I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there only certain hotels that chase points can be used for? Is there a list for this somewhere?

The Chase travel portal has most hotels. Disney hotels are very specifically blocked, including Swan and Dolphin. I do see the Swan Reserve though (for now anyways).

For transfer partners, Hyatt is the best deal. IHG and Marriott are usually not worth transferring unless you're just topping off. They all transfer at 1:1 from URs. For example, the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress is 12k, 15k, or 18k depending on peak/non-peak or regular rate. Plus resort fees are waived on points stays.

I'm thinking of using UR points to get DS a new phone. He has an XR and broke the screen and needs a new battery. I'm not sure I want to put $250 into a three-year old phone.

The United card is such a no brainer:

- Free bag for you and companion
- two free lounge access tickets a year
- discounts off food on the flight

I fly at least 6/7 times a year so this is a total no brainwr even after the first year fee of $95

Planning to combine 5 nights at WDW with 3 nights in PHX next March for my "I need to thaw out" trip. Makes more sense than doing two long weekends close together. It means a flight on AA which is the only airline (I don't count frontier) that flies non stop between the two. Logged into my AA account and found I have 16k in miles, so enough for a saver fare :) Just need to decide what week I want to go. Most of those are US Air miles from when I lived in NC.

I had started typing up a post asking which was better for a "biz" barclays or citi in case I wanted to go that route. Happy to find a use for them.

If you really want to stay onsite, and getting tickets with points would help, the Cap One Venture miles can be used for tickets, if you purchase through Undercover Tourist. If neither of you have ever had a Cap One card, one of you could get one, and then refer the other. It's not quite as many points as going the chase route for UR's but it would help.
bonus is currently 60000 miles with a $3k spend, and it's 2x on each dollar, so 66000 total. This is $660 worth of tickets from UCT. I believe the support is 10000 miles. BUT you only get that if the other person has never had a Cap One card.
Referral bonus is 25,000 for VX which is pretty good.

I'm thinking of using UR points to get DS a new phone. He has an XR and broke the screen and needs a new battery. I'm not sure I want to put $250 into a three-year old phone.
Perfect timing. I just saw on reddit an article that was posted about a bonus promotion for doing just this. https://9to5mac.com/2022/05/02/chase-apple-points-promo/

Chase has announced it is once again offering a bonus for cardholders when they redeem their Ultimate Rewards points for Apple products. The promotion is similar to ones Chase has run in the past, offering an up to 50% bonus, which starts today ang goes until the end of the month.

Here are the details on this promotion:

• Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Freedom Flex, and Freedom Student: Points are worth 10% more
  • Ink Business Cash, Ink Cash and Ink Business Unlimited: Points are worth 10% more
  • Ink Business Preferred and Ink Plus: Points are worth 25% more
  • Sapphire Preferred: Points are worth 25% more
  • Sapphire Reserve: Points are worth 50% more
  • JPMorgan Reserve: Points are worth 50% more

I would agree with the Venture X recommendation. I am still earning my SUB and the portal has some quirks, but there are some other features of the portal I like, such as its fare predictor tool. I think there are some suppport links on dischurners if you need one.

I too play only really in the Chase and Amex sandbox, besides the one Capital One card. If you haven't tried all the tricks with pop up jail, like using support links, not using support links, incognito mode, etc, that might be an avenue to try.

If you don't come up with better options, I think you could also try for a Chase biz card on like 5/23. That gives you 30 days and the worst that happens is that you're denied right? Of course, if you have no other option.

When I have needed a new SUB and couldn't go for a Chase or Amex, I've filled in cards from BoA, Citi, and US Bank. There's several options that give $500 SUBs. I usually check the doctor of credit best credit cards list to see if there's anything interesting. It separates out by biz and personal cards. Not sure if you want to go over 5/24 for $500 sub, but I think that list is a good resource to check periodically. Hope that helps!

Part 2 of MDD complete with Auto Approval this morning! That was so much easier. I feel like I can relax now lol.

Not thrilled this morning that Cosmic Rewind was announced as Boarding Groups only.....that kind of wipes out my early entry plan (good neighbor hotel) for the first weekend in June. I doubt there will be any reasonable return times by the time non Disney resort guests can grab them....hopefully we can get lucky with a good boarding group.

How many of you would go ahead and transfer points to British Air even though your booking window doesn't open for 65 days?
I want to take advantage of the Amex to BA transfer bonus.

I plan to, but then I can always find a use for BA Avios.

I guess it depends how confident you are that you will be able to use them. I am finding that award availability in Business seems to be a lot less recently, but I am quite happy to use Premium Economy.

How many of you would go ahead and transfer points to British Air even though your booking window doesn't open for 65 days?
I want to take advantage of the Amex to BA transfer bonus.

I would worry release patterns would change, but still end up deciding to do it. The reward outweighs the risk I think.

I plan to, but then I can always find a use for BA Avios.

I guess it depends how confident you are that you will be able to use them. I am finding that award availability in Business seems to be a lot less recently, but I am quite happy to use Premium Economy.
I would worry release patterns would change, but still end up deciding to do it. The reward outweighs the risk I think.
Thanks for reassuring my thought process.
I figure that we should be able to use them, even if we settle for premium economy.

I posted a few days ago about not receiving notifications and now I've really messed up my account lol! So - I started a new one. I tried changing my email address to see if it would send notifications to my work email (which I would have been fine with), but the confirmation email never came so I now can't do anything in my old account! So, apparently, for whatever reason, that account isn't sending any kind of external notifications out.

So, I'm going from ski_mom to newski_mom lol!

I did get the confirmation email for this account, so hopefully now I'll be able to receive regular notifications as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter