I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I signed up for a Chase Ink Biz Cash on Feb 23. I thought the MS was $3k or $4K for the 75k point, but I can't find anywhere that says what it was when I signed up and the current offer requires $7500. :sad2: Is there a way to check what the minimum spend was when I signed up, or has it always been that?

I've been thinking about getting a new MSR, with the ultimate goal of collecting points for a Universal Orlando trip the summer of 2023. Was assuming that I'd be getting another CIC/CIU since I've been collecting URs, but this is making me wonder if I should consider applying for the Venture X before the bonus expires?

What would everyone lean towards, collecting more of the point currency that I've already invested in, or going with something new for the great bonus? Are Universal tickets/resorts available on the Capital One travel portal? Is airport lounge access a useable benefit for people who usually travel with young kids?

FWIW, I'm pretty sure I'm at 2/24, so I'd have the slot to burn and still be fine with Chase.
Iā€™m a big believer in diversifying point currencies. I remember when Disney was pulled from Chase, I remember the AApocalypseā€¦ I now feel ancient and sad and donā€™t want to remember anymore šŸ˜‚ Anywho I cannot imagine all my eggs in one basket after getting hit by both of those myself. Nobody fathomed AA shutting down accounts and cancelling tickets mid-trip until it happened. Nobody foresaw that Chase would specifically ban Disney from their travel booking.

I also think the Cap1 is an intriguing alternative premium card to have in the wings in case of Chase or Amex shutdowns (for those that value a premium travel card). Because see above, things happen šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Full disclosure: Cap1 still hates me so I donā€™t get to join this party šŸ˜­

I feel like I want to do the Venture X because of FOMO, but that it maybe doesn't make that much sense for me? I'm really tired of the high annual fees and trying to juggle getting those to wash out.
AF burnout is real, very good point. At the end of the day if something happens and you donā€™t hit the MSR youā€™re still out the AF so it adds another layer of stress vs missing the MSR on a no AF card.

I've been doing a side by side comparison, and here's what I've come up with:

View attachment 653043

If the value is 1.5cpp, the Venture X comes out to an $1800 value, while a CIC (with support) a $1650 value. But if you prorate the MSRs to be equivalent, the CIC is worth $2200. With no annual fee.

Now, if you have the EXTRA spend, then I think the Venture X would be fabulous, because you have such a long time to hit MSR and you can put anything that would normally be low earning categories on it.

I feel like I want to do the Venture X because of FOMO, but that it maybe doesn't make that much sense for me? I'm really tired of the high annual fees and trying to juggle getting those to wash out.

For me, I'm not ruling the Venture X out and might end up with it because I need a card without foreign transaction fees that will work well in Europe, but the simple SUB math says Chase is the way to go.
If you go for the Venture X, how much longer before you fall back under 5/24? If it's sometime next year then I guess I would skip it. But if you would be back at under 5/24 in just a few months, I would be inclined to go for it before the big signup goes away. I'm thinking of getting DH a Venture X before the 14th and that will put him at 5/24 until June, but that's not so far away at this point in my view. I'm kind of meh about putting actual spend on this card long term though since it only gets 2% on everything so whether or not I'll hold onto it is a bit of a question mark, and that's my hesitation about trying for one for DH.

Are you assigning 1.5cpp for Venture X based on transfer partners? Because if you're using it to erase travel purchases it's really only 1 cpp.

I remember the AApocalypseā€¦ I now feel ancient and sad and donā€™t want to remember anymore šŸ˜‚ Anywho I cannot imagine all my eggs in one basket after getting hit by both of those myself. Nobody fathomed AA shutting down accounts and cancelling tickets mid-trip until it happened.
That really sucked for everyone that had tickets canceled.
But can I say it really has opened up lots of award tickets. I was able to get Saaver flights for our Paris return flight over Thanksgiving break. That wouldnā€™t have been possible when everyone was on the trAAin.

Any parking recommendations for O'hare? Last time we parked in one of the airport owned parking lots and it was a disaster- took nearly an hour for the shuttle to pick us up. I swore never again.

That really sucked for everyone that had tickets canceled.
But can I say it really has opened up lots of award tickets. I was able to get Saaver flights for our Paris return flight over Thanksgiving break. That wouldnā€™t have been possible when everyone was on the trAAin.
Maybe but the blow up started holidays 2019 and rolled right through until about Covid kicking off so I think odds are better the availability of award space now has more to do with changes in travel demand stemming from the pandemic than trAAin riders being derailed.

If you go for the Venture X, how much longer before you fall back under 5/24? If it's sometime next year then I guess I would skip it. But if you would be back at under 5/24 in just a few months, I would be inclined to go for it before the big signup goes away. I'm thinking of getting DH a Venture X before the 14th and that will put him at 5/24 until June, but that's not so far away at this point in my view. I'm kind of meh about putting actual spend on this card long term though since it only gets 2% on everything so whether or not I'll hold onto it is a bit of a question mark, and that's my hesitation about trying for one for DH.

Are you assigning 1.5cpp for Venture X based on transfer partners? Because if you're using it to erase travel purchases it's really only 1 cpp.
I would be 5/24 for about 6 months. I'd kind of like to try to squeeze in a CIU/CIC app at right about the same time, but that's pushing my velocity with Chase. I'm also really interested to see what the SUB is on the IHG biz card, but that doesn't launch until 3/24. My timing just is not lining up. I am not usually indecisive.

I guess one of the blogs assigned the Venture X at something like 1.7cpp, but I tend to be more conservative. Yes, I think I'd use it for transfer partners rather than erasing purchases.

If I went for a CIC/CIU and then within minutes apped for the Venture X, does C1 see that credit inquiry from just a few minutes ago? I know things update FAST now! I've never done two apps in the same day, so this would be totally new territory for me.

Ok so I recently had a DP of getting a $250 Retention offer on the AMEX Delta Gold Biz Card. (Annual fee $99). What is weird is that shortly after I did that - I got an email congratulating me on my Delta Platinum. So, I was worried that they switched me to the Platinum from the Gold. Went online into DH's account and stills shows as Gold and was only charged the $99 annual fee and shows a $126 statement credit.

Well now I just got an email that says "Thanks for renewing your AMEX Delta Platinum Card - here is your companion pass". DH does not have the platinum and email is showing my Delta #.

I upgraded in August from Gold to Platinum for 50,000 points. Annual fee has not come due on that. (Assuming it is now based on when I upgraded and not when the original card was). I am very confused...

Will your DH be staying? Do you need the stay credit under him? The way I see it, the note that you'll be checking in first might work fine, but why risk it when you don't need to.

I assume they can gift an FNC with a reservation attached. I'll need to do this, but haven't called yet.
No DH isn't actually staying..... I don't need any credits under his acct, I think I'll do the call anyway tho-thanks

I would be 5/24 for about 6 months. I'd kind of like to try to squeeze in a CIU/CIC app at right about the same time, but that's pushing my velocity with Chase. I'm also really interested to see what the SUB is on the IHG biz card, but that doesn't launch until 3/24. My timing just is not lining up. I am not usually indecisive.

I guess one of the blogs assigned the Venture X at something like 1.7cpp, but I tend to be more conservative. Yes, I think I'd use it for transfer partners rather than erasing purchases.

If I went for a CIC/CIU and then within minutes apped for the Venture X, does C1 see that credit inquiry from just a few minutes ago? I know things update FAST now! I've never done two apps in the same day, so this would be totally new territory for me.

I always get a notification of the inquiry right away, so I think Cap1 would see it too. I would do Cap1 first. DH was denied for the Venture a few years ago and I suspected the inquiry he had the day before had something to do with it (but of course who knows).

Chase wouldn't know you're 5/24 after the Venture X until Cap1 reports it. I wonder if that would be after first statement close.

Maybe but the blow up started holidays 2019 and rolled right through until about Covid kicking off so I think odds are better the availability of award space now has more to do with changes in travel demand stemming from the pandemic than trAAin riders being derailed.
Yeah, you are probably right. My situation also probably had to do with the strict COVID restrictions Frances had in place. I think I snuck in my purchase just in time, I booked a couple of days after France announced their changes.

Any parking recommendations for O'hare? Last time we parked in one of the airport owned parking lots and it was a disaster- took nearly an hour for the shuttle to pick us up. I swore never again.
Weā€™ve used Preflight parking. Good bus to the terminals. On return, they pick up at the bus center. A little inconvenient but better than the ORD lots.

I upgraded in August from Gold to Platinum for 50,000 points. Annual fee has not come due on that. (Assuming it is now based on when I upgraded and not when the original card was). I am very confused...
The due date of the AF doesnā€™t change when you upgrade/downgrade. Amex will do fancy math at some point after the change and do a prorated refund of the old AF for the months you didnā€™t use and a prorated charge of the new AF for months you had the ā€œnewā€ card. The full new AF will be charged once you hit the accountā€™s originally established renewal date.

The due date of the AF doesnā€™t change when you upgrade/downgrade. Amex will do fancy math at some point after the change and do a prorated refund of the old AF for the months you didnā€™t use and a prorated charge of the new AF for months you had the ā€œnewā€ card. The full new AF will be charged once you hit the accountā€™s originally established renewal date.

Thanks. I will keep an eye on it. Have not been charged anything lately (can't remember what I paid back in August when I did the change).

Has anyone purchased Disney GC through a Cap1 shopping offer and had it track for GC? T&C say GCs are not allowed but ... I'm seeing 5% rn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter