I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I buy Costco cash cards and Sam’s GCs with VGCs to pay for gas? I’ve tried to use VGC at Costco pump and it didn’t work, haven’t tried Sam’s but I assume they won’t work either. Just trying to figure out how much in VGC to get tomorrow.

Well darn. We were driving through a no cell service zone when it was time to checkin for southwest. We had to wait about 20 minutes and got C9, 10 and 11. Boo. Also I reserved us all under one confirmation hoping DS would piggy back our Precheck but that didn’t happen. Do they not do that anymore?

Well darn. We were driving through a no cell service zone when it was time to checkin for southwest. We had to wait about 20 minutes and got C9, 10 and 11. Boo. Also I reserved us all under one confirmation hoping DS would piggy back our Precheck but that didn’t happen. Do they not do that anymore?
I don’t think it was ever guaranteed. I was hoping my CP would have gotten it but no dice. The girlfriends ended up signing up for Clear because the airport was crazy on Sat morning.

Is it DS19? I think there is an age cut-off for piggy-backing on adult pre-check. I know kids 12 and under traveling with a parent who has pre-check can use the pre-check line without it being on their boarding pass.

Good for you for listening to him. This stuff is just hard. If I had it to do over again, I would switch DD's middle school for a different one, but of course it's too late now. I think if I had more kids they could have benefitted from what I learned, but then again probably not since each child is different. IMHO if he's happy about this then I think you're doing the right thing.

Ha--more kids just meant more mistakes! I still occasionally think about how I never even questioned whether the kindergarten (yes, my kids are all now graduated from college and I still sometimes think about this) teacher who was so great for my very verbal, very type-A daughter was the totally wrong choice for my speech-delayed, marches-to-his-own-drum son. Kudos to @Alexle2007 for seeing that the fit isn't right.

Is it DS19? I think there is an age cut-off for piggy-backing on adult pre-check. I know kids 12 and under traveling with a parent who has pre-check can use the pre-check line without it being on their boarding pass.
There are a few factors that affect how often a person gets unpaid Pre. The biggest is where they fall on the threat matrix. A 19 year old man is going to be pretty high on the list unless they're military or have had federal background checks for some reason. Another is how many Pre passengers the airline already has. There are only so many Pre slots to be had. They've also limited the number of unpaid Pre passengers in the last couple years as paid Pre has gotten more popular.

Can I buy Costco cash cards and Sam’s GCs with VGCs to pay for gas? I’ve tried to use VGC at Costco pump and it didn’t work, haven’t tried Sam’s but I assume they won’t work either. Just trying to figure out how much in VGC to get tomorrow.

Haven't tried costco yet. Tried to use my card at Sam's gas, rejected. Attendant said it happens a lot with VGC. (In retrospect Hubby says you need $150 in available balance for the authorization, my card had 140 left).

I went in and drained the card into a Walmart GC, used right away at the pump no problem.

Later, when I tried to totally drain the Walmart GC at the pump, he said he could only run whole numbers, so I have a card with 0.32.

Going forward, I plan to go the Walmart GC route again but tell them to put $45 or whatever whole number instead of a fill up. Then, I'll be able to deplete in whole numbers as well.

Sam's gas is our go to stop anyway (close to house, always competitive price for our area) so I don't mind holding the Walmart GCs with the plan to use them there

Can anyone explain how plastiq works? I’m interested in applying for the Cap one biz card with the $50,000 spend in 6 months. I could reach the spend for our biz if I could include our office rent a few times during that 6 months.

I've bought Costco cash cards with Visa gift cards from Staples as recently as the week before Xmas. I don't know if they (Costco cash card) can be used at the pump.

I am trying to reschedule our snow canceled trip to WDW for a weekend in June. There is only 1 weekend I can pick so I booked it. Not sure if DD17 will have finals that day or not. 🤞she doesn’t. We asked the school but they don’t finalize finals/graduation dates until mid April.

If it works out we will fly out the night of my 40th bday and just do one day at MK and then a resort day. Resort selections are slim pickings so I booked a theme park view at CR. I don’t love the grounds or pool but the walk to MK and dining options seem like a good pick. Plus I’m sure the kids will like the new incredible rooms.
We do have dvc points in holding so we’ll see once April come if we can do OKW or SSR has a 1 bedroom open.

Only Spirit and Frontier have a flight when I need it. Is one better than the other? I looked at Chase to use points and it looks like I can’t pick my seat if I use Chase points? Is that really the case?

basic WoH cc....just got the $95 AF posted..... anyone ever see a retention offer on these? I'd really like to hang onto this,but my current circumstances dictate no extra $$$ for things like AF .... :sad: is there any way to PC this card to something no AF?

Resort selections are slim pickings

We are going in June too and I noticed about three months ago almost everything was gone. I am a bit scared of how the parks will be... Every time before there was wiggle room in moving the reservation for flight changes but this time nothing! I really hope they are not all at 100% and are at a reduced capacity to allow support staff to keep up...

Had a horrific experience with AA yesterday that I wanted to share as a way to vent my frustration.

I was (finally) cancelling the flight to the Maldives in April booked using dh's points, so called to cancel and have the points re-deposited. Chose the cb option, waited just over an hour for the call. CSR said that because it was booked using points she had to transfer me to another department. I was on hold for approx. 15 mins; while talking to second CSR I was browsing the AA app to see if I had any other flights to cancel when I noticed that there was a flight to Chicago in May showing. I don't have any flights to Chicago booked, so clicked through to the details and saw that AA had re-routed my and dd's May flight (from YYZ to JFK and JFK to LHR on first class) to YYZ to ORD, ORD to LHR in biz class (departing YYZ at 6:00am and landing in LHR the next day at 6:30am :scared:). After browsing flights with the CSR I selected YYZ to LGA (11am), JFK to LHR (depart 6:30pm land 6:30am) to get first class seats (as many of you know I have been on a never-ending quest to finally sit in first class and get coveted pjs). Being the trusting sole that I am I disconnected the call. A few hours later I noticed that points from the cancelled flight were still not back in dh's account and my flight was still showing YYZ to ORD, ORD to LHR. Ugh. So I decided to call back.

This time the wait for a cb was 2.25 hours. When it finally came the CSR said that they had to transfer me to "International redemptions" and the wait time "shouldn't be too long". Wellll, this time there was no option to have the system cb, so I sat on hold. And sat. And sat. And sat. After 3.5 hours I decided to use the chat. This time the connection was pretty quick and Wanza, the agent, was able to get the miles back into dh's account in a few mins. However Wanza confirmed that the CSR that I spoke with in the morning never made the flight change and that she couldn't complete it, she'd have to transfer me another department. The chat sequence indicated a 5-10 minute wait, which changed to 20-25 mins. Finally got a message that I was 8th in line and after 20 mins another chat picked up. This agent was beyond awful, but since I was still on hold on the phone (over 4 hours) I continued with the chat. The new chat agent was unbelievably slow and I had to repeat myself numerous times; agent said that she was dealing with multiple customers simultaneously and was having difficulty remembering the details of each customer. Extremely frustrating. After 90 mins (total) on chat the agent was finally able to change the May flights; checked the booking and the changes were showing. Disconnected chat and hung up the call -- total time on hold for a live agent is showing as 5 hours, 17 mins and no one had picked up. Crazy.

10% back up to $5 at CVS this morning on my Chase Freedom.
Same! Thanks for posting bc I wouldn't have checked today.
:rotfl2: This is literally how I refer to myself too (IRL) b/c my "career" of homeschooling my kids was long,and now I'm done...:rotfl: and on to other things but "retired" from that position
I think I'll start using retired! I only homeschooled our youngest for 7 years----but that included high school (with AP courses I developed and got approved) so I also acted as guidance counselor :scared1:

3 weeks from our London trip. 🤞🏼 I bit the bullet and bought football (⚽️) tickets today. I've been so convinced it wouldn't happen that I only booked refundable stuff so far.
So anyone with last minute tips for London, let me have have them!
Also having never flown Biz before, is checked luggage collected at the same place for all or is there something different I should know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter