• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started following this thread last January and would like to thank everyone for all of their insight! I have a question. I have had the Ink Business Plus Card for a few years and was looking this morning at the Ink Business Preferred Card. Would I be able to apply for this one also? I received the United Business Card the beginning of October and am at 3/24 for personal cards.

Yes. I have the old Ink Plus and also have the Ink Preferred and the Ink Unlimited. Ink Cash will be up next.

Well school decided I get the full 10 days. So I don't go back until Thursday. Overall I'm doing okay (symptom wise) but I was exhausted just from showering. UGH! I guess I have a few more days to rest up for now.

Most of them. We haven’t been able to get into much Marvel stuff lately
Have you tried In the Dark? It's on Netflix. Yellowstone is great. The BF and I have done Succession and the new Dexter recently.

My friend (who considers me a credit card authority) asked about a balance transfer card. I've been researching but can't find a single card without a transfer fee. She's got a sizeable balance she needs to transfer so the transfer fee is a chunk of money that could be going to paying off the debt. I'm not sure how to advise her. I haven't done a balance transfer in a decade or more. Amex looks like it no longer offers 0% transfer cards. Am I missing something?
I don't think there an any currently. Bank Americard used to be one. And the Amex Everyday. I've had both of them in the past (and even churned the Bank Americard). Think the pandemic got rid of them :(

Well school decided I get the full 10 days. So I don't go back until Thursday. Overall I'm doing okay (symptom wise) but I was exhausted just from showering. UGH! I guess I have a few more days to rest up for now.

Have you tried In the Dark? It's on Netflix. Yellowstone is great. The BF and I have done Succession and the new Dexter recently.
I missed the post saying you had covid, but feel better soon!

and yessss to “In the Dark”. It’s one of those shows I would never have watched, but I have literally exhausted every other option on Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and so on a whim I gave it a shot, and I’m halfway through season 2 and love it.
(Disclaimer: I spend a lot of time sewing for a side hustle and thus binge watch a lot, lol - I felt the need to elaborate why I watch so many shows 😂)

I found a puppy and I need some help :) I'm terrible at names and would love some ideas. I do have 4 things I want it to meet - 1. Not a human person's name, 2. One syllable 3. Goes with Dude 4. Sounds ok being yelled or said where others can hear. 5. Disney is ok but not obvious ie not buzz, star wars or marvel :)

View attachment 641411View attachment 641412
Soooo cute! what about Dash? My kids said Luke and Gus (Gus Gus).

We're not good at names here. Our recent adoptee came with name Monty. We voted before we met any dogs and picked Sirius for male, Luna for female. Brought Monty home and he is not a Sirius. So we threw around some more names, came up with Chewbacca, Chewie for short. A week later and I'm not feeling Chewie, so I'm trying out Mack (he's as big as a truck) but DS still prefers Chewie. 🤷🏼‍♀️
I wanted to give our golden a HP name but nothing seemed to fit. We were toying with Lupin but eventually settled on Murray. It's the lake where my parents live (and the first place we brought him "home" to), and also makes me think of the cute dog from Mad About You.

Anyone have any binge worthy shows right now? Dh and I are currently watching servant but have to wait a week for each episode so we need something to watch in between.
So it's a more of a dark comedy, but DH and I just finished the first season of After Life in Netflix recently and it's actually really good! Has some heavy parts, but a lot laughs too, and the last few episodes are really heartfelt-- almost reminds me of Ted Lasso but of course nothing will ever come close to that.
Home After Dark in Apple+ is pretty good little mystery show.

Hi guys, I haven't been on here in about 2 weeks, and there's been 30 new pages that I don't have time to catch up on, LOL. Hope there was nothing juicy I missed!

We were gone on a cruise, and I am glad to report back that no one in our party of 4 got sick, and we in fact felt safer on this trip than any other we've been on in the pandemic thus far! If you have any questions, please feel free to DM me. We were on Carnival.

We are planning only domestic travel this year now. Were supposed to go to China in October (cancelled trip from 2020), but with all the uncertainty and new lockdowns occuring there, we are almost certain that trip is off the table. We'll lose our deposit of $600 that was paid pre-Covid with no travel insurance. You live and you learn.

Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn in West Yellowstone? We are thinking of taking a trip to Yellowstone/Grand Tetons in August for a week. The IHG points price is kind of steep, but we don't have any plans for all our IHG points at the moment, and with changes to the program coming, I'm thinking we should go ahead and use them instead of hoarding, in case of a devaluation soon. We would get 4th night free, so it comes out to around 42K pts per night. I did find cheap flights using AA points, only 25K round trip for the two of us.

Any recommendations for a hotel in Grand Teton area? We don't have any cc affiliated hotels in that area, and prices of hotels are insane! I looked on Airbnb as well, and they're just as expensive. Has anyone stayed outside the area, like Alpine or Victor, and found it to be acceptable with the drive back/forth? With the short amount of time we have, we might just have to suck up the cost to be closer.

To keep this all cc related, I am looking for our next credit card to earn a signup bonus. We haven't had one in about 6+ months. Just not sure what to get right now. The trips we have planned this year are Chicago, Yellowstone, & Outer Banks. We may try to do an all-inclusive in December in Dominican Republic, but not sure yet. We are okay paying cash on that one. The Chicago and Yellowstone trips air are covered, as well as hotels for the most part (see above). Outer Banks we'll probably have to pay an airbnb so we can take our dogs. I am thinking maybe a Hyatt card or Amex Surpass? We are planning Japan for November 2023, so we could get a jump on hotel points for those. Or Amex Delta or Southwest card to get airline points for a positioning flight for Japan. Any recommendations? Probably makes most sense to go with Chase cards first, due to 5/24.

I am going to second @StephPlum @WVMomof3 that said to stay in the parks. We stayed 2 nights in the Old Faithful Inn and 2 nights in Roosevelt Cabins (the closest I want to get to camping!). Even with staying inside the parks, it was so much driving!!! We stayed in an Airbnb for our Grand Teton portion, so not much help there.

Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn in West Yellowstone? We are thinking of taking a trip to Yellowstone/Grand Tetons in August for a week. The IHG points price is kind of steep, but we don't have any plans for all our IHG points at the moment, and with changes to the program coming, I'm thinking we should go ahead and use them instead of hoarding, in case of a devaluation soon. We would get 4th night free, so it comes out to around 42K pts per night. I did find cheap flights using AA points, only 25K round trip for the two of us.
We stayed at this Holliday in 6 years ago. I was late booking our August trip for any of the hotels in Yellowstone, We stayed in one of the Yellowstone Hotels the first night of the trip (not sure which one but it was brand new at the time) and this Holiday Inn the next 2 or 3. The Holiday Inn was fine but we loved staying at the hotel inside Yellowstone. It just made such a difference in our trip and I wish we could have stayed there longer. There was a decent restaurant to get a good burger in the Holiday Inn, workers were nice but I did not feel 100% safe walking around town there at night. I would book inside Yellowstone if you can.

I wanted to give our golden a HP name but nothing seemed to fit. We were toying with Lupin but eventually settled on Murray. It's the lake where my parents live (and the first place we brought him "home" to), and also makes me think of the cute dog from Mad About You.
We weren't aiming for HP names but each of us made a list and then we voted. Both names we came up with were HP, but Luna was actually more about the silver color of a Weimaraner than the character. I loved Mad about You and Murray was so cute!

Last edited:
Woo! Got 44k points back rebooking Hilton Tokyo Bay. 54k a night isn't bad but if they want to go down more I'll take it. From here on out I'll call vs cancel and rebook myself. I always worry something will happen in that time frame.

I am able to "edit reservation" in Hilton. Wonder if that would show the lower rates without canceling and rebooking? I know that's how Marriott works.

I hestitate to be helpful, so if it isn't, please just disregard.

Is your total Chase credit line across all cards (business and personal) more than 50% of household income or 70-80k, whichever is lower?

For biz recon, I think this number works 888-270-2127. If the issue is the CL, you can see if they'll move CL from another business card to open it (can't move personal).

For moving credit, it's supposed to be within the same company. If the other cards are a different structure then they might not be available. But can't hurt to ask!

I am able to "edit reservation" in Hilton. Wonder if that would show the lower rates without canceling and rebooking? I know that's how Marriott works.

I hestitate to be helpful, so if it isn't, please just disregard.

Clicked through to it and it seems like it would work. Will have to try it next time. I know the phone people can do it because I asked when I was booking my FNC.

I got an email about joining the InterContinental Ambassador program through IHG. We aren’t huge travelers but do have 2 trips booked on points coming up and another one for 2-3 nights with cash (if the weather holds out). Anyone ever join this? I’m wondering if the perks are worth it with having the credit card???

Looks like there might be a stacking offer according to FM

I'm getting ready to apply for a new chase business card. I have a CIC and a CIU. Do I need to cancel one of them before applying for another one?

I also have CFU, a southwest personal (which I'm going to cancel when annual fee comes around) and Hyatt personal. I checked my credit lines and I'm at $57,800 across all business and personal cards which I think should be fine, but I could definitely lower the Hyatt which is my highest at $16,800 if I need to.

Thanks for any advice!

I would highly recommend staying in the parks. Check Xanterra, that is what most NPs use, but I think Teton may have been a different one. I really enjoyed Yellowstone but it was soooooo much driving within the park and we stayed inside and it was still a lot of driving. I checked everyday for cancellations and was able to get rooms for enough of our nights with only a few months before our trip. I would not want to stay outside the parks.
I know it isn't on points but if at all possible I recommend staying in the park at Yellowstone. I split time between Old Faithful area and Canyon area. The distances between the different areas are a lot. It really helps not having to drive into the park to start your day and just walking over to Old Faithful to see it erupt - priceless.

I would recommend that In Grand Tetons as well - Signal Mountain Lodge is great. Some Hotel/Motel rooms and some cabins. We stayed in the cabins and they were great. Get the nachos on the deck at the restaurant there. Avoid Coulter Bay cabins. They were moved there from all over the area in the 50s and it looked like that was the last time they were cleaned. Small and a bit dirty.
I am going to second @StephPlum @WVMomof3 that said to stay in the parks. We stayed 2 nights in the Old Faithful Inn and 2 nights in Roosevelt Cabins (the closest I want to get to camping!). Even with staying inside the parks, it was so much driving!!! We stayed in an Airbnb for our Grand Teton portion, so not much help there.
We stayed at this Holliday in 6 years ago. I was late booking our August trip for any of the hotels in Yellowstone, We stayed in one of the Yellowstone Hotels the first night of the trip (not sure which one but it was brand new at the time) and this Holiday Inn the next 2 or 3. The Holiday Inn was fine but we loved staying at the hotel inside Yellowstone. It just made such a difference in our trip and I wish we could have stayed there longer. There was a decent restaurant to get a good burger in the Holiday Inn, workers were nice but I did not feel 100% safe walking around town there at night. I would book inside Yellowstone if you can.
I am so shocked at these responses to be honest! Using points versus paying easily $300+ nt in cash?!!!? Who are you people?!! Hahaha! I guess it really goes to show, points don't always prevail just cuz its the free/cheaper way to do things. Will definitely have to look into staying in the park based on these recommendations now. I will say, we absolutely HATE camping or anything that resembles "roughing it", so I will have to look at the cabins ya'll suggested. So glad I asked this!! You guys are amazing, as always, with the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter