I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A benefit of the Chase IHG card says "Platinum Elite and Spire Elite Members will be offered a complimentary upgrade, as determined by the hotel, which might include rooms on higher floors, corner rooms, newly renovated rooms, or rooms with preferred views. The upgrade will be offered at time of check-in, subject to and based on availability, and will only apply to the Member's personal guest room. The hotel is not required to upgrade Members to suites or specialty rooms."

Does anyone have any experience with this? We aren't planning any elaborate trips, but it seems like every place that we look at, only the standard 2 queen rooms are available with points, but are almost always rooms available with more options (ie rooms with pullout couches). We have a 13 year old boy who hates sharing a bed with anyone (especially 7 year old sis). And I get it. Teen years are weird. So we try to accommodate him with his own bed whenever we can, but 2 queens doesn't allow us to do it. We are going on a bit of a road trip for spring break and bought an air mattress for times we have a 2 queen room. But I'm wondering if it is typical to actually get an upgrade? Do you ask for it or is it just given? Do you get upgrades when booked with points or only when paying with IHG card?
Editing to add, I'm talking like a holiday inn in Ohio, nothing even remotely fancy or in high demand.
I did search the forum but didn't see the info I was looking for. Thanks in advance!

I'd call your vet and see what dose of children's benedryl the pup can have. Then I'd see if that works before you fly home. It didn't make dude sleepy but dis help his seasonal allergies. The vet prescribed something else I'd give him before we'd fly. I was worried he'd bark or have issues, esp since we were going clt to sea. It just kept him calm. I'd pull him out and people were surprised I had a dog. They'd give me enough for the trip we were taking rather than a lot.
That’s what I’ve done for my older dog. But I give the puppy Bonine because of motion sickness so I was worried about mixing them. I definiteky need to call the vet and ask. And once she created a huge whole in the bag she was fine. :rotfl2:
First trip to Culver’s is complete., note to self: a regular concrete is ginormous,

A benefit of the Chase IHG card says "Platinum Elite and Spire Elite Members will be offered a complimentary upgrade, as determined by the hotel, which might include rooms on higher floors, corner rooms, newly renovated rooms, or rooms with preferred views. The upgrade will be offered at time of check-in, subject to and based on availability, and will only apply to the Member's personal guest room. The hotel is not required to upgrade Members to suites or specialty rooms."

Does anyone have any experience with this? We aren't planning any elaborate trips, but it seems like every place that we look at, only the standard 2 queen rooms are available with points, but are almost always rooms available with more options (ie rooms with pullout couches). We have a 13 year old boy who hates sharing a bed with anyone (especially 7 year old sis). And I get it. Teen years are weird. So we try to accommodate him with his own bed whenever we can, but 2 queens doesn't allow us to do it. We are going on a bit of a road trip for spring break and bought an air mattress for times we have a 2 queen room. But I'm wondering if it is typical to actually get an upgrade? Do you ask for it or is it just given? Do you get upgrades when booked with points or only when paying with IHG card?
Editing to add, I'm talking like a holiday inn in Ohio, nothing even remotely fancy or in high demand.
I did search the forum but didn't see the info I was looking for. Thanks in advance!

When I went to the resort HI last summer I was upgraded to an extra large with more windows end unit and the hotel was full.

When I traveled in January and stayed in a Hi EX, I was not upgraded that I know of although I was in a newly renovated room, but everyone else may have been also, as I sort of assumed the unrenovated rooms were under construction and not open to guests.

Usually I get what I book even with the IHG card and the fakey platinum status, although they always call attention to the status.

It might be worth calling the hotel after you book what is available, call during regular business hours and ask for what you need. Or, put your request on the reservation - there used to be an area to make requests, but not sure it's still there.

Stayed at a fairfield inn (marriott) over the weekend and could only book a 2 queen with points. Then, was offered a chance to 'upgrade' by using my suite night awards. Didn't bite as it wasn't a need for me, just us two. But thats where the 2 queen with sofa sleeper popped up as available. Wasn't offered it when we checked in. Could care less on that occasion but have enjoyed the larger room when we had 4 or 5.

Yes. At all Holiday Inn Express which is not a fancy hotel, we always get a room with a sofa bed in addition to whichever bed type we book’ which is a more expensive room. And when we stayed in a boutique chain in Chicago we got an upper floor River view room instead of the basic standard room that was the free nights.

I've never gotten an upgrade. I try to find suites only hotels and/or pack an air mattress. This is the one card I keep wanting to get rid of, but it's pretty useful when I just need one night for a softball tourney.

Yes. At all Holiday Inn Express which is not a fancy hotel, we always get a room with a sofa bed in addition to whichever bed type we book’ which is a more expensive room. And when we stayed in a boutique chain in Chicago we got an upper floor River view room instead of the basic standard room that was the free nights.

You know, I did get a room with a sofa bed in January! I had forgotten, but now remember the grands dumping a whole backpack of toys all over it and the coffee table.

This is 4/24, right?

Sep 2020 CFF
Oct 2020 Bonvoy Boundless
Jan 2021 SW Performance
June 2021 CSP (MDD)
June 2021 CSR (MDD
Oct 2021 AmEx Hilton Honors Bus
Jan 22 CIC

This is 4/24, right?

Sep 2020 CFF
Oct 2020 Bonvoy Boundless
Jan 2021 SW Performance
June 2021 CSP (MDD)
June 2021 CSR (MDD
Oct 2021 AmEx Hilton Honors Bus
Jan 22 CIC

Just a reminder that once you hit 5/24, it locks you out of Chase business cards and personal cards until you come back under 5/24, so in your case September 2022. I feel like once you are 4/24, you have to be extra strategic in planning your next steps.

Just a reminder that once you hit 5/24, it locks you out of Chase business cards and personal cards until you come back under 5/24, so in your case September 2022. I feel like once you are 4/24, you have to be extra strategic in planning your next steps.
Thank you, I thought that was the case. I am 1.5 years into this hobby and successfully covered a huge chunk of my Europe trip coming up in August. With limited spots now, I am now in a new phase of the hobby where I have to be careful about using slots while planning strategically for the next couple of years' travel needs.

My goal now is earning my '23-'24 SW CP early next year, so I will make sure I save slots for those cards in Nov-Jan. I also need to start earning points for business class tickets for 2 to HI next summer. Anyone have advice about which airlines are best for getting bus class seats to HI on pts? I am in the southeast, but could reposition on SW so I am open to any airlines. And also, are there any cards available when you hit 5/24?

Just a quickie post as we're off to the championship finals in hockey today! EKKKK!

I see my federal tax return posted. That will be used to pay off the plumbing fiasco before Christmas. I've been floating it on a 0% card. It's nice to pay it and not dip into savings. And I should be able to pay down/off all the cards (all 0%) I've been floating other things on; hockey tournament hotel, summer flights, etc. I had the money in savings, but I wanted to try attacking it w/o dipping in.

The chase offers of 10% off office depot/Office max to 8 dollar maximum......Does anyone know
if it works for gift cards?
Yup! I've used it before.

I have been upgraded to a bigger room at a HI Express. I was also upgraded at the Kimpton in NOLA when we went for my bday. I emailed them and mentioned it was my bday and I was platinum and if there was any upgrades. We got a 2 room suite, and then they gifted me champagne and other goodies for my bday.

Thank you, I thought that was the case. I am 1.5 years into this hobby and successfully covered a huge chunk of my Europe trip coming up in August. With limited spots now, I am now in a new phase of the hobby where I have to be careful about using slots while planning strategically for the next couple of years' travel needs.

My goal now is earning my '23-'24 SW CP early next year, so I will make sure I save slots for those cards in Nov-Jan. I also need to start earning points for business class tickets for 2 to HI next summer. Anyone have advice about which airlines are best for getting bus class seats to HI on pts? I am in the southeast, but could reposition on SW so I am open to any airlines. And also, are there any cards available when you hit 5/24?

5/24 is a Chase rule, so you can get cards from other issuers when you're 5/24. I like to stay 4/24 for the most part though and continue getting Chase business cards. Occasionally I'll go to 5/24 for a good SUB if one is dropping off soon or I feel I need to lay off Chase for awhile anyways.

Was there a card in particular that's making you think you want to go to 5/24?

so...... helping my DS begin to plan a potential trip to Korea from the east coast.....hoping this summer sometime. he has some UR points to play with as a start-(he'll be visiting a friend) - I'd love to hear any and all advice about doing this with points....

5/24 is a Chase rule, so you can get cards from other issuers when you're 5/24. I like to stay 4/24 for the most part though and continue getting Chase business cards. Occasionally I'll go to 5/24 for a good SUB if one is dropping off soon or I feel I need to lay off Chase for awhile anyways.

Was there a card in particular that's making you think you want to go to 5/24?

Does this mean that if I am 4/24 I can keep getting business cards from Chase even if it puts me over 5/24?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter