I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
UberEats is the worst.
I concur! I had the free Uber Eats Pass through a CC last September. Reportedly, when they switched their program to Uber One, the previous program would be converted. But mine didn't convert and Uber won't do anything about it. They say I have to pay for Uber One.

So we only use Uber Eats once a month to use up mine and DH's Plat monthly credit (both cards are connected to my account and get applied to the one purchase). Otherwise, if we want something delivered we go through Doordash. Customer service has always been great with them imo.

I'm still waiting on the dang miles to post from AA when I jumped on the giftcards.com offer. UGH. I filled out the "missing miles" info. They said they now need to hear back from giftcards.com. Yay fun!

Also do you know the best way to link my daughter's reservation on AA to mine and my son? Twitter?

Nothing has changed other than Marriott finally acknowledging that a "free" night may not be without cost. Since there could be resort fees, parking charges, etc a rewards redemption isn't necessarily "free". So in advance of someone figuring out a lawsuit, they finally decided to adjust their language to be more accurate. I don't think this will change any other programs from doing what they've been doing or intend to do. I'm not sure it'll even change Marriott much, they've already added fees to redemptions with impunity so I don't think this small change will actually open the floodgates. If hotels wanted to charge a fee, whether or not they were allowed to, they did it and just let it ride until someone noticed anyway. Marriott just decided to embrace reality. Bonvoy!

I feel like this is just semantics and there's no real newsworthy story here. Call it a FNC or call it a Reward Redemption. At the end of the day, some Programs will charge resort/other fees and some will not. Some programs will do stay X nights, get 1 night free, while others will not. It's our responsibility to support the programs we find the most value in and try to maximize that value.

I feel like this is just semantics and there's no real newsworthy story here. Call it a FNC or call it a Reward Redemption. At the end of the day, some Programs will charge resort/other fees and some will not. Some programs will do stay X nights, get 1 night free, while others will not. It's our responsibility to support the programs we find the most value in and try to maximize that value.
I'm just bitter with Marriot because i feel other programs will go down this road I have 700+ lifetime nights with Marriot when I used to travel for work now in my head I feel like I made a bad choice. I think since marriot is so huge others will follow if this makes sense. Like when delta went to variable and within a year so did everyone else (in the us)

deleted original post....found the answer...but new question below

If I product change today a Chase Reserve to a Freedom will I still get the pending points for the Reserve? Not talking about a crazy amount (554 pending) but just curious.

Last edited:
I think the very end of that article has a very good point about booking through Chase or Cap one for Marriott would have more valuable points earned than booking direct with Marriott.

While high status people will probably still have a better return with Marriott anything that pushes people to not book direct can't be what Marriott is hoping for.

I'm just bitter with Marriot because i feel other programs will go down this road I have 700+ lifetime nights with Marriot when I used to travel for work now in my head I feel like I made a bad choice. I think since marriot is so huge others will follow if this makes sense. Like when delta went to variable and within a year so did everyone else (in the us)

I don't agree with that. Hyatt has gone to seasons or whatever they called it but it's still a set cost. I don't have to keep checking my booking hoping the points go down like I do Hilton.

Same with Alaska. They have their saver etc awarda but they generally dont change once it's set. Could it, yes but not to the extent SW or DL changes the point cost for a flight.

There are also still other airlines that have a fixed award cost even if they aren't legacy carriers. I don't see anything marriott does as a reason to worry. Neither Hilton or hyatt have started charging the fees marriott does and they could have by now.

it depends on your velocity afterwards and how your AAOA is currently. U can go for a Chase Biz and Chase Personal in the same month if u wanted, but your likely best to hold off for awhile afterwards... but in general, we recommend 1 chase card per 3 months if that will be a constant thing.
Thank you.

Well SW changed my return flight from Hawaii on 6/18. Flight time is fine, the problem is there is now only 1 flight leaving that day and it’s showing as unavailable…I just got my CP so I’m unable to add my DD to the reservation. I’m torn between holding out hope that a seat opens or messaging and asking if I can switch the flight to the day before or after.

They messed with so many of our flights this year, it's crazy. Since I have a CP, we were trying to take many small trips this year to take advantage. In one instance (trip to Phoenix), we were going for a long weekend but after the changes would only have 1 full day there so we just cancelled that trip. 🤷‍♂️

They messed up every one of my pre-pandemic flights right up to the night before... So I am holding a Hyatt reservation at MCO just in case as every flight out Saturday is pretty much full right now. So if they move it again without adding any flights it's going to have to change days. I don't have much faith in SW anymore.

Well SW changed my return flight from Hawaii on 6/18. Flight time is fine, the problem is there is now only 1 flight leaving that day and it’s showing as unavailable…I just got my CP so I’m unable to add my DD to the reservation. I’m torn between holding out hope that a seat opens or messaging and asking if I can switch the flight to the day before or after.
You should be able to change it on the website.

They messed up every one of my pre-pandemic flights right up to the night before... So I am holding a Hyatt reservation at MCO just in case as every flight out Saturday is pretty much full right now. So if they move it again without adding any flights it's going to have to change days. I don't have much faith in SW anymore.
It's too bad, they were my favorite for a long time! On balance, I must say I still appreciate no charge for luggage and the flexibility with changes and cancellations. But the main service is getting you places and they're not doing as well there as in the past...

Meanwhile, I asked for travel funds that expired two days ago to be made into a voucher and the agent said she would put it through but that I should expect it to be denied. The reason is that the funds have been used too many times (3 times) and they've extended the funds too much. I have trouble understanding the use of "extended" since each time something was cancelled it retained the original expiration. So the $160 that I was hoping to at least get $60 back may be $0 in the end 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter