I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just double checking, Amex is know to claw back, right? I hit my $1k spend on the Hilton Honors card and the points and FNC are in my hilton account. But I do have some returns going back. I'm guessing it's best to make sure I still clear the $1k in 3 mos, right?

I just got my IHG card in the mail this weekend. Time to hit that spend :)

When Southwest changed our flights for June I decided we would most likely have to cancel our quick WDW weekend. None of the airlines had decent flights times to make it worth going down for 2 days.
I listed my 2 nights at Poly dvc as a confirmed rental and told DH if no one rented we would just take the hit and pay for Spirit flights to not waste the dvc points.
3 days later someone rented it. Part sad we aren’t going to be at the Poly for my birthday but part relieved I don’t have to pash cash for 5 airline tickets and deal with all the crowds at WDW.
Now to start planning our Nov. WDW. I don’t think I’m going to be planning any short WDW weekends for awhile. The crazy flight changes make it impossible to get down and back quick.
Flights are so crazy expensive AND getting cancelled/delayed like crazy. I'm debating taking my 17yo to Vegas on Friday for BTS. I'd use my non-rev, she'd use a buddy pass. But the BF was quick to remind me that they have been cancelling like crazy still. My luck we'd get out there and get stuck.

I wish we had a branch near us. The closest one is 60 miles away lol
And I have like 5 within 10 miles, LOL. I've been w/ Chase, or one of the banks the acquired since birth, LOL. I have like 20 accounts, LOL.

And I have like 5 within 10 miles, LOL. I've been w/ Chase, or one of the banks the acquired since birth, LOL. I have like 20 accounts, LOL.
We live in the middle of nowhere (sort of). We really are about 10 min from town, but its a small town, maybe 20k. Our Walmart isn't even open 24 hrs lol. While I love the peace and quiet and living in a small school district, sometimes I hate not having many choices when it comes to stores and banks and such. Especially when it comes to deals that I miss, Like when OfficeMax/Depot has the chase offers but only in store.

Just double checking, Amex is know to claw back, right? I hit my $1k spend on the Hilton Honors card and the points and FNC are in my hilton account. But I do have some returns going back. I'm guessing it's best to make sure I still clear the $1k in 3 mos, right?

Always best to make up the spend with amex, esp when it'll be such a small amount.

Back from WDW. On the way there, our connecting flight was canceled due to weather and we had to overnight in Austin. If I'm being glass half full, I guess we got a mini side trip. We had some delicious BBQ at Terry Black's and then walked around in the park across the street. Saw the river and views of the skyline. It was stressful though. I love planning, but I realized that I'm not good with on the fly planning under pressure.

We had a prepaid car rental with Undercover Tourist, but Budget said they wouldn't hold our car over 24 hours unless UT contacted them. Tried to call UT when we realized we wouldn't make it, but it was after hours, so had to send them a message instead. They replied back the next day and said they would refund, so waiting on that. We ended up with no car, which turned out fine. Was at SSR for a week where the buses worked out well. Then moved to the HR Grand Cypress for 2 nights where we Ubered.

SW flight was with points, but put taxes on CSP. Just filed the travel delay claim. E-mailed SW to get the reason for the delay statement, hopefully that doesn't take too long. Booked the Hyatt near the airport for almost $300 when I could have done points for 6500. So hopefully the claim goes without a hitch. Another silver lining I guess - an extra elite night and some Hyatt points. Took an expensive surge pricing Uber to dinner. Put that in the claim, but I'm thinking they probably won't cover that.

2 hour delay on the way back, also connecting through AUS. Mechanical issue with the inbound flight. Didn't get home until after 1 am, but I guess it could be worse. There were other shorter delays too. Someone made an April Fool's joke that triggered some security thing. Pilot timed out and they had to get a new pilot in. Such is the state of travel these days. We'll need to fly to Orlando for a cruise later this year. Thinking I should book a non-stop this time. Which means not SW (unless they bring back the non-stops) even though we have 2 CPs.

ETA: Just saw the UT car rental refund, yay!

Last edited:
My new CIC was approved 4/2 and still hasn't arrived. Hoping it's here by 4/18 so I can make a large tax payment.
DH's did come today (approved same day as yours). We have already put over 2/3 of the MSR on it and I haven't even been to Staples yet. (Two week scuba trips to the Philippines are expensive!) DH wants to get the points in time to use for airfare for his August scuba trip, making up for lost time. It says next payment due May 23 so I am hoping statement will close Apr 28 or so.

Fortunately he had 2 other Chase biz cards so I could move CL around to get the new one up to $11,000. Will be closing the old CIC he has had for over a year.

We
DH's did come today (approved same day as yours). We have already put over 2/3 of the MSR on it and I haven't even been to Staples yet. (Two week scuba trips to the Philippines are expensive!) DH wants to get the points in time to use for airfare for his August scuba trip, making up for lost time. It says next payment due May 23 so I am hoping statement will close Apr 28 or so.

Fortunately he had 2 other Chase biz cards so I could move CL around to get the new one up to $11,000. Will be closing the old CIC he has had for over a year.
Mine thankfully came today. Time to pay Uncle Sam.

We are trying to get DS’s junior schedule together and he has the option to either take AP Comp or do dual enrollment at our local CC but the class would be at the high school. Any thoughts on the better option for his college transcript?

I looked at the same website and thought they looked good. I saw a studio at BLT for $300/night. Saw a boardwalk for less than $300/night
This makes me very grateful we were able to purchased DVC in 2001…since we wouldn’t be able to afford a Disney resort at those prices….we have a 3 bedroom villa at BLT booked for a week the end of September can’t imagine what those go for a night

Last edited:
40k for the personal cards is their low offer. Usually, it will go up to 65k multiple times per year. Would you consider business cards as a sole proprietor? The SW Biz cards are still at their normal 80k/60k with slightly higher spending requirements.

If you can get the in-branch CSP offer, I agree its the best one for your circumstances. But, not everyone is able to get that offer, so consider SW Biz as a backup.
Thank you for the info. We would stick with the personal card if going SW. sounds like CSP is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter