I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SW Performance Business Points Transfer Credit:

10/20: Transferred points FROM child acct TO SW Performance cc holder’s account. Posted 10/23 $60
10/23: $60 credit posted immediately, labeled “credit for pts transfers”
Has anyone read any DPs of the new EBCI credits for the Plus card?

Just wondering if anyone has a good method to track offers available on your various credit cards? I'm trying to get better about using them, but have not figured out a system to keep track of them yet.

I've been trying to log anything I think I might be interested in completing in Evernote so I can access it on my phone or computer, but it's rather tedious trying to either type them all in or copy and paste them in.

I'm also not very good at feeling comfortable that I've gotten the credit after I've used the offer, so I need to get better at tracking that too lol!
I'm behind, so others have prolly answered, but I use CardPointers app, that someone here recommended to me

that should work - wouldn't leave it too close to 12/31 though. Even though my next RC cruise is a year away, I just almost paid it off using two cards. $1000 savings is worth paying a year early!!.
I assume the two cards were from P1 and P2? Because I can't put the same offer on more than one of my cards, right?
Just checking because I could also "earn" another $500 discount, if so.

I use Google Sheets so I can access on my computer and on my phone

Each card's columns are colored so I can easily see at a glance, the far right is so I can note if I used an offer since some are "2 times", etc. Or, in my screenshot the Dropbox offer I have noted that I have it set to be used on my renewal. For some I put the last 4-5 digits in row 2 so I don't get confused. I have the first 2 rows and first column frozen so always visible. I tend to update this every 2 weeks or so, it's not always up to date, but gives me a good idea at least.
View attachment 615218

Then for quarterlies or other spend promos I have another page. I just manually add my spend and pop that in the "used" column and add the date I updated. The sheet figures how much I have left to spend.
View attachment 615222

I set one up pretty much just like this - it is so much more organized than I was with it! I did mine in excel, but I have office 365 through work, so I can also access on computer or phone which makes it super handy.

I'm behind, so others have prolly answered, but I use CardPointers app, that someone here recommended to me

Thanks for the recommendation. Do you pay for the upgraded version? It looks like the free version would work well for keeping track of spend requirements and bonus categories.

Thanks for the recommendation. Do you pay for the upgraded version? It looks like the free version would work well for keeping track of spend requirements and bonus categories.
I just use the free version. You can adjust what you value the points at, so that it will tell you which card is best for a certain category

ETA: It also tracks what benefits for each card are ... like the Cheesecake Factory monthly credit on some Amex cards

Last edited:
Has anyone done multiple PC's of the same card in less than 12 months with Chase? I know you can do at least one PC, but can you do more than one?

Has anyone done multiple PC's of the same card in less than 12 months with Chase? I know you can do at least one PC, but can you do more than one?
I once pc'd a csp to a freedom and then pc'd it back to a csp a few months later. I think it was 2 years ago though. ETA: I actually pc'd it 3 times because I changed it back to a freedom a 2nd time and still have it open.

Thinking about going for a SW CP. Never had it before. Already have flights booked using points with all 4 of us under one confirmation number. How would it work once I get a CP? Can I call to cancel one ticket and rebook under the CP?

You probably saw this already, but DPs on r/churning sound like something changed and some people have been told only 1 PC per year.

I'd be curious to hear if anyone has been able to do it more than once recently too.

You probably saw this already, but DPs on r/churning sound like something changed and some people have been told only 1 PC per year.

I'd be curious to hear if anyone has been able to do it more than once recently too.
Ok, I volunteer to be tribute to the Chase PC games and report back.
Thinking about going for a SW CP. Never had it before. Already have flights booked using points with all 4 of us under one confirmation number. How would it work once I get a CP? Can I call to cancel one ticket and rebook under the CP?
Hmm, I don't think I've ever had all of us under one confirmation number. Does the would-be Companion have a RR account? If so, do you have the option of canceling their ticket when you log into their account? If that's the case, then I'd guess you could just cancel their ticket when you add them as a CP on your account and assign them as your companion for the flight (and then they would get their own confirmation number). I'd guess you would make one of the kiddos your companion, but since you can change your companion three times a calendar year, you can always change your mind.

Ok, I volunteer to be tribute to the Chase PC games and report back.

Hmm, I don't think I've ever had all of us under one confirmation number. Does the would-be Companion have a RR account? If so, do you have the option of canceling their ticket when you log into their account? If that's the case, then I'd guess you could just cancel their ticket when you add them as a CP on your account and assign them as your companion for the flight (and then they would get their own confirmation number). I'd guess you would make one of the kiddos your companion, but since you can change your companion three times a calendar year, you can always change your mind.

LOL. Thank you for your service. 😆

Looks like I can't just cancel one ticket online. I did some more digging and saw that I can contact SW and get it split into different record locators.

Will be booking other tickets before I get the CP. Thinking I'll book DH and DD (9) together, book me and DS (will be 13 soon) separately. CP will be under me. Once I book DS's CP ticket, then I can cancel the other ticket (will book that with points).

I assume the two cards were from P1 and P2? Because I can't put the same offer on more than one of my cards, right?
Just checking because I could also "earn" another $500 discount, if so.

Yes - well actually P2 and P1.5 (AU card on P1 account) - I still have another offer on P1 which I might figure out a way to use before the end of Dec.

Yes, you’ll have to call, but they can cancel one person’s flight over the phone and give you back your points. No way to do that online - as you seem to realize.

For those that have the extra $200 Covid credit on the Platinum that is a benefit you don’t want to go to waste. I just got back from a trip to Universal Orlando using one night with the stacked $400 credit at Portofino Bay. From a standard queen we were upgraded to a bay view balcony. They also allowed us to stay in the same room the whole time (other three nights booked with AP discount). $100 credit for Dinner and a $100 breakfast also paid for. After going to Universal a couple times this year I am a complete convert to their hotels and parks. Sure it isn’t Disney, but for me Disney isn’t Disney anymore.

Last edited:

In maybe June I PC’d DH’s CSR to a Freedom (to apply for CSP). 1-2 months later I PCed the Freedom back to a CSR.

I received the $300 travel credit on the “new” CSR. Doordash ticker shows I’ve already received $60 credit from when it was the old CSR.

Hope this question is Ok here since many use their CC’s for travel. Any recommendations for travel insurance? I’m leaving for Germany next week and will be gone for 2 months. Booked my airfare using United points and taxes went on my United Quest CC. Staying at my daughter’s home so no hotel expenses. Mainly needing coverage for healthcare and medical evacuation back to Houston if needed. My Tricare will reimburse for any health needs but I would have to pay upfront. They also do not cover medical evacuation. I am fully vaccinated and got my booster for Covid 19 on October 1st. Not sure if that impacts the ability to get travel insurance. Appreciate any input. 😊

Hope this question is Ok here since many use their CC’s for travel. Any recommendations for travel insurance? I’m leaving for Germany next week and will be gone for 2 months. Booked my airfare using United points and taxes went on my United Quest CC. Staying at my daughter’s home so no hotel expenses. Mainly needing coverage for healthcare and medical evacuation back to Houston if needed. My Tricare will reimburse for any health needs but I would have to pay upfront. They also do not cover medical evacuation. I am fully vaccinated and got my booster for Covid 19 on October 1st. Not sure if that impacts the ability to get travel insurance. Appreciate any input. 😊
I’ve purchased MedJet for my boss when she travels overseas….there use to be different levels of membership….not sure what they currently offer…thankfully it never had to be used

We’re planning to get our first tablet this year for Christmas and can’t decide which to get. It will mostly be used for movies and shows and the occasional game. I would like an iPad but dh is not an apple fan and would like to get a Samsung. Can someone sway me either way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter