• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the rules on getting a 2nd SUB for a Chase business card. Is it 24 months since your last bonus on that card? Also, if I PC'ed to a particular card, is there then a waiting period before I can get the bonus on that card?
Seems most are doing about every 3 months for cards such as CIC or CIU.

Some are also keeping these no annual fee cards and not canceling them. The CIC gets 5% at office supply up to (I think) it's 25K. Anyone, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Quite different from personal UR cards or cards from hotel, airline, etc.

But keep in mind stuff can change rules whenever.

Any recommendations for hotel near the Miami cruise port? Preferably Marriott as I am floating in FNC that expire in June.

I am looking for the same thing for December Cruise. Might as well use my Free Night Certificates. I think we can now use some points with the Free Nights also. When I was kind of looking the nights I wanted were 37,000 and of course the certificates are for 35,000. So, it will nice to combine the free nights with some points to make it work. Let me know if you come up with a hotel. We are looking for something by Bayside so there will be things to walk to and do.

What are the rules on getting a 2nd SUB for a Chase business card. Is it 24 months since your last bonus on that card? Also, if I PC'ed to a particular card, is there then a waiting period before I can get the bonus on that card?
Agree with @Judique you can pace yourself every 3 months for a Chase biz card as long as you're under 5/24. It's not a hard rule but rather a guideline. Also keep on eye on credit limits.
My DH has a CIU and CIC and was approved for another CIU last week.

Found a Best Buy Chase offer on one of DH's cards - 10% off up to $25 off expires in June. Only found it on one card of his, none of mine and none of our biz's so not sure how prevalent this offer is. I was hoping to find it on multiple cards.
We have it on two cards. Has anyone done multiple online orders to get to the $250 total?

We have it on two cards. Has anyone done multiple online orders to get to the $250 total?

It should work as the terms is this "Earn 10% back on all of your Best Buy purchases, until a $25.00 back maximum is reached." It's not one of those one time use only deals.

It should work as the terms is this "Earn 10% back on all of your Best Buy purchases, until a $25.00 back maximum is reached." It's not one of those one time use only deals.
I should have specified, multiple gift card orders, sorry. Wanted to make sure online gift card orders went through OK.

Has anyone tried to get Marriott free night certificates from 2021 extended?

I have 2 that expire end of June that were issued May and June of 2021. I would like to use them in August.

I know the 2020 certificate won’t be extended, but I would like to get the 2021 extended if possible.

DH has an offer on his AmEx Plat card to add an AU and get 20,000 points when they spend $2000. He had this last year too and added DS. Can he add him again? We really don't have anyone else to add. Our older girls are now applying for their own cards. Although I don't think they are to the point they need to worry about 5/24 status, I still hate to mess with their credit reports with anything I might do.

Thanks!

So DH can’t go on the trip next weekend, problem is that DD is booked as his companion, flights are ridiculously expensive. Anyway to keep her companion flight, could she still use it even if DH doesn’t fly? We wouldn’t cancel DH’s ticket, thankfully I booked everything as one way flights

Just curious what you’re referring to as the hack for 50% cash back? Just want to make sure I’m not missing out on something. I do use PYB for dining that I would’ve purchased anyway and put that toward travel costs. Is that what you mean? Thanks
There are a number of data points on this. Here's one mention about getting the 50% bonus cash back with the RTR feature:

It's around the 7:55 mark.

So DH can’t go on the trip next weekend, problem is that DD is booked as his companion, flights are ridiculously expensive. Anyway to keep her companion flight, could she still use it even if DH doesn’t fly? We wouldn’t cancel DH’s ticket, thankfully I booked everything as one way flights

I seem to recall reading something that says this will not work - not sure exactly how SW tracks it.

Don't know if SW would entertain a name change on DHs ticket to DD. Not sure what else you could do other than cancel/rebook.

I am looking for the same thing for December Cruise. Might as well use my Free Night Certificates. I think we can now use some points with the Free Nights also. When I was kind of looking the nights I wanted were 37,000 and of course the certificates are for 35,000. So, it will nice to combine the free nights with some points to make it work. Let me know if you come up with a hotel. We are looking for something by Bayside so there will be things to walk to and do.
I am ended up booking the JW Marriott Miami on Brickell Ave. it was 34k points. Our flight doesn’t land until 11 pm so we are basically sleeping there and heading to the ship the following day. I booked The Confidante for one night when we return from the cruise. I might book a Marriott backup just to use some of these FNC.

Does anyone know what perks platinum gets at JW?

Can someone help me with the details of using the AmEx plat to purchase Clear (the link on my AmEx account is not working). Is this one of those things that I need to enroll in first, or just pay with the plat? Anything else I should know?

I've been looking for a new bank bonus, so maybe the US Bank one. I see you have to DD $5k for the $400 bonus. Is there a timeframe? I also read on DOC that transfers are working to meet the $5k as well. If I wanted to fund w/ a CC (I have the IHG Biz I'm working on the SUB for), can I use any CC?
My offer was DD min within 60 days. Not sure if the current offer is the same.

Can someone help me with the details of using the AmEx plat to purchase Clear (the link on my AmEx account is not working). Is this one of those things that I need to enroll in first, or just pay with the plat? Anything else I should know?
Just go to Clear and sign up and pay using your Plat. And wait for the AmEx credit.

Just go to Clear and sign up and pay using your Plat. And wait for the AmEx credit.

I did this last week and got a $75 uber voucher when I signed up for Clear. Pretty good deal if it's still working.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/clear-get-75-uber-voucher-on-signup-free-with-platinum-card/

Thanks! The Uber credit, plus possibly cancelling or downgrading my plat soon, so I wanted to get this done ASAP, and of course the link explaining the benefit on the AmEx account wasn't working . . .

Anyone use the CSR $300 travel credit to buy a Marriott gift card? Would that work? I’m going to downgrade my CSR when the AF hits, which was 6/1 last year, so I need to use the travel credit ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter