I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I edited my post but to be honest the more I read the DOC comments the more confused I get. Lol. I think I’ll wait a bit to figure it out. Maybe it’s too late in the day but the PayPal thing makes zero sense to me.
Yes, confusing indeed. Doesn't help that in the DOC verdict - it states that Paypal will be most peoples top spend category. Hopefully that will be amended. (It now has been)

I have gone through the Chase FAQs and I cannot see that Paypal stands alone as a category for this top spend bonus. As always, I am more than happy to be corrected by those more knowledgable.
You can use the QR code in the PayPal app to make purchases at CVS. I have my CFF linked to my PayPal QR code. Therefore, it appears from the Chase FAQ, that if I use PayPal at CVS I will earn 9% on those purchases. Pretty easy to max out $1500 at CVS. Especially when I have to buy Disneyland tickets in a couple of weeks :thumbsup2

I just went ahead and opened my Kabbage checking acct. I tried to link my Chase checking acct. to transfer money and it is says ineligible to sent up transfer. Anyone else have this issue?

Ugh. I hate calling. I guess I can try another acct. but I have those earmarked for certain things and don’t like messing with them.

There are a few Happy Cards I’d like buy to take advantage of the Amex offers.
Two of them say online exchange required. Has anyone done this? One is Dave and Busters. Do I just log on to Dave and Busters and swap out the happy card for Dave and busters?
I don’t want to get them and have a hard time redeeming them.

So, after ranting....I grabbed the mail yesterday (before hockey) but didn't check it. When I got home from hockey, I saw the thick unmarked envelope. Yup, there was my CIC. DOH! I did stop at the Staples by school and grabbed $1k! So there's $1k of my spend met. I guess I'm going to try to pay my winter taxes this way. I am going to see how much they are going to run me and get that part of my spend out of the way. The card still isn't showing up in my Chase acct though. Any ideas?

Oh and yesterday my FB memories was getting my CSR 5 years ago, LOL. I need to check if I can get a retention offer this year. Otherwise I'm gonna close it, and work on the MDD at some point. Right now my Chase strategy is the INK cards until I'm ready to jump at the MDD. I'll just need to cancel my peleton membership. Or use my mom's CSP for a few months, LOL.

The Freedom Flex card is adding a top spend category to their 4th quarter. Top spend is for the following categories:

Travel (including Transit), Dining, Home Improvement Stores, Grocery Stores (not including Target and Walmart purchases), Drugstores, Gas Stations, Select Live Entertainment, Select Streaming Services, Fitness Clubs.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chas...-category-or-9-on-paypal-up-to-1500-in-spend/
Has anyone actually seen this on their CFF? If so, where did you find it?

There are a few Happy Cards I’d like buy to take advantage of the Amex offers.
Two of them say online exchange required. Has anyone done this? One is Dave and Busters. Do I just log on to Dave and Busters and swap out the happy card for Dave and busters?
I don’t want to get them and have a hard time redeeming them.
Yes- I did this for the Happy Card that allows an online redemption for a Lowe’s gift card. The process was simple. It was a while ago, but if I remember correctly you log into the site the Happy Gift Card directs you to, and you choose the vendor you want the gift card from that is one of the available options. Then you get emailed a gift card to be redeemed at the vendor. It worked out perfectly and without a problem.

Noticed this morning SW has changed cc bonuses and added benefits to their cards….
https://creditcards.chase.com/south...&mcvid=33855785482073866244616905763448552609
What a great offer! $12k spend and one referral and you would have enough for a CP from only one card. Great timing for those looking to get CP next year. Hopefully it shows up via referrals in the next few days.
According to the FAQs it will automatically be applied when you register for the normal quarterly categories. https://creditcards.chase.com/freedom-credit-cards/flexfaq/topspendoffer

I do not see it yet. Can anyone tell me if I am thinking of this wrong? Like I said earlier, the Paypal double dip thing is confusing me. Am I wrong in interpreting it as $1500 max with Walmart/ Paypal AND $1500 top category? But I am thinking if you double dip the top category with the Paypal then it would only be $1500 max total? So $75+$75=$150 in 2x5% awards vs $135 in 9% awards? So better to max twice vs piggy backing? Or am I just confusing myself more?????

I just went ahead and opened my Kabbage checking acct. I tried to link my Chase checking acct. to transfer money and it is says ineligible to sent up transfer. Anyone else have this issue?

Ugh. I hate calling. I guess I can try another acct. but I have those earmarked for certain things and don’t like messing with them.

I linked my Ally account through Ally rather than through Kabbage, because Kabbage required logging in to my Ally account--no option to send test deposits to verify. I am sure I am just being old here but I don't like the idea of giving another company my login information to my bank accounts.

I did call Kabbage first to ask if there was a way to link the account without logging in and even though the answer was no, the person I talked to was very nice.

I hear they need to be heavy.

If anyone is looking for a good holiday present, I just love, love, love our Always Pan from Our Place. They come in about 10 different colors and it's so pretty we always just leave it on our stovetop. It literally wipes clean with a cloth and I just put it back on the stovetop. I rarely cook with anything else but this one pan anymore.

Just checked and their website says it does work with induction. Amex just had a $20 offer (though mine just expired). Around the holidays I think it can be snagged for about $115, so it's definitely an investment.

I hear they need to be heavy.
I have all clad, staub, mauviel and one or two lodge cast iron, plus a couple of kirkland cast iron with the enamel finish. Actually way more than I need for cooking, considering how little I cook these days.
A quick way to test your pots and pans is to see if a magnet sticks to the bottom. If it sticks, it will work with induction. Since induction creates heat by inducing a magnetic field, you need metals in the pot (usually iron works best) that work with magnets.

I'd love to have an induction stove. A friend showed me how fast water came to a boil on hers, and I was jealous. It takes 20 minutes for my big pot of water to come to a boil on my gas stove.

Thanks for sharing. This is gives me something to ponder today.
If you don't need the CP in the first half of the year, I think this might be a good offer.

We won't need our CP until late June, so I looked at this for a possibility, but that would require 12K in spend and still be 13,000 points short of the CP.

So I'm going to stick with our current plan to apply for 2 Biz cards, $5K spend for 85,000 RRs + 2nd Biz card 63,000 RR. All MSR is $5K + $3K for 148K RRs. Plus, DH will earn the support points from 2 cards.

I do not see it yet. Can anyone tell me if I am thinking of this wrong? Like I said earlier, the Paypal double dip thing is confusing me. Am I wrong in interpreting it as $1500 max with Walmart/ Paypal AND $1500 top category? But I am thinking if you double dip the top category with the Paypal then it would only be $1500 max total? So $75+$75=$150 in 2x5% awards vs $135 in 9% awards? So better to max twice vs piggy backing? Or am I just confusing myself more?????
It's auto activated when you activate Q4 categories, but still unclear if it is for Flex only or also Freedom.

I think maxing twice is the better deal so you get your base 1% twice.

For quarterlies you get your base 1% + your bonus 4% = 5%.
It's the same with this promo, base 1% + bonus 4% = 5%
But, if you're already getting your 1% base on the quarterly category you do not get it a second time so 1% base + 4% quarterly + 4% bonus = 9%.
For that reason, I'd max a non-quarterly category so you get Quarterly: 1% base + 4% quarterly = 5% AND Promo: 1% base + 4% bonus = 5%

Reading the FAQ Drugstore might be a good one to max. 1% base + 2% drugstore + 4% bonus = 7%
https://creditcards.chase.com/freedom-credit-cards/flexfaq/topspendoffer
Assuming this is for Freedom as well I'll max Paypal/Walmart on my Freedom with regular spend, and also use the Freedom for grocery to just over my PP/WM total to ensure it's my top spend category. And if it's not for Freedom maybe I'll consider PC'ing to Flex. With that in mind, any reason to hang on to the Freedom vs PCing it? And, what happens with quarterlies when you PC? Would I be able to get them again on the Flex?

If you don't need the CP in the first half of the year, I think this might be a good offer.

We won't need our CP until late June, so I looked at this for a possibility, but that would require 12K in spend and still be 13,000 points short of the CP.

So I'm going to stick with our current plan to apply for 2 Biz cards, $5K spend for 85,000 RRs + 2nd Biz card 63,000 RR. All MSR is $5K + $3K for 148K RRs. Plus, DH will earn the support points from 2 cards.
Yes, 100% agree. I have to have surgery in January with a large deductible so I will easily hit the spend. Still debating if it’s worth it to put all the spend on 1 card, or divide it between 2 Biz cards. Keeps my brain occupied while working. 😉

Are you DD the biz cards, or waiting 30 days between the applications? I'm getting ready to start with DH's apps soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter