• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you.
No, no true or sort of business, so we don’t feel comfortable doing that.

Does it matter which Flex? I’ve heard with one benign a Visa, the credit card number doesn’t change if I do a product change…?? So should I apply for the MC one first to get the bonus?
All Flexes are MC, you can downgrade a CSP to either of the Freedom cards, the Unlimited or the Flex. The unlimited is a Visa.

Glad you were able to get an appt and it went smoothly for you! I was a little nervous but I think the only question I was asked about my biz was my gross revenue and how long I'd been in business. I do have an existing personal WF acct and she did say that made the set up much easier

I was fine talking about my eBay business since I’ve been selling on there for over 20years but everything was very casual…she said she’s been opening 3 or 4 of these a day since it started….

He asked several questions in addition to those. I'm also a long time WF customer and even saw "High Value Customer" on his screen when he turned his monitor to show me something, lol. We just paid off our mortgage with them last year. But I had to be the first person to use the code based on his reaction and him reading the email closely.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can purchase the $1000 visa gift cards in a Simon Mall (not online). And if yes, what are the costs for the card?

Relatively new to AMEX and still learning the ropes. I know buying gift cards to meet an AMEX MSR is a no-no. What about relatively large GC purchases after you’ve gotten the SUB? When our Harris Teeter has 4x fuel points on GCs, I like to buy $1000 in Amazon GCs. Can I do that in one transaction on DH’s AMEX Gold and get the 4x on groceries or will that anger the AMEX gods?

Relatively new to AMEX and still learning the ropes. I know buying gift cards to meet an AMEX MSR is a no-no. What about relatively large GC purchases after you’ve gotten the SUB? When our Harris Teeter has 4x fuel points on GCs, I like to buy $1000 in Amazon GCs. Can I do that in one transaction on DH’s AMEX Gold and get the 4x on groceries or will that anger the AMEX gods?
It’s not a problem. I’ve used my AMEX cards routinely over the past couple of years for gift card purchases at the grocery store. I think AMEX is more likely to be concerned with patterns of abuse, not purchases that are likely a one off/genuine organic spend.

Hey y'all!

Wanted to get y'all's opinion on something! Southwest just changed my flight to one that has a 5.5 hour layover in Nashville.
Do y'all think I will have enough time to go to Broadway to grab some food/explore and head back? I'm worried about TSA and not sure how busy it normally is on a Sunday afternoon.

Add us to the list of the Southwest flight changes. Just had two fights change for July (in and out of MCO). Can someone give me advice on how best to modify flights that have been changed when a companion is involved? Do I have to call to not risk losing the companion flight? If I cancel the companion flight before modifying the rest of us, doesn't he lose his "free" change and risk not having a seat on the new flight?

Just popping back into say hi to everyone... where are all the little Disboards emojis???
Hi! :wave: Good to see you. Feel free to share any DLR tips as we will be there in 45 days!
Add us to the list of the Southwest flight changes. Just had two fights change for July (in and out of MCO). Can someone give me advice on how best to modify flights that have been changed when a companion is involved? Do I have to call to not risk losing the companion flight? If I cancel the companion flight before modifying the rest of us, doesn't he lose his "free" change and risk not having a seat on the new flight?
You can cancel the companion, modify your flight then add the companion back. Before doing so search for 2 seats on your desired route because the only time a companion can't be added is if there are no seats left at all. If there's a seat you can add a companion.

Hi! :wave: Good to see you. Feel free to share any DLR tips as we will be there in 45 days!

You can cancel the companion, modify your flight then add the companion back. Before doing so search for 2 seats on your desired route because the only time a companion can't be added is if there are no seats left at all. If there's a seat you can add a companion.
Yep, that was what I was referring to by risking the seat if it's gone by the time I rebook. 4 of us are on different itineraries so by time I get to the campanion I'd worry. They really need to allow people to modify flights with a companion attached. It's a PITA.

Hey y'all!

Wanted to get y'all's opinion on something! Southwest just changed my flight to one that has a 5.5 hour layover in Nashville.
Do y'all think I will have enough time to go to Broadway to grab some food/explore and head back? I'm worried about TSA and not sure how busy it normally is on a Sunday afternoon.
No idea about going to Broadway…but if there is a better flight that day you can switch to it at no additional charge

Thank you.
No, no true or sort of business, so we don’t feel comfortable doing that.

Does it matter which Flex? I’ve heard with one benign a Visa, the credit card number doesn’t change if I do a product change…?? So should I apply for the MC one first to get the bonus?
Apply for the one with the more attractive, to you, bonus then downgrade to the other. Then you will have one of each and all the options. I use CSP & CFF for bonus categories and CFU for anything that would be 1% with other cards. At least I get 1.5 for things like medical bills.
Yes if you downgrade CSP to CFF you will get a new number if that's a big deal to you. It wasn't a big deal to me.

Yep, that was what I was referring to by risking the seat if it's gone by the time I rebook. 4 of us are on different itineraries so by time I get to the campanion I'd worry. They really need to allow people to modify flights with a companion attached. It's a PITA.
I've never called but maybe that would help. I'm usually only booking 1 or 2 tickets plus CP and I've not had a problem with getting a seat. Pretty sure it's ANY seat so no matter if only Anytime or Business Select are available
Maybe try tweeting at them to ask for help. I find SW Twitter super helpful.

Hey y'all!

No idea about going to Broadway…but if there is a better flight that day you can switch to it at no additional charge

I would say no. The airport isn't really close to downtown and by the time you get out of the airport and then need to leave to come back in time to get through security again, you wouldn't have much time on Broadway. Is your layover during the day? We are in Nashville almost every weekend for other activities and I will admit that Broadway is the last thing I want to do there. So many other fun things to do.

I'd do what @palhockeymomof2 suggested and find a better flight.

I would say no. The airport isn't really close to downtown and by the time you get out of the airport and then need to leave to come back in time to get through security again, you wouldn't have much time on Broadway. Is your layover during the day? We are in Nashville almost every weekend for other activities and I will admit that Broadway is the last thing I want to do there. So many other fun things to do.

I'd do what @palhockeymomof2 suggested and find a better flight.

What all do you like to do in Nashville? I've only been once and it was for a work function, so we pretty much did broadway the entire time we were there, but we'd love to go back and see more of Nashville. We're about a 4.5 hour drive, so it would be a fun extended weekend trip!

@FreeDiningFanatic and whoever else booked japan trips can someone help me with some pro tips, everything im seeing on JAL and ANA is waitlisted. I know there were more but i think free dining did a review its been a while trying to plan this thanks in advance.

Agree it’s a pain….if there are a lot of seats left on the flight you want it shouldn’t be an issue to change…I’d change the person with the CP first, add back the companion…then change the others

Apply for the one with the more attractive, to you, bonus then downgrade to the other. Then you will have one of each and all the options. I use CSP & CFF for bonus categories and CFU for anything that would be 1% with other cards. At least I get 1.5 for things like medical bills.
Yes if you downgrade CSP to CFF you will get a new number if that's a big deal to you. It wasn't a big deal to me.
Thank you! The bonus is the same for both, which is why I can't decide. lol. I wasn't sure who should have which Freedom card. Can you transfer points from one person's Freedom to another person's Ultimate Rewards?

@FreeDiningFanatic and whoever else booked japan trips can someone help me with some pro tips, everything im seeing on JAL and ANA is waitlisted. I know there were more but i think free dining did a review its been a while trying to plan this thanks in advance.
I'm planning Japan summer 2023, I'm planning to book JAL via AA there and BA return. When are you planning to go?

I'm planning Japan summer 2023, I'm planning to book JAL via AA there and BA return. When are you planning to go?
same trip! lol, ana or jal (wherever I can find it ) I wanna go in first because I think it will be amazing.. either NYC or IAD to Tokyo. (been looking for avalibilty) I'm going to try to hit up the mouse and Mario land too but I have enough Hyatt points from CSR I can do it up live like im a points millionaire :) I want to see baseball too so after march 25 so basically a year from now I just don't think I'm searching correctly ANA looks to be a little bit better but when I look I see one on the way there just not on the way back. Sorry if I'm over-sharing been wanting to do this trip for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter