I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great! Had no idea I could do this!
So I can book both my DD and mine using his points, then when I get the CP I can add her and get her points back…is this correct? Or do I just book my ticket, then after I get the CP add her as my companion and book her ticket?

If you have the points, it's good to book your DD's ticket as backup. If the flight is completely sold out, you wouldn't be able to add her. You can cancel her ticket and get the points back. You'll get a refund of the tax cost too.

It'll be more convenient if you book the two tickets separately. If you book them together, you can't cancel just her ticket online and would have to contact SW to split out the ticket. Just had to do that for a flight I booked before I decided to go for a CP.

I went to the Away store today and purchased a new navy blue large carry-on (with charger), a navy blue leather tote bag, a set of initial stickers for dd and a dog sticker! That covers the credit on my CSR! I compared the Away to my Tumi carry-on and it's a shade taller and wider, which will be perfect because I am not a light packer!
I went to look at the website again after seeing your post…love the .purple/lavender its my favorite color….now have to decide if it’s worth getting a checked bag in that color…worried about marks…
Have been using a Vera Bradly suitcase my daughter got me at least 10 years ago when she worked there in a purple print..easy to find at the airport

What is the attractiveness of the AWAY luggage other than the fact that you can use credits/discounts through Chase and can get a great deal on normally expensive luggage?

I finicky about the WEIGHT of the luggage. My priority would be the lightest luggage available. I'll use the $29 one over the $200 any day even if I own both at home.

How heavy is the AWAY luggage?

Thanks
I'm also curious what makes Away luggage worth the price. I brought up the deal to my wife but haven't really researched it.

I'm also curious what makes Away luggage worth the price. I brought up the deal to my wife but haven't really researched it.
Another curious person here. I use my 20 year old Briggs & Riley that I got when I was a flight attendant. It is heavy compared to newer suitcases, so I wouldn't mind having a new one. However, I do not think I would like the clam shell style.

What is the attractiveness of the AWAY luggage other than the fact that you can use credits/discounts through Chase and can get a great deal on normally expensive luggage?

I finicky about the WEIGHT of the luggage. My priority would be the lightest luggage available. I'll use the $29 one over the $200 any day even if I own both at home.

Thanks

I don't know the exact weight of the bags, it may be on the website, but I can pack my carry-on for a week and it's never been over 25 pounds on the scale at the airport.

I went to look at the website again after seeing your post…love the .purple/lavender its my favorite color….now have to decide if it’s worth getting a checked bag in that color…worried about marks…
Have been using a Vera Bradly suitcase my daughter got me at least 10 years ago when she worked there in a purple print..easy to find at the airport

My oldest DD has the carry-on in white and I was somewhat concerned about scuff marks but any that have been made come off easily with a magic eraser.

Now, worth the price is relative. I would not have bought the pair I just got without the Chase offer and the option to use points to erase the charges. The first time I bought Away it was during their disastrous "sale" a couple of years ago. All I had heard was how miraculous this luggage was. It's nice, and you can fit an amazing amount of crap in them (I'm a huge over packer) but I don't think I would pay full price for one.

Thanks

I looked and they are heavier than the hard sided checked bags I have. I've been trying to find something lighter than my I think 26" but can't find anything that isn't cloth.

I'm not going to use points for a suitcase, I don't earn much as a P1 only. I'd rather keep what I have or buy a new one at tj max if I need to.

It really is ridiculous! Last summer I got a one day ticket, made a reservation, then had to switch days. of course I couldn’t just reserve a different day because the price for my new day was higher and there was no way to upgrade online so I called. I was lucky the CM on the phone was able to do it for me, but she said only because I had originally paid with a gift card. Weird.

Will they let someone make the change at the booth on your behalf? I’ll be there next month and would have time to do it for you if that’s allowed.
My dates for park res open Saturday so I have to call about the other 2 tix which I got with Citi TYP. I'll check then what options I have. I just can't believe in 2022 that there is literally one place on the planet that I can go and it must be in person. 😡.
Thanks for your kind offer.

Another curious person here. I use my 20 year old Briggs & Riley that I got when I was a flight attendant. It is heavy compared to newer suitcases, so I wouldn't mind having a new one. However, I do not think I would like the clam shell style.
Former FA as well, so I've had the very heavy Travelpro type suitcases as well. In transparency, I haven't used my Away luggage yet on an actual trip, other than when my husband packed and unpacked his at the house to try it out. What?

But here's why I bought ours:
- Option for the integrated USB charger on the outside of the suitcase. This is ejectable and can be used independent of the suitcase.
- Seems like very, very good 360 degree wheels.
- It is clam shell and even has this neat cinching panel that helps remove some of the excess air out of the clothing to help compact it

My husband reported that he was able to pack more in his luggage than our normal carry-on bag, and we travel exclusively with carry-ons.

So, I (P1) supported P2 for a CIC in December. P2 is now working on the MSR. Meanwhile P2 supported me (P1) for another CIC. Just got the card this week.

When I log into P2's account, I can see that he has 20K+ UR points already pending, to be available on his next statement. However, I (P1) do not see any pending support URs at all. What should I do? Should I send a SM from the account I sent the support link from? I did NOT save the link. We just generated it and then used it. Argh. I was giving it time to show up but it showed up much faster on P2's account.

Any advice? Thanks.

My dates for park res open Saturday so I have to call about the other 2 tix which I got with Citi TYP. I'll check then what options I have. I just can't believe in 2022 that there is literally one place on the planet that I can go and it must be in person. 😡.
Thanks for your kind offer.
I hope they can do something for you. Seriously though, message me if you need help, I don’t think June reservations will get booked up immediately.

Away bags have great wheels and zippers. The chargers on the carry ons are nice. The warranty is great and they have a reputation for being well made and durable. As to weight, the medium checked bag weighs less than my ebags mother lode rolled duffle. The bigger carry on weighs what my smaller Delsey carry on weighed. But honestly I'm never worried about weight.

So, I (P1) supported P2 for a CIC in December. P2 is now working on the MSR. Meanwhile P2 supported me (P1) for another CIC. Just got the card this week.

When I log into P2's account, I can see that he has 20K+ UR points already pending, to be available on his next statement. However, I (P1) do not see any pending support URs at all. What should I do? Should I send a SM from the account I sent the support link from? I did NOT save the link. We just generated it and then used it. Argh. I was giving it time to show up but it showed up much faster on P2's account.

Any advice? Thanks.

I have this same issue and I'm not sure what to do. I supported DH for a CIU and we have it and are working on the MSR but there are no points pending in my account for the support. In the past, as soon as one of us were approved the other could see the support points in their account. I probably have the support link I sent him somewhere as I used one that was emailed to me but would that even work? Can they tell if a specific link has been used?

Thanks

I have been a huge fan of the Travelpro Platinum Magna 2 series of luggage for some years now from back when I was debating a Briggs & Riley and the less expensive but still pricey Travelpro. I received an Away carryon (soft sided) as a gift and absolutely love it. I never thought I'd like the clam shell style at all. I can't believe how much I am able to fit in that thing. I have used it exclusively since December of 2020 going to WDW nearly every weekend, Hawaii, DLR, cruise etc. It rolls like a dream and still looks brand new.

By the time I decided to purchase a matching soft sided checked bag, the soft sided one had been discontinued. I still look for a navy soft sided checked Away bad periodically on Ebay, Offer Up, Mercari and Poshmark just in case.

As for weight, I think the carry on is about 7 pounds and the checked is heavier at 10.8. I only bring a checked bag for longer international or Hawaii trips. Since my husband is a PlanePrincess that means we are flying up front and the luggage restrictions are more flexible, so I haven't taken that into consideration as much. Even so, if we did go over a weight limit, between the two us we will likely have a credit card that covers those types of fees as a benefit.

Last edited:
I have this same issue and I'm not sure what to do. I supported DH for a CIU and we have it and are working on the MSR but there are no points pending in my account for the support. In the past, as soon as one of us were approved the other could see the support points in their account. I probably have the support link I sent him somewhere as I used one that was emailed to me but would that even work? Can they tell if a specific link has been used?
I’m having the same issue with a CSP support link. My dad used it when he did a Sapphire MDD back in December. I know he used it because I did it with him.

Still no support points for me on my CSP.

I’m nervous about reaching out since his was an MDD. Anyone have experience on this? I’d rather let my support points go if pursuing it would cause him to lose his sign up bonus.

Any advice? Thanks.
I’ve had support points post up to 3 weeks after the card was approved…but December to February seems too long …

.last year My RR support points didn’t post so after 2 months I sent Chase a SM from the account I generated the link…giving them the date my DH applied and the last 4 digits of his account number.
They then added 20k RR points to my account….

Last edited:
You guys coached me through getting my $75 SW gift card before cancelling my SW Personal Priority card. The annual fee posted 2/1 and I'm definitely going to cancel it. DH and I fly on 2/25. If I would use the card for upgraded boardings does it take awhile to receive the credit, or is it instant? I need to cancel the card by 3/1, but I want to make sure the credit posts before cancelling.

I'm thinking about cancelling now just to be safe, but I keep going back and forth about what to do.

You guys coached me through getting my $75 SW gift card before cancelling my SW Personal Priority card. The annual fee posted 2/1 and I'm definitely going to cancel it. DH and I fly on 2/25. If I would use the card for upgraded boardings does it take awhile to receive the credit, or is it instant? I need to cancel the card by 3/1, but I want to make sure the credit posts before cancelling.

I'm thinking about cancelling now just to be safe, but I keep going back and forth about what to do.
I feel like my upgraded boarding credits have posted within a day or two. Very fast.

What did you need to do? I have a Priority that I'll cancel once my second AF hits.

After your annual fee hits, check your dashboard on chase.com. It will show your $75 annual travel credit and you can see if it has reset for the year (it usually resets a couple of days after your annual fee posts). After it resets, go to southwest's website and purchase a $75 gift card using your SW credit card with the travel credit. A couple of days later, the credit for it will post and then you can cancel after that. Here's my travel credit after getting the gift card showing that the credit has been used for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter