I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy New Year all! Glad 2021 is over though it did bring us a beautiful blessing of our first GS, born in Germany to our DD who is nurse stationed there in the Air Force. Today is our travel day back to the US and it’s bittersweet leaving after 2 months. DS was here for 12 days and DH 9 days. We ended the trip spending 4 nights at Edelweiss Lodge in Garmisch which is a military resort in Bavaria. DH, myself and DD have all served and are eligible to stay there with family and friends. DS and DH went skiing one day, and DS and I visited Zugspitze, the highest point in Germany. We also had a chance to visit the Ettal monastery where Schnapps and cheese is made. And did a horse drawn carriage ride thru town with the rest of the family. Last night for us ended with a modified NY celebration. Unfortunately no fireworks due to Covid. DD, DSIL and DGS are staying a few more nights and friends are joining them. So a 4:45 am taxi to Munich train station followed by a 3 1/2 hour train ride to Frankfurt airport. Then our 11 hour NS flight into Houston. We could have flown from Munich but the train was less even with 1st class train seats and the train terminal is at the airport. And the Bavaria trip was only added 4 weeks ago because we did not know what restrictions would remain in place in Bavaria. All of the Christmas markets were closed in that state in late November. Still everything was so beautiful and decorated and made for a relaxing vacation at the end of the trip. DS, DH, and I got Covid tested for free in Garmissch. Line was short with a 15 minute turnaround. No appointment needed. Covid testing is very organized here and masks are required everywhere. The FFP2 mask was required in Bavaria but regular medical grade masks were ok everywhere else. I actually preferred the FFP2.
Lastly, travel to Europe right now is not for the faint of heart. Covid restrictions changing all the time and I would recommend having your booster if you do decide to travel across the pond. Although I didn’t have a ton of expenses, I managed to do almost $2000 in spend on my new SW priority card. And applied for and used several benefits on my new Venture x. I’m hoping to get DD to apply for the Venture x before the 100,000 points offer goes away. She hasn’t quite grasped this whole points thing and thinks it’s too much work! She and DH do have CSP’s but that’s as far as they have taken it. Hope everyone earns lots of free travel this year! 🥰

Absolutely wonderful trip! Love all the pictures and want a comfy hat just like that! I bought similar for the grands a few years back but haven't done much shopping lately so haven't seen any adult ones.

Safe trip home!

Oh, and I'm ready to apply for a 2022 credit card. Not sure what one yet.

edit: Maybe that Cap Venture whatever it is? I want to cash out and use it for my DVC dues. My way of getting free Disney.

edit again: I could never cash out my UR's so not a UR card., lol
I never thought of Capital One points for DVC but it just might work. DVC dues code as travel on CSR, maybe they would on Capital One too.
I've had the regular Venture One card for many years. I might have DH apply for the VentureX soon. We're helping our kids with some big SUBs right now...CP for one and Hyatt (honeymoon) for the other.

I never thought of Capital One points for DVC but it just might work. DVC dues code as travel on CSR, maybe they would on Capital One too.
I've had the regular Venture One card for many years. I might have DH apply for the VentureX soon. We're helping our kids with some big SUBs right now...CP for one and Hyatt (honeymoon) for the other.

I'm afraid the 100K will be over before my next big spend - some replacement windows!

My one living room window alone is in the 5-6K range because of floor to ceiling and safety glass by code.

But, posting this made me realize it's a 6 month MSR. Time is on my side. I need to get moving.

Happy New Year! Will spend the day updating my spreadsheets and trying to figure out where our next trip will be. I think next trip might just be visiting inlaws, may combine a day or 2 in New Orleans. Will see how soon I will feel safe to travel again. Still need to figure out a new card too.

Happy New Year DISChurner peeps!

PlanePrincess asked me what we had on the books for 2023. I was all ready to rattle off each trip and suddenly my world turned upside down and I was speechless. I have absolutely nothing booked and have not worked on booking anything 😳 I feel like I’ve been body snatched. Who am I?!

We will be finishing our Galapagos trip that starts in December of 2022 and finished with that the first week or so of 2023. Beyond that, nada. So far the multiple Celebrity Amex credits have been working. Yay!

Guess it’s time to start planning something.

@softballpooh I don't think anyone responded:
I have the Chase app but it only shows my personal Chase cards. I don't see this business card in the app nor a biz app for Chase to download. This is my first entrance into the biz world so I'm sure it's user error.

For Biz cards, you need a separate login. You'll need to set it up and then if you log in to the same Chase app, you should see a tracker for your SW Biz card. I believe there is a way to merge biz and personal cards into one login but it requires a call to Chase. We have 2 personal and 2 biz logins (1 of each for DH and myself) and I can log in to any of them on the same app, no issues.

Last edited:
Reposting since I had no replies on old thread.

Applied for SW Biz 11/5, previous cards were CIC 9/23/21 and CSP 8/22/20.

Is it too risky to go for SW personal before February? I'd like to get the points and CP by March as I've already booked cash flights.

Does anyone have a password manager recommendation? And I am totally ignorant on how they work, are they "family" friendly? As in, can I have mine and Dh's accounts on one manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter