I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will look at this. Right now all airline points are AA or SW, have URsalso.

I do have some TYP but only a few. Will check it out though.

I have URs no MRs. I will only do non stop from ORD as our time is limited and taking connecting flights will eat up 2 days each way. Plus the reason we had to change schedule is to see a soccer game on the last day of our trip. 2 days of flights home would make DS miss school which is a no-go for us.
Replying to myself. TYP are in my account and ticket needed is DHs. So that won't work. Using one way options, DH had enough points for one way but one way back cost $10k (866,000 URs) 😳.
Buying enough points will cost me $1200 but $300+ in taxes which is cheap for Biz but out of our budget.

Last edited:
I would go Android based on price alone but try out in store before I purchase to be sure. There are loads of other app appropriate for that age, so check them out. Be careful of YouTube, it's parental controls are not good. DS learned to search "trains" or just click on next video offered and quickly happened on "sex on trains" 😳😳

DD downloaded appropriate content and the kids had no access to wifi unless specifically signed on at home by an adult. So far, no accidents that I know of.

Does this mean DH holds both a CSP and CSR now? I pc‘d DW CSR to Freedom a few months ago to get the CSP. Can I now pc the Freedom back to a CSR for her? I didn’t think you could hold both at the same time.

You can hold both and the agent actually confirmed so. She said you can’t earn a bonus on both (though many do via MDD).

I think YMMV on PCing multiple times as I did. As a data point, I’d called in advance to ask about doing so and they said yes. Then I later called back and did it, so it doesn’t seem (from my experience) it is prohibited.

I will look at this. Right now all airline points are AA or SW, have URsalso.

I do have some TYP but only a few. Will check it out though.

I have URs no MRs. I will only do non stop from ORD as our time is limited and taking connecting flights will eat up 2 days each way. Plus the reason we had to change schedule is to see a soccer game on the last day of our trip. 2 days of flights home would make DS miss school which is a no-go for us.
If you have URs, you have Marriott points. 60,000 Marriott points becomes 25,000 AA miles. (Have to spend 60K in order for the 5000 bonus AA miles to post, otherwise it's a 3:1 transfer.) Name must be the same on the Marriott and AA accounts for the transfer. You can transfer Marriott points to each other.
Replying to myself. TYP are in my account and ticket needed is DHs. So that won't work. Using one way options, DH had enough points for one way but one way back cost 10k URs. 😳.
Buying enough points will cost me $1200 but $300+ in taxes which is cheap for Biz but out of our budget.
Is that a typo? Spending $100 worth of UR for a one way biz ticket is totally worth it IMO.

If you have URs, you have Marriott points. 60,000 Marriott points becomes 25,000 AA miles. (Have to spend 60K in order for the 5000 bonus AA miles to post, otherwise it's a 3:1 transfer.) Name must be the same on the Marriott and AA accounts for the transfer. You can transfer Marriott points to each other.

Is that a typo? Spending $100 worth of UR for a one way biz ticket is totally worth it IMO.
lol yes a typo, $10k, around 866,000 URs. $100 of UR would be quite the deal.

ETA: Marriott might be doable. Have you done this? The transfer pagedoesn't show the bonus 5000 miles. It says extra 5000 miles at the top of the page but when you enter 60,000 points to transfer it shows 20,000 miles, not 25,000. Do they add 5000 later?

Last edited:
You can hold both if you PC. It's an application rule that you can't have another Sapphire.

But the big question is if they'll let you PC again within a year. It seems to be a very recent rule change that you can't, maybe happened a month or so ago. If you try it, please report back. :)

@platamama , this probably doesn't apply to you, but I saw mention that you can PC back within 30 days as a sort of do over. I guess that's like when Chase allows closed card to be reopened within 30 days.
Yes, I actually got a physical letter from Chase that I could PC back within 30 days back in July when I did my PC. When I did my PC from CSR to CSP (in order to get that support link for P2's CSP application), I was intending to do serial PCs so that I could apply for a CSP using P2's link. Unfortunately for me, his link to the the 100K offer died 7 days before I was eligible for a SUB. I'm seeing DPs that the in-branch offer is alive, but on reddit I'm reading that a PC has to happen 30 days before an in-branch application. Have you seen the same? So now I'm gambling that the in-branch offer still exists 30 days after I do a (2nd) PC. I didn't do a PC earlier than now because I had booked flights for Costa Rica and Hawaii on my CSR/CSP and I wanted to hold onto the travel insurance for those flights. This is all moot if I can't do a 2nd PC; I haven't called in yet to ask about a 2nd PC because I'm waiting for the weekday A team to be back tomorrow.

lol yes a typo, $10k, around 866,000 URs. $100 of UR would be quite the deal.

ETA: Marriott might be doable. Have you done this? The transfer pagedoesn't show the bonus 5000 miles. It says extra 5000 miles at the top of the page but when you enter 60,000 points to transfer it shows 20,000 miles, not 25,000. Do they add 5000 later?
The $10K fare is because, as I mentioned earlier, one-way cash fares are astronomical with AA. In 2019 our one-way AA flight home from Costa Rica would have cost over $2000 per person, whereas I paid 22,700 AA miles per person instead.

I did a Marriott transfer a long time ago, back when it was still SPG. But from what I recall, yes, the 5000 is added later. I just don't remember how long it took.

Yes, I actually got a physical letter from Chase that I could PC back within 30 days back in July when I did my PC. When I did my PC from CSR to CSP (in order to get that support link for P2's CSP application), I was intending to do serial PCs so that I could apply for a CSP using P2's link. Unfortunately for me, his link to the the 100K offer died 7 days before I was eligible for a SUB. I'm seeing DPs that the in-branch offer is alive, but on reddit I'm reading that a PC has to happen 30 days before an in-branch application. Have you seen the same? So now I'm gambling that the in-branch offer still exists 30 days after I do a (2nd) PC. I didn't do a PC earlier than now because I had booked flights for Costa Rica and Hawaii on my CSR/CSP and I wanted to hold onto the travel insurance for those flights. This is all moot if I can't do a 2nd PC; I haven't called in yet to ask about a 2nd PC because I'm waiting for the weekday A team to be back tomorrow.

It might be less than 30 days, depending on when your statement ends.

Does anyone want to share their personal SW cc opening dates/statement close dates? I'd like to see if there's a pattern to help time P2's application for a SW card. If we see a pattern, that could help everyone who is thinking of applying for the SW cards.

I'll start:
Opening date - 11/15
Statement close - 12/3

Replying to myself. TYP are in my account and ticket needed is DHs. So that won't work. Using one way options, DH had enough points for one way but one way back cost $10k (866,000 URs) 😳.

Just curious as to your spring break dates, I booked RT ORD - LHR in Biz for 115k AA recently, and I see plenty of availability around that price in March. Just wondering if your dates are coinciding with any UK school vacations.

Finally did the Kabbage deal today. Not much else going on with my credit cards. I did see OD/OM has a Visa gc deal this week. Only hit up Staples twice last week (have $9800 left this year). Trying to replenish my URs after using them to buy my plane tickets for Europe for our cruise. I really can't wait for that trip. I'm burning out (job and ds) and trips to my parents are nice, but not really relaxing:)

Just curious as to your spring break dates, I booked RT ORD - LHR in Biz for 115k AA recently, and I see plenty of availability around that price in March. Just wondering if your dates are coinciding with any UK school vacations.
Dates are 3/25-4/3. Originally booked return on 4/2 but had to cancel those because the soccer game we want to see is 4/2. Unfortunately spring break is the only time we could see a soccer game BC of their season vs our school breaks.

Finally did the Kabbage deal today. Not much else going on with my credit cards. I did see OD/OM has a Visa gc deal this week. Only hit up Staples twice last week (have $9800 left this year). Trying to replenish my URs after using them to buy my plane tickets for Europe for our cruise. I really can't wait for that trip. I'm burning out (job and ds) and trips to my parents are nice, but not really relaxing:)
What Kabbage deal did you do?

I got this email offer:

Just the normal one for $300 with five debit transactions. I got a business gold three weeks ago.
I forgot to fund the account, and forgot to do the 5 debits (I just activated card today) :D
Did I only have 1 month to do the 5 debits? I can't remember and apparently I didn't save anything.

If you put a (big?) purchase on the Biz Gold, you might get the offer I did ... good luck!

I would go Android based on price alone but try out in store before I purchase to be sure. There are loads of other app appropriate for that age, so check them out. Be careful of YouTube, it's parental controls are not good. DS learned to search "trains" or just click on next video offered and quickly happened on "sex on trains" 😳😳
Isn’t there a YouTube for kids?

Dates are 3/25-4/3. Originally booked return on 4/2 but had to cancel those because the soccer game we want to see is 4/2. Unfortunately spring break is the only time we could see a soccer game BC of their season vs our school breaks.

OK - that doesn't clash with UK school break which should be closer to Easter. So no conflict driving up prices there. I occasionally monitor fares from ORD/NYC/BOS to LHR and have seen some wild swings in both miles pricing and taxes in the space of a few days so hopefully something favorable happens for you.

If I recall correctly, your son is a Spurs fan, so I assume you are planning to go to Tottenham v Newcastle. I don't want to alarm you, but please be prepared for the possibility that the game will not take place on the 2nd. The main EPL broadcaster in the UK selects games for TV coverage, but at the moment has only selected games up to the end of December. 3 - 5 games each week are moved to Sunday or Monday for live TV broadcast. (Saturday afternoon games are not allowed to be broadcast live in the UK).

Hope it all works out for you.

OK - that doesn't clash with UK school break which should be closer to Easter. So no conflict driving up prices there. I occasionally monitor fares from ORD/NYC/BOS to LHR and have seen some wild swings in both miles pricing and taxes in the space of a few days so hopefully something favorable happens for you.

If I recall correctly, your son is a Spurs fan, so I assume you are planning to go to Tottenham v Newcastle. I don't want to alarm you, but please be prepared for the possibility that the game will not take place on the 2nd. The main EPL broadcaster in the UK selects games for TV coverage, but at the moment has only selected games up to the end of December. 3 - 5 games each week are moved to Sunday or Monday for live TV broadcast. (Saturday afternoon games are not allowed to be broadcast live in the UK).

Hope it all works out for you.
Good info. DS is a Spurs fan. So if game is changed to Sunday, do you lose your $ if you have a ticket or get a refund?
I'm quite close to giving up for this year and fingers crossed for next year. The fact that PL schedule comes out well after airlines have released their schedule doesn't help. And PL season is over by the time school is out here. Plus there seems to be an international break at end of March so many years there are no home games for Spurs during our spring break (always last week of March). Sadly I think if it's not this year, he won't get to see Kane though maybe Son will still be around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter