I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone get in on the discounted Disney GCs at Sam's Club this morning?
Anyone actually receive the e gift card?

Has anyone ever had success returning a gift card purchased in store with the original receipt and getting their credit card refunded? I asked DH to buy two $500 VGCs at the grocery store (HEB) so we could pay a medical bill at today’s appointment and get 10% cash back vs 2%. He bought two $500 HEB gift cards….

I’m sure it depends on store policy but thought I’d check!

Has anyone ever had success returning a gift card purchased in store with the original receipt and getting their credit card refunded? I asked DH to buy two $500 VGCs at the grocery store (HEB) so we could pay a medical bill at today’s appointment and get 10% cash back vs 2%. He bought two $500 HEB gift cards….

I've never tried as the anticipated hassle wasn't worth it to me. Like you, they were GC's that we would use anyway even if the person buying them didn't follow instructions. :rotfl2:

It's great to have a plan for your next couple cards, so well done. What's nice about the Venture X is that you have 6 months for the MSR, so it can be your miscellaneous card. And there's no telling when the Venture X offer will go away.

Make sure to read up on the MDD if you go that route. There is very specific application timing in order to get it right.

Can't recall when you are planning your trip, but if Delta points are the goal, I'd just make sure you allow time to earn the points and then book, especially if it's a high demand flight.

I was just reading today that a huge travel boon is expected here in 2022, and I'd assume 2023. I'm personally starting to plot out my 2023 plans so I can book flights when they open, etc.

I appreciate the tips. I've never gone crazy applying for a lot of cards, tending to be a very casual churner and stalking the board for targeted deals. But since I didn't do anything for the last few years thanks to Covid, I figure I almost have a blank slate if I wanted to take the game up a notch. The whole reason I'm focused on Delta is because we have the flight credits to use, so I thought we could buy main cabin tickets and use points to upgrade. But that might end up being an awful use of points so things that are more flexible are probably the better way to go.

Not sure if you're looking to get a few cards or if you're looking to be in the game long term? If the latter, you may want to consider business cards. Many side gigs can count. Resale is a popular one here. You'd apply as a sole proprietor and use your name as the business name. Business cards can significantly prolong your game as Chase has a 5/24 rule where they won't approve you once you have 5 new cards in the last 24 months that report to your personal credit report. Most business cards don't report to your personal credit report (notable exception would be certain Capital One cards).

You may want to consider the business version of the Delta Gold card instead of the personal. There are some elevated offers you might be able to pull up with a dummy booking.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...00-miles-200-statement-credit-or-90000-miles/
Thanks! I'll revisit the business cards and see if we could use our ebay account to qualify. It's been a while since we did any selling but we could probably do some purging of things online. Or maybe even my facebook marketplace sales from last summer. Hmm...

Thanks for looking. We had amazing 2 week Germany and France vacation booked for the summer of 2020 that all got cancelled due to Covid. We had a 3 bedroom house rented in Garmisch for 5 days and a sweet 2 bedroom apartment in Paris,1 block from the Louvre all booked through the Chase Travel portal. We also booked an beachfront condo for an October 2021 stay in Oceanside, CA. Points wise, we were getting a lot more value doing the vacation rentals vs just a cramped hotel room.
I had a DCL cruise booked for my big 60 in August 2020 that was canceled. Finally did my first big trip since Covid in Germany and France this past December. Also went to Garmisch but opted to stay at the Edelweiss lodge, a military resort. We spent New Years there. Going back to Garmisch in May to see the Passion Play. We’ll be staying at an Airbnb in Austria (renting a farmhouse) when we go down for the Sound of Music tour. I used my Cap One Venture x when DS and I stayed at an Airbnb near DLP. Used my free $200 credit. And DD is using her Venture x credit in Austria. Are you by chance military? You can erase your travel charges with Cap one. I’m really starting to appreciate this card!

Hilton Tokyo Bay went down to 45k a night for my stay. I was able to edit my res and get the new point total. Super easy. And 36k saved.

I know they aren't related but australia opening for tourists is giving me hope for Japan end of aug.

Update: the answer is a hard no, no refunds, returns, store credit, etc. of any kind. Makes sense because of money laundering and fraud shenanigans, but I *do* kind of wish DH had read my text message and the fine print on the cards a little bit more closely :badpc:

I've never tried as the anticipated hassle wasn't worth it to me. Like you, they were GC's that we would use anyway even if the person buying them didn't follow instructions. :rotfl2:

I am trying to look on the bright side and think "prepaid groceries for three months!" vs. "we screwed up the budget for this month!"

Hilton Tokyo Bay went down to 45k a night for my stay. I was able to edit my res and get the new point total. Super easy. And 36k saved.

I know they aren't related but australia opening for tourists is giving me hope for Japan end of aug.
I’m really hoping you get to go.

I am trying to look on the bright side and think "prepaid groceries for three months!" vs. "we screwed up the budget for this month!"
Messing with the budget is the worst. Did you make him go back for VGC?

I'm trying to apply for the US Bank Business Leverage card. The business ID is in the form of an EIN and won't change to the SSN format. It says you can use a SSN and I've chosen Sole Proprietorship. Has anyone used a SSN in the EIN format and been automatically approved?

Sooooo I got the swa CP this month..... considering venture x for P2 simply b/c of the current bonus..... I like that it's a 6 month MSR since it's large..... anyone have a "feel" for how long this offer might last? Honestly I won't hit that MSR until my July bills are due so I'd like to wait on it.... I also think I'd like to try another ecosystem other than UR or MR for a change.... P2 is 3/24 right now.... thoughts? I know I"m just spitballing here but I'm thinking I could make good use of the offer.... we already have a LOT of chase cc's Amex is mad at us (lol) and I'm hoping to travel this year....

Do Chase AU’s get their own separate offers like with Amex? I don’t see any on mine. Do the AU’s just use their own card and get the offers that are loaded on the primary card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter