• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I really dislike SWA. Booked tickets to fly home from Atlanta after driving dd's car down with her. Booked a 3:15 PM flight on Sunday which they changed to 10 AM. I may just use URs to book on Delta. What am I supposed to do with my 300k RR points?

Last edited:
Not sure what to do here - DH applied for a CIC on 3/29/22. He received a message that said "We need to review your request a bit longer. We will let you know our decision as soon as possible". Well, I still haven't heard anything. I'm assuming it was denied, but I never received a denial and there's no info in his private messages or anything. I did check his credit score and there is an inquiry, so I know the application went through.

I don't know if I should just go ahead and apply for something else or what? DH will not want to call. I could try sending a PM to see if they will tell him anything about it, but at this point, I'm ready to do something. I've applied for a card for myself in the mean time, but we are ready for another lol!
Ugh that’s frustrating…from what I understand the letter wouldn’t be in PMs…it would be under statements and documents

Ugh that’s frustrating…from what I understand the letter wouldn’t be in PMs…it would be under statements and documents

I would have never seen that if you didn't post here. There was a letter in there dated 3/29/22 saying he needed to call in to verify that it was really him. We moved recently and I've noticed more verifications needed for some things.

It says if he doesn't contact them in 14 days they will not longer consider the application. So, since it's been 22 days, I guess the application is void and I just need to move on for something for him.

Thanks for your help!

Hello!
I have an old C1 card ( 20+ years) that I just received an upgrade offer for. I think I know the answer to this, but I just wanted to check - If I upgrade to Venture One this will not affect my X/24 status, correct? because it is the same card? will it still show as that 20 year credit history?

I already have the Venture X, so I am not concerned about not being eligible for the Venture One SUB - I will be gaining the ability to earn rewards points for this card.
thank you so much for your wisdom.
checking to see if anyone has insight on this?

OMG I really dislike SWA. Booked tickets to fly home from Atlanta after driving dd's car down with her. Booked a 3:15 PM flight on Sunday which they changed to 10 AM. I may just use URs to book on Delta. What am I supposed to do with my 300k RR points?
I hear you! We have mostly SWA flights booked this year. All but the one in November have had massive time changes so far. We've had to struggle to rearrange pet care, job schedules, car rental pickups, booked tours/experiences, etc. Last weekend we were supposed to be in Phoenix but since the flight there got changed from early morning to late at night, and the return was changed from late to early, it really squeezed how much time we were going to be able to spend there so we just cancelled. Denver trip in late May is still up in the air if DH isn't able to get approved to leave early from the the office so we can make it to our new, earlier flight. In September we're losing a day from our week in NoCal for the same reason. We were so excited to use our CP this year, but since we plan everything as far in advance as possible, the flight changes can be really problematic 😵

I sure hope SW gets it together by next year. They've been my favorite for a long time and I know there are a lot of challenges rn. I'm willing to stick it out but only for now...

Thanks to whoever posted about the Wells Fargo offer. I usually skip over the bank bonuses because the taxable aspect makes them not worth the hassle of opening and closing accounts but I did decide to do this one, and luckily downloaded the code pretty soon after it was posted here. I opened the account today and received some generic instructions about the bonus requirements but not a specific confirmation of the amount. But the banker who opened the account did say that the system accepted the code.

I have a dilemma that I am hoping some of you can offer some help with. Headed to London, Edinburgh and Dublin in less than 2 weeks (YAY!!!) with dd for her 20th birthday trip. I booked the Biltmore LXR in London on Hilton points and am super excited to stay here! For Edinburgh I booked the Sheraton Grand and used 6 suite night upgrades, hoping for a nice suite (kind of stupid since the stay is so long and it's over a Saturday night). Unfortunately all the suites have been booked and recent TA reviews indicate the hotel is showing its age. Plus I have no idea when I'll be able to use the SNUs this year if I don't use them this trip. Soooo I checked yesterday and the Glasshouse (Marriott) has rooms available at a decent price and they have a few suites that are still open for my dates. They don't have a lounge, which I doubt I'd use much, but other than that it looks good. Would you move your reservation? I can't tell if the hotel is nicer or if the location is better or worse than the Sheraton. Suggestions? Tagging our resident Edinburgh expert @calypso726! Location is important to me as I prefer to walk or take transit most places when I'm traveling.

In either case your a short walk from the Royal Mile. There's the possibility of a castle view room from the Sheraton. Perusing threads on blogs and Flyer Talk, the nod seems to go to the Sheraton. None the less both get excellent reviews. It seems like a coin toss to me until you consider application of SNU. There's no guarantee the hotel will apply the SNU, so keep that in mind. I've read some reports where SNUs are getting denied even though there is availability and the guest is Platinum or Titanium. There's seem to be better luck on SNUs if you book through FHR from what I recall reading. But at least at Glasshouse, there's a chance of the SNU. So excited for you! Gosh I want to go back again now!

Has anyone gotten an invite for this Ollo Optimum card yet? I can't find the catch, but it appears to be a very straightforward 2.5% cash back on everything with no AF. Trying to find a compelling reason why I shouldn't replace my Citi Double Cash with this one as a daily driver.

checking to see if anyone has insight on this?
It shouldn't change anything, your history should carry over to the new card. Whenever I've done PC's that's how it has worked, including with Cap1. I have a GM card that just switched issuers and it still has the complete history on it.
Has anyone gotten an invite for this Ollo Optimum card yet? I can't find the catch, but it appears to be a very straightforward 2.5% cash back on everything with no AF. Trying to find a compelling reason why I shouldn't replace my Citi Double Cash with this one as a daily driver.
Citi DC is now TYP instead of just cash, theoretically you can transfer them out instead of using them for CB.

@Texans_loyal I think 5 hours is enough to go and eat somewhere, but I wouldn't expect to spend a whole lot of time wandering down Broadway. I was in BNA last month, our hotel was right near the airport and it took us about 20 minutes to get downtown, sometimes a little bit more. If you know where you want to go, head straight there you should be fine. Unless you have to wait in line for Hattie B's, then you might run out of time.

ive had 2 930 delta flights change to 7am or before besides that its been crazy for schedule changes but hey another night at the hyatt mco :)

Annoyed with Chase travel and American Airlines. DS was supposed to fly in last weekend. His flight home was cancelled by AA. I got the UR points back for that flight. I called Chase travel to get points back for his return flight. Since he didn't make it home - no reason to keep return flight. Chase Travel told me to cancel AA flight and request refund through AA. AA sends email to contact the "travel agent." I call Chase back and they tell me I can get a travel credit (not UR points back) because it was booked at two separate one-way flights. I booked it as a round trip, but they disagree. I took the travel credit, but it is only good for DS and I don't think he will use it before it expires. Should I contact Chase in the hopes they will offer some URs? I really don't want AA points......Sigh.

(His GF was booked on the same two flights - paid for with cash and received a full refund for both flights.)

Annoyed with Chase travel and American Airlines. DS was supposed to fly in last weekend. His flight home was cancelled by AA. I got the UR points back for that flight. I called Chase travel to get points back for his return flight. Since he didn't make it home - no reason to keep return flight. Chase Travel told me to cancel AA flight and request refund through AA. AA sends email to contact the "travel agent." I call Chase back and they tell me I can get a travel credit (not UR points back) because it was booked at two separate one-way flights. I booked it as a round trip, but they disagree. I took the travel credit, but it is only good for DS and I don't think he will use it before it expires. Should I contact Chase in the hopes they will offer some URs? I really don't want AA points......Sigh.

(His GF was booked on the same two flights - paid for with cash and received a full refund for both flights.)

If you are sure you booked it as a round trip, then you should have documentation to that effect. It is possible that when the first flight was cancelled, they split the booking into two separate reservations so that the return could stand alone as a valid booking, and now it looks like two separate bookings to Chase.

If your original booking confirmation only has one reservation number and shows both outbound and return, then I would definitely be pushing for URs back.

If you are sure you booked it as a round trip, then you should have documentation to that effect. It is possible that when the first flight was cancelled, they split the booking into two separate reservations so that the return could stand alone as a valid booking, and now it looks like two separate bookings to Chase.

If your original booking confirmation only has one reservation number and shows both outbound and return, then I would definitely be pushing for URs back.
Thank you. How can I check this? In the chase travel portal? And who do I email? Chase SM?

I would call Chase Rewards, but pack your patience. Took me 3 calls (each time speaking with a supervisor) to get the UR they promised. It worked out and they were fair, just a wee bit incompetent it seems. I would not recommend trying to SM them for an issue like this as too much can get lost in translation.

Thank you. How can I check this? In the chase travel portal? And who do I email? Chase SM?

The starting point is ensuring you have the confirmation email from original booking - I assume that will show if you booked it as a round trip or two one ways. when I have booked flights through Chase Travel - I get an email detailing the booking and includes the Chase Confirmation # and also the confirmation numbers used by the airline - you use these to access your booking on the airline website to select seats etc.

So this information will tell you if you have a case to argue with Chase. As for who to call/email - I would assume Chase Travel would be the first call armed with your evidence, but I don't know how you would escalate if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter