• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing this offer. Wish there was a Sam’s Club nearby. Do they have enough online offerings to make the membership worthwhile?

i would say no because their base membership charges u shipping for all items... but i think they are the only warehouse that sells discounted Disney Gift Cards though so i guess if u need a lot of those, u can probably make it work. so really up to u...

That’s what I’ve heard from the school we live by. They get so many volunteers for in the class and field trips that I don’t think everyone can
This reply is not just for OP, just using the quote to continue the convo. Former elementary teacher here. Schools in the middle class/affluent areas often have this problem. However, there are LOTS of schools who desperately need help (I taught at one for 2 years). So consider volunteering at a school other than your own child's. Or do both! A few hours of time can make a big difference in one child's life. Also consider offering to volunteer at other places like adult day centers, senior centers, local food banks (still a big need in most communities post-COVID), etc.
Thanks I appreciate your response. I have logged in and out multiple times. I finally checked my UR account, and it still says the transfer is pending. I transferred some Hyatt points at the same time, and that was instant. Not sure what’s causing the delay.
I am having a weird tech system issue with my Southwest acct after I called and changed my CP designation last night. I wonder if SW is having some sort of tech issue(s)?
Sorry to hear about your experience. Yes, it’s very disappointing.

Have made about six transfers of UR points to Hyatt in the last three months. They’ve all taken at least a couple of days. Don’t know why this is happening. Heard that it’s supposed to be instantaneous. And have logged out and back in multiple times to see if it updated and it did not.
As another DP, I have transferred UR and bought Hyatt points twice recently and all 3 were instant. It is good to know that is not always the case for planning purposes.

This is very unusual. It has always been instant in my experience. Not sure if a call to Chase would help?

Logged in/out of Chase or SW? I would do both (I'm sure you probably did)
Fingers crossed they come through today and it works out.
Yeah I’ve tried everything 😟 I sent a SM to Chase earlier asking about the delay. Fortunately it’s not a critical trip. I was trying to book a quick Mother’s Day weekend getaway, but now it appears that won’t be happening. Yes, we could go another time, but kinda misses the point. I guess I’m just more surprised than anything. I thought for sure it would be an instant transfer. Disappointing.

Yeah I’ve tried everything 😟 I sent a SM to Chase earlier asking about the delay. Fortunately it’s not a critical trip. I was trying to book a quick Mother’s Day weekend getaway, but now it appears that won’t be happening. Yes, we could go another time, but kinda misses the point. I guess I’m just more surprised than anything. I thought for sure it would be an instant transfer. Disappointing.
Please let us know what the response is for the delay. I would also like to know.

Please let us know what the response is for the delay. I would also like to know.
Just received a response a few minutes ago. They see my request is currently pending and here’s the reply.

“While most process instantly, it may take up to seven business days to transfer successfully. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. We appreciate you being a Chase customer.”

😏

does anyone use Avios for AA booking? I had miles ages ago and never could figure how to book reward American trips. just got good offer, I think! (100,000 avios for 5k msr in 3 months)
only worth it if I can use it for AA flights as no plans to us BA in the next 2 years.

thanks

does anyone use Avios for AA booking? I had miles ages ago and never could figure how to book reward American trips. just got good offer, I think! (100,000 avios for 5k msr in 3 months)
only worth it if I can use it for AA flights as no plans to us BA in the next 2 years.

thanks

due to the uptick in traveling, im have been having a hard time finding any availability via BA for AA metal.

due to the uptick in traveling, im have been having a hard time finding any availability via BA for AA metal.
I know you’ve explained this before, but would you mind sharing again how you do a search? Ever since AA changed their website I can’t seem to see sAAver space anymore. Their old search function worked quite well, but now I don’t know of an easy way to find sAAver fares. Thank you!

I need to buy our UOR tickets for this June, and I want to use my DH's Cap One X to pay for it. From previous comments on this thread, it sounds like I should be able to use the $300 travel credit to "erase" part of the charge, is that right? Also, if I do that, when he gets the SUB, can I use those points to erase the rest of that charge? I've never had a Cap One card so I just want to make sure I understand how it works. Thank you!

I need to buy our UOR tickets for this June, and I want to use my DH's Cap One X to pay for it. From previous comments on this thread, it sounds like I should be able to use the $300 travel credit to "erase" part of the charge, is that right? Also, if I do that, when he gets the SUB, can I use those points to erase the rest of that charge? I've never had a Cap One card so I just want to make sure I understand how it works. Thank you!
I didn’t know they had UOR tickets on their travel portal. I used my $300 credit for one way airline tickets. I used my SUB to erase 5 nights at Sapphire Falls. What you are asking seems possible. If my referral points ever come through, I’m planning on using them to erase the rest of my airfare that I earned the credit on.

Correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that the $300 credit can only be applied towards bookings made on Capital One’s travel portal. If the UOR tickets are purchased from their portal, then the credit should apply. But if purchased separately, then the credit will not apply. Do they sell UOR tickets on the portal? That would be great if so.

My problem was the freezer--especially since I switched the dogs over to Farmer's Dog which sends me a month of food for two dogs at once that is kept frozen until use. Fridge never was an issue for me. But I'm a ketchup/bbq sauce only persion:) It's kind of crazy the garage fridge I got is basically the same size as the counter depth fridge (22 cubic feet). I really wish I didn't have to have counter depth, but even that barely fits in the space I have.
How do you like the Farmer’s Dog? Very tempted to switch Puggles to it.

How do you like the Farmer’s Dog? Very tempted to switch Puggles to it.
I'm very happy with it. My dogs won't do kibble only and I'm not a fan of canned. It's generally convenient and they both eat it (both are picky). The space it took up in the freezer did stress me out but that's no longer an issue!

And I still do some kibble (well technically it's Honest Kitchen Clusters). I've read that a completely grain free diet (which Farmer's Dog is) can possibly lead to heart issues.

I know "human grade" dog food is probably some meaningless marketing gimmick, but it makes me feel better:)

I didn’t know they had UOR tickets on their travel portal. I used my $300 credit for one way airline tickets. I used my SUB to erase 5 nights at Sapphire Falls. What you are asking seems possible. If my referral points ever come through, I’m planning on using them to erase the rest of my airfare that I earned the credit on.

Sorry, I should have said I want to buy the tix from UCT. I think that should still work though? If not, there's always the rest of our hotel stay I think I could use the SUB for.

I have a question about Cap One Quicksilver.... anyone have this card? I'm looking for ways to advise a friend who has it, they're interested in using it for some travel, but it's only a straight cashback,right? Is there a way to translate that into helping with travel costs? thanks....

DS’s last day of school keeps changing and now he is done on 5/27. Just booked Hilton Marco Island and HR Clearwater Beach for vacay. I figure it will be a nice drive up the Gulf since that is one of the areas we will considering for retirement. Plus DS can check out U of South Florida while we are there.
I would recommend UCF over USF any day of the week. I mean I am highly biased but just thought I would share. :)

I have a question about Cap One Quicksilver.... anyone have this card? I'm looking for ways to advise a friend who has it, they're interested in using it for some travel, but it's only a straight cashback,right? Is there a way to translate that into helping with travel costs? thanks....
I have that one, and it is only a straight 1.5% cash back card. I probably should close it since it only sees a yearly charge for a magazine subscription. I have the Cap One Venture X, and there's no reason to have the Quicksilver anymore.

I know "human grade" dog food is probably some meaningless marketing gimmick, but it makes me feel better

There's different levels of human grade food so I wouldn't necessary worry about it. I can't remember what the different levels usda uses liek prime cut etc, but unless they are using higher end it's probably not what most of us would eat.

I still remember how bad the dorm food was, I couldn't eat the meat it would make me sick. There was no worry in the freshman 15 since I lost weight. Ate lots of cereal, cheese quesadillas and grilled cheese those 2 years and only used all 10 of my weekly meal plan meals once. I always had some left.

I figure it's prob a little better than that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter