I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. It's making me really too stressed to travel abroad. My one friend is taking it in stride and using the time to walk around a beach town in Portugal. The one who was stuck in Milan was forced to stay in the hotel room (what a nightmare).
After traveling to London in March I am not willing to travel internationally anytime soon. The stress of worrying about testing and not being able to return gave me a literal migraine before we left. It hung over me towards the end of the trip wondering if we’d travel. I am a worrier and it was too much for me. Plus after 2 years of avoiding Covid, DH got it.

I did just get approved for a Chase card, but does anyone think this email I just got looks fishy? I don't have the card yet and I certainly haven't tried adding anything to my digital wallet recently.
1651449701400.png

I love it when US Bank runs a bank bonus because for anyone in their footprint it’s a great way to get a foot in the door for an Altitude Reserve! DoC has the bank bonus details here.

I think the AR is an underrated premium card. 3% on everything mobile payment! (Imho don’t buy Gift Cards, some people get by with it others get shutdown and there is NO reconsideration with US bank.) The main barrier to entry for an AR is being a US Bank client, and then 5/24ish.

Full disclosure it’s been a few years since my approval 😂…. but fwiw… I got my AR about 6 months after my bank account. I was 6/24 which is on the high end but I used the pre-approval tool when applying- it doesn’t guarantee approval but when I called to check on it a couple days after applying the banker mentioned he saw I was pre-approved and finalized the approval on the phone- so use that tool if offered!).

They’ve been fairly generous with retention bonuses but it varies person to person and is entirely decided by a computer. I went 3 years in a row with 10k pt retention offers until this year when I decided I actually want the card and paid the AF without a bribe 😝
Thanks for posting this; I may look into that AR card when my CSR renews later this year. I like having lounge access but the AR might be a cheaper way to get it. I recently did a U.S. Bank offer that was $500 because I already had one of their cards. In case anyone missed it when I opened my new acct, you can fund the new U.S. Bank checking acct with a credit card.

Thanks for posting this; I may look into that AR card when my CSR renews later this year. I like having lounge access but the AR might be a cheaper way to get it. I recently did a U.S. Bank offer that was $500 because I already had one of their cards. In case anyone missed it when I opened my new acct, you can fund the new U.S. Bank checking acct with a credit card.
Depending on how heavy you use PP it might not work out. AR PP is only 4 visits per year for the cardholder & 4 guest visits per year.

When we opened our US Bank checking account, they allowed us to fund maximum of $250 with a credit card.

I did just get approved for a Chase card, but does anyone think this email I just got looks fishy? I don't have the card yet and I certainly haven't tried adding anything to my digital wallet recently.
View attachment 666189

Interesting. 2 days after I was approved for a new Chase CC (had not received card yet), I received an email from Chase <no-reply@alertsp.chase.com> with the following message:

Your new credit card ending in XXXX is on its way, but you can add it to your digital wallet now and start using it to pay in stores, online and in merchant apps.​
To add the card to your digital wallet:​

•​
Sign in to the Chase Mobile® app.​

•​
Choose your new credit card.​

•​
Go to your digital wallet and then add your card.​
Once it's added, you can start using it right away. You may not be able to use your full line of credit until you verify that you've received your card in the mail.​
Download the Chase Mobile® app:​

Image of the Apple App Store logo
Image of the Google Play Store logo
For more information​
If you have any questions or believe you've received this message by mistake, please contact us.​

The new credit card was already showing up in my online account, but I was unable to add it to my digital wallet because it kept asking for an activation code that I never received. But your message from Chase did include an activation code, whereas mine did not.

I love it when US Bank runs a bank bonus because for anyone in their footprint it’s a great way to get a foot in the door for an Altitude Reserve! DoC has the bank bonus details here.

I think the AR is an underrated premium card. 3% on everything mobile payment! (Imho don’t buy Gift Cards, some people get by with it others get shutdown and there is NO reconsideration with US bank.) The main barrier to entry for an AR is being a US Bank client, and then 5/24ish.

Full disclosure it’s been a few years since my approval 😂…. but fwiw… I got my AR about 6 months after my bank account. I was 6/24 which is on the high end but I used the pre-approval tool when applying- it doesn’t guarantee approval but when I called to check on it a couple days after applying the banker mentioned he saw I was pre-approved and finalized the approval on the phone- so use that tool if offered!).

They’ve been fairly generous with retention bonuses but it varies person to person and is entirely decided by a computer. I went 3 years in a row with 10k pt retention offers until this year when I decided I actually want the card and paid the AF without a bribe 😝
Have you used your rewards to get the 50% boost in travel? Or used the hack to get 50% boost in cash back? And how is pricing on their portal versus others?

When I sold my rental house last year I had one offer that had a loan that would've had a stricter inspection to it. Might've been fha, I really can't remember. It was one of the 1st offers I got. We listed on a wed or thurs and my realtor was ready for me to pick from what I had on Fri but a couple people had scheduled showings for sat and I wanted to give them their time. We set a sat evening deadline for offers and I took one of those. It was more $. Others had more earnest money and while the one with the inspection had me a little concerned, I was concerened about any inslection, house was built in 1928. Had it been the best offer I'd have taken it.

Personally I wouldn't buy a house without an inspection and I get the reason for it, but if I was selling it's not what would make the offer more enticing. Money and closing time frame would be more important bit I also realize I'm probably way different than most.

I did get one letter and it turned me off cause it read like a form letter they used on all offers. That was annoying cause I was excited when she told me one sent a letter.

Good luck!
When we bought our home, we also had no inspection contingency. We didn't think we could get it otherwise with all the competition. But that didn't prevent us from getting a professional inspection anyway. We wanted to know any issues that we needed to address moving forward. We just couldn't use the inspection as a reason to back out.

That seems to be old advice. Many have been approved recently without freezing. DoC updated his page to read -

"US Bank

Reports indicate (1, 2) that US Bank does will not agree to pull a different report, even with a temporary PIN; you’ll have to unfreeze it on your end.

In the past, we’ve recommeded freezing two smaller credit reports (ARS and Sagestream) before applying for a US Bank credit card, though recently some report that making it harder instead of easier."

I'm not finding the exact DPs offhand right now because this was months ago, but I wouldn't bother with freezing anything as that jives with what I recall reading.

After traveling to London in March I am not willing to travel internationally anytime soon. The stress of worrying about testing and not being able to return gave me a literal migraine before we left. It hung over me towards the end of the trip wondering if we’d travel. I am a worrier and it was too much for me. Plus after 2 years of avoiding Covid, DH got it.
Yeah, we’re not leaning the country until this all settles down.

The idea of being stuck in another country, possibly confined to a single hotel room with 2 kids 10 and under, no control over food, and if you pass is through the family, who knows how long it could be before you could leave, not worth it.

There are plenty of things to see without leaving the country. We’re starting to do national park trips and they are wonderful so far.

Went for the first leg of MDD this morning and got "Thank you for your request" We need to review a little longer. Rather annoying after dropping all my CL and getting to 30% of income. Now I guess I just need to keep an eagle eye on if/when it is approved to do part 2.

Have you used your rewards to get the 50% boost in travel? Or used the hack to get 50% boost in cash back? And how is pricing on their portal versus others?
I use Real Time Rewards to get 50% bonus for travel. Used the bonus to cover a Disney hotel charge booked direct with Disney back in the day and after that I used it towards rideshares and redeemed whenever I get the text. Recently I’ve used RTR at 1.5x for some airline charges made direct with airlines.

You do need to go into the rewards section and enable RTR and set your categories. I made sure only 1.5x eligible cats were enabled and I enabled all of them to trigger with as low a charge as possible (I think hotel was the highest so only used that one time). Do watch your math. The charge needs to be able to be fully covered to trigger RTR text offer.

I’ve never messed with their travel portal as RTR means I can book direct.

Just curious what you’re referring to as the hack for 50% cash back? Just want to make sure I’m not missing out on something. I do use PYB for dining that I would’ve purchased anyway and put that toward travel costs. Is that what you mean? Thanks

Yeah, we’re not leaning the country until this all settles down.

The idea of being stuck in another country, possibly confined to a single hotel room with 2 kids 10 and under, no control over food, and if you pass is through the family, who knows how long it could be before you could leave, not worth it.

There are plenty of things to see without leaving the country. We’re starting to do national park trips and they are wonderful so far.
We agreed if only 1 adult tested positive they would remain & the other would return. If those negative remained confined with a positive, more likely they would get it, thus extending the trip. In UK, I found no restrictions saying if you tested + you needed to confine to hotel room, but it was still too stressful for me.

I use Real Time Rewards to get 50% bonus for travel. Used the bonus to cover a Disney hotel charge booked direct with Disney back in the day and after that I used it towards rideshares and redeemed whenever I get the text. Recently I’ve used RTR at 1.5x for some airline charges made direct with airlines.

You do need to go into the rewards section and enable RTR and set your categories. I made sure only 1.5x eligible cats were enabled and I enabled all of them to trigger with as low a charge as possible (I think hotel was the highest so only used that one time). Do watch your math. The charge needs to be able to be fully covered to trigger RTR text offer.

I’ve never messed with their travel portal as RTR means I can book direct.
So that is how you use all your points with the RTR feature?

I've been looking for a new bank bonus, so maybe the US Bank one. I see you have to DD $5k for the $400 bonus. Is there a timeframe? I also read on DOC that transfers are working to meet the $5k as well. If I wanted to fund w/ a CC (I have the IHG Biz I'm working on the SUB for), can I use any CC?

What are the rules on getting a 2nd SUB for a Chase business card. Is it 24 months since your last bonus on that card? Also, if I PC'ed to a particular card, is there then a waiting period before I can get the bonus on that card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter