I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Push over and make room for me in the boat! I kept my Brilliant because it gave me $20 a month restaurant credit in 2021. I actually had an alarm set on my phone to downgrade this month. Then decided to let it roll through until I see the future a little more clearly. I've got most of my fnc nights booked right now as place holders, but will change if they put topping off in place, depending on points required. Easier for me because I'm doing pretty ordinary nights that are not aspirational. If I use a 35K cert on a room that's over $95, I'm still saving a bit on a room I would have booked anyway on cash.

The Brilliant is the exception in that the $300 credit becomes Marriott money albeit with a discount of 20% from time to time with an offer. So, unless something makes me keep it, I'll probably downgrade next time around.

where are you finding that lol 35k is a hard redemption to find IMO.

also the dinning credits are dead no?

where are you finding that lol 35k is a hard redemption to find IMO.

also the dinning credits are dead no?

Dining credits are dead. That's what justified keeping the card this past year.
35K certificate - any room over $95, whether they be 10k, or up to 35K. Better to use the FNC then wait for something that's a 'better' deal and risk losing the FNC.

I often drive between SC or Florida in normal times and I stop overnight, so rooms are usually above $100, and sometimes as high as $175. Over Thanksgiving we were in South Carolina and son had booked a room to stop in Raleigh and see his buddy there. That Marriott was $199 plus tax. I booked it for him with a FNC and the cash room got canceled.

So a 35K is a lower cost travel hotel, while a 50K makes you want to find something on the beach or in a city.

I had 5 cards that gave Marriott FNC's. I've reduced that to 4 cards. Will be watching them to see if I keep all 4 but so far only the Brilliant is a possible downgrade. The offers also tend to give some value so that's factored into my decisions plus a few points here and there.

I got my last SW Performance Biz bonus on 1/13/20. Can I apply for a new one on Friday (1/14/22)? Or do I need to give it a little more breathing room? (I’ve got spend I’m anxious to put on a new card!)

Does the application date matter? I thought it only matters that you earn the bonus after 24 months from earning the previous bonus.

You have to wait 24 months after earning the previous bonus to apply.

Oh no!! My bonus from my last SW Biz Performance posted on 1/15/20 and I was approved 1/8/22 for my new one.

Does that mean I just screwed myself? The language said 24 months from when last bonus was earned and I will not be able earning my bonus by 1/15/22.

Oh no!! My bonus from my last SW Biz Performance posted on 1/15/20 and I was approved 1/8/22 for my new one.

Does that mean I just screwed myself? The language said 24 months from when last bonus was earned and I will not be able earning my bonus by 1/15/22.

You are probably okay, but I don't quite understand the end of your last sentence.

I know for the Sapphires that they'll deny you when you aren't eligible for the bonus. I don't know about SW cards, though.

Well, because DH's surprise SW CP took the time pressure off me earning my CP, I switched up my plan and applied for (and was instantly approved for!) the AMEX Platinum through the Resy offer. So now my question is, how long do I need to wait before applying for the SW Performance Biz card? I'm now 4/24, and recent cards are:

Platinum AMEX (personal) - 1/12/22
SW Premier Biz - 10/4/21
AMEX Marriott Biz - 5/8/21
United Quest - 4/19/21
CIC - 2/23/21
CSP/CSR MDD - 10/27/20

This might not be news to anyone, but I was on a SW flight recently and when logged into Southwestwifi.com, I clicked the link to Chase credit cards and they provided an offer different than the public offer, 50k pts, $2kmsr/3 mos. The offer was then emailed to me and there's a few weeks to apply. I am not in the market but if anyone is flying soon and is still planning on another SW card, might consider this.

Meaning I don't anticipate spending $5000 by 1/15/22 in case my statement closed within a week. Would probably hit $5000 by February.

You should have the usual allotted time of 3 months/90 days to make the spend. First of all, they approved you for the card. That is what the 24 months refers to. If you hadn't met that parameter, you probably would not have been approved.

If you are still unsure, you could contact Chase and ask them what date you need to do your spend by to qualify for the bonus.

Chase doesn't approve cards if they aren't eligible for the bonus, maybe all Chase business cards bypass the 24 month rule.

I’d be all over a card like that. I did get the Hyatt business card for the sole purpose of trying spend my way to what I will need to hit Globalist again this year. Not sure I will keep it after that.

I feel the same way. I would love a Hyatt card that came with a better FNC, but I do love the Hyatt card I do have. For some reason I thought that the Hyatt Biz card didn't really help getting Globalist. I guess I need to look into that again.

You should have the usual allotted time of 3 months/90 days to make the spend. First of all, they approved you for the card. That is what the 24 months refers to. If you hadn't met that parameter, you probably would not have been approved.

If you are still unsure, you could contact Chase and ask them what date you need to do your spend by to qualify for the bonus.

Thanks, panicked for a second! I should probably wait at least two months to apply for a personal SW card for CP, right?

DD (she's 14), is going to Germany next month. She'll need to make ATM withdrawals when she arrives, should we open a Schwab checking account?
We have Chase and Navy Federal checking accounts but both charge FTFs, Chase charges for ATM fees.

Are there other recommendations?
Doesn't Navy reimburse ATM fees up to $10/month? That was always my plan whenever I can finally get to Europe.

Well, because DH's surprise SW CP took the time pressure off me earning my CP, I switched up my plan and applied for (and was instantly approved for!) the AMEX Platinum through the Resy offer. So now my question is, how long do I need to wait before applying for the SW Performance Biz card? I'm now 4/24, and recent cards are:

Platinum AMEX (personal) - 1/12/22
SW Premier Biz - 10/4/21
AMEX Marriott Biz - 5/8/21
United Quest - 4/19/21
CIC - 2/23/21
CSP/CSR MDD - 10/27/20

Except for 5/24, Chase doesn't really care about cards you got with other issuers. So you're good to go now or whenever you can make the MSR.

I feel the same way. I would love a Hyatt card that came with a better FNC, but I do love the Hyatt card I do have. For some reason I thought that the Hyatt Biz card didn't really help getting Globalist. I guess I need to look into that again.

The Hyatt biz earns 5 elite nights for 10k spend. The rate is better than the personal at 2 elite nights for $5000. Plus the MSR is $7500 anyways and you're most of the way to 10k. I plan to get it for DH sometime this year and it'll help with getting to Globalist.

Another strategy if you qualify for the Hyatt personal SUB again, is to cancel the current card and apply for a new one. You'll get the 5 from the current card and then 5 from the new card. I was hoping to take advantage of that, but the timing isn't going to work out.

The Biz does earn nights but as @wanderlust7 pointed out, it's for big (to some) spends. So for every $10K it's 5 nights. If you happen to have upcoming large bills PLUS the WoH personal having both seems to be the most helpful combination for spending to Globalist. Otherwise, with $199 fee (partially reimburse with 2 $50 hotel credits), it's sort of a lackluster offering. Then again, it doesn't count toward 5/24, so that's a small perk. I actually took that into consideration when deciding whether to get the Biz or cancelling my personal and reapplying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter