampton to Bruges, Amsterdam, Norway, Iceland, and ends in Reykjavík. There are 2 ports in Iceland that we didn't get to on our land trip, so that's perfect.

I was able to get the Amex plat cruise perks added to my booking. It's $200 OBC for balcony and dinner for 2 at Le Bistro. First time using the program since I didn't know how it worked before. You don't have to book with Amex Travel, a TA that's part of the program can do it too. On Cruise Compete, I saw that the agency I was going to book with anyways listed that as something they can do. From what I gathered on the Cruise Critic forum, the entire amount needs to be paid with Amex, but not necessarily a plat. Not too sure about the deposit, I did end up putting it on a plat.

Amazing. What time of year is the cruise? What ports in Iceland will you get to? Super jealous.

Amazing. What time of year is the cruise? What ports in Iceland will you get to? Super jealous.

Late June. Hope the seas won't be too rough! Ports in Iceland are Akureyri and Ísafjörður. Looks like the top activity in Ísafjörður is to Vigur Island to see puffins, the kids will love that.

Pre-cruise thinking we'll go to Paris, DLP, and Provence before taking the train to London for a few days. I'm excited! Even though it's almost 2 years away lol. Hope things will be normal by then!

Late June. Hope the seas won't be too rough! Ports in Iceland are Akureyri and Ísafjörður. Looks like the top activity in Ísafjörður is to Vigur Island to see puffins, the kids will love that.

Pre-cruise thinking we'll go to Paris, DLP, and Provence before taking the train to London for a few days. I'm excited! Even though it's almost 2 years away lol. Hope things will be normal by then!

I looked at that one. Awesome itinerary! Our 2020 cancelled trip was going to several of those ports, and we had added on a few days in Paris afterwards. I really hope this works out for you. :)

I haven’t booked anything for Spring Break 2022 bc everything seems so uncertain again. So planning for 2023 sounds heavenly, and maybe even more enjoyable???

I can’t recall the ages of your kiddos, and I think they’ve been to London and Paris before? We loved, loved the train and wish we could travel that way more often- so much more relaxing. We did THATMuse Treasure Hunts for the Louvre and a street Harry Potter hunt. It really got the kids involved in the Louvre in a way they wouldn’t have otherwise, and they are pretty self guided after the initial meet-up.

We also like some of the London Walks walks. We did biscuit decorating in Notting Hill (fun, but hard not to take the icing out of my kids hands and do it “right” 😂😬) and strolled around the street market. My daughter got a beret in London and wore it all over London, when we’d just come from Paris 🤣 At nine she probably didn’t want to be so cliche. 😂

I haven’t booked anything for Spring Break 2022 bc everything seems so uncertain again. So planning for 2023 sounds heavenly, and maybe even more enjoyable???

I can’t recall the ages of your kiddos, and I think they’ve been to London and Paris before? We loved, loved the train and wish we could travel that way more often- so much more relaxing. We did THATMuse Treasure Hunts for the Louvre and a street Harry Potter hunt. It really got the kids involved in the Louvre in a way they wouldn’t have otherwise, and they are pretty self guided after the initial meet-up.

We also like some of the London Walks walks. We did biscuit decorating in Notting Hill (fun, but hard not to take the icing out of my kids hands and do it “right” 😂😬) and strolled around the street market. My daughter got a beret in London and wore it all over London, when we’d just come from Paris 🤣 At nine she probably didn’t want to be so cliche. 😂

The kids will be 11 and 14 by the time of the trip. We did London for a week before a Med cruise out of Barcelona a few years ago. They've asked to go back. I wish they were more Harry Potter fans or I'd totally do the hunt. I guess I'm the biggest fan in the family. We did do the studio tour last time and DH and I saw Cursed Child (my mom came with us and babysat). Seeing it in London felt magical, even with the cramped seats lol.

I've been to Paris before, twice as a kid and once as a young adult on a not-so-great budget group tour. DH and the kids have never been. I remember being impressed by Fountainbleu as a kid. And the Mona Lisa being very small with a crowd of people in front lol. Thanks for the rec for THATMuse, I was looking at doing something like that for the Louvre. Putting it on my list. :)

In case you haven’t been following along… if you ever got a biz plat (likely NLL offer) via calling in to a rep named Adam, cash out your MRs and prepare for shutdown.

I’d be surprised if this affects many (any?) people here. Currently this is only Adam’s call-in customers and no other Amex reps.

A month or so ago, someone asked about the current state of cruising. We just returned from a 7 day RCCL Caribbean cruise on the Allure.
Negative rapid tests for all, before boarding, except kids who needed a negative PCR test AND a preboard RCCL rapid tests.
Rubber armbands for all vaccinated passengers, and unvaccinated kids were only allowed into certain shows/times/balcony, and NOT allowed off ship at ports other than private island OR on excursions. Their exit computers were programmed to flash red for unvaxed kids.
Stage shows were canceled because cast reportedly tested positive. Couldn’t get into ice show with unvaxed DS. Zip line was down early, but opened later. Water show was on early, but down later.
But we still stayed plenty busy, and couldn’t fit everything in. And best of all, the crowd was at 30%! I felt they did a GREAT job of keeping passengers safe. I even met a guy working the onboard rapid test lab. Staff is tested at least weekly.
The waitstaff was at 80%, however because EVERYTHING at the buffet is currently being served by hand. Worked real well, and I preferred it. We booked again while onboard. DS got another rapid test onboard before departure day.

Question...has anyone here stayed at Hilton Palace next to Disney Springs on points? I'm pretty sure no fees b/c I booked on points, but I'll still have to pay for parking (hoping we get our rental as planned) right? And if we're Gold, do they give us a food credit x2 daily? I've never used that feature,and curious about the food credit esp. (my DH highly values free food lol)
I stayed there in April of this year on points and was not charged for resort fees, I’m not sure about parking since we didn’t have a car but it is considered a resort so you can use the Hilton resort credit there if you have the Aspire. I’m Diamond so we received $30/day food credit that we could use for the breakfast buffet or at their grab-n-go market. I’m sure you could call to see if they offer that for Gold members too. Getting free food is always awesome!

We enjoyed our stay there. Not fancy, but the lazy river is fun and it’s such a great location for Disney Springs. I’d definitely stay there again!

In case you haven’t been following along… if you ever got a biz plat (likely NLL offer) via calling in to a rep named Adam, cash out your MRs and prepare for shutdown.

I’d be surprised if this affects many (any?) people here. Currently this is only Adam’s call-in customers and no other Amex reps.

Oh gosh, I imagine that will be a lot of people on Reddit? I remember when this was popular.

Oh man, I didn't know I needed a column in my spreadsheet for the name of the AmEx rep. Ive got no idea who I called.

ETA - nevermind. I don't think I ever called in for a Biz Plat, only the personal.

Is your main reason for not using the Chase travel portal for changes / cancellations? I've used it a lot to book our rental cars, but I always use points. The rates I've booked have always had free cancellation and when I've found a lower rate, I just rebook and then cancel the first reservation. I do have to have enough points to at least temporarily have both bookings, but otherwise, I've never run into problems doing it that way.
I always check autoslash as well and have never really found anything cheaper than what I'm booking with my URs so I've always stuck with that. I didn't know they could search Costco rates, so that's definitely good to know for the future.
I have seen a lot of posts from people on other boards about having issues with Expedia and other third parties when things happen. It may be an issue by vendor but I've seen enough reports of people where the rental company tells them any changes have to be made by the 3rd party.
Pre-PYB I booked plenty of car rentals through Chase. I pretty much stick with National (CSR = Exec Elite status + spouse is free add'l driver) and sometimes Enterprise. I've never had an issue. I booked and canceled plenty of reservations and always got points back right away, never had to stop at the counter and I still get rental credits (I believe with National 5 rentals = 1 free day). I book via cash now and then PYB, but should that end I would go back to booking cars via Chase.
Maybe it's an issue by company, I was told that I couldn't attach the rental to my account for two different companies because it was a third party booking. I also feel I can get better value for my UR by transferring to other programs than I can using the travel portal. Everytime I've looked at the travel portal and compared it to the Autoslash rates, I've been getting at best 1.1cpp.

A month or so ago, someone asked about the current state of cruising. We just returned from a 7 day RCCL Caribbean cruise on the Allure.
Negative rapid tests for all, before boarding, except kids who needed a negative PCR test AND a preboard RCCL rapid tests.
Rubber armbands for all vaccinated passengers, and unvaccinated kids were only allowed into certain shows/times/balcony, and NOT allowed off ship at ports other than private island OR on excursions. Their exit computers were programmed to flash red for unvaxed kids.
Stage shows were canceled because cast reportedly tested positive. Couldn’t get into ice show with unvaxed DS. Zip line was down early, but opened later. Water show was on early, but down later.
But we still stayed plenty busy, and couldn’t fit everything in. And best of all, the crowd was at 30%! I felt they did a GREAT job of keeping passengers safe. I even met a guy working the onboard rapid test lab. Staff is tested at least weekly.
The waitstaff was at 80%, however because EVERYTHING at the buffet is currently being served by hand. Worked real well, and I preferred it. We booked again while onboard. DS got another rapid test onboard before departure day.

Thanks for the report. We have an 8 day booked leaving October 30th. I'll feel much better after our rapid tests come back negative! I was going to call around today and make sure they are not having any shortages on tests locally. Still tossing around the idea of buying one of those proctored tests so we will for sure have one available when we need it.

I definitely did a call in for some link that was pointed out on DOC......I feel like this could have been Adam....oh boy. That card is now closed but not sure if I should try and move some of my 335k MR points.

Ditto, thanks for this report! It was probably me who asked, and I'm glad to hear it went well! Our cruise isn't until first week of January, so I am watching and listening of how everyone's is going to get an idea.

I stayed there in April of this year on points and was not charged for resort fees, I’m not sure about parking since we didn’t have a car but it is considered a resort so you can use the Hilton resort credit there if you have the Aspire. I’m Diamond so we received $30/day food credit that we could use for the breakfast buffet or at their grab-n-go market. I’m sure you could call to see if they offer that for Gold members too. Getting free food is always awesome!

We enjoyed our stay there. Not fancy, but the lazy river is fun and it’s such a great location for Disney Springs. I’d definitely stay there again!
awesome, thanks! I read on the generic Hilton website that Gold qualifies for upgraded room and a food credit..... I guess I'll find out! (can't wait)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter