• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI on Chase UR between household members-my husband was able to get Chase to move his UR's to my balance via SM... no phone call! Yay!

I haven't looked yet at his account to see if mine shows up there for future transfers, but I am guessing he is going to close his card next month anyway so possibly moot.

What/How exactly did the message go on this and any update on if his account is now there for future transfers? I want to link back up for my Player 2 for my new sapphire reserve and don't want her to have to talk to anyone.

What/How exactly did the message go on this and any update on if his account is now there for future transfers? I want to link back up for my Player 2 for my new sapphire reserve and don't want her to have to talk to anyone.
I merged my biz and personal into 1 login (the biz one) and merged DHs also. Somehow magically I was able to link our accounts after that. YMMV.

I merged my biz and personal into 1 login (the biz one) and merged DHs also. Somehow magically I was able to link our accounts after that. YMMV.

Both my and P2 personal / biz are linked...although not to each other if that makes sense? Basically for all of my accounts (personal+biz) it is one login and for all of P2 it is a separate login. Are you saying one login shows both P1 and P2?

Both my and P2 personal / biz are linked...although not to each other if that makes sense? Basically for all of my accounts (personal+biz) it is one login and for all of P2 it is a separate login. Are you saying one login shows both P1 and P2?
No but somehow once I merged my biz/personal, I was able to link to DHs. Can't recall now how, sorry. There's still no option to link your DW for any of her accounts?
ETA maybe it was after I SM'd and this time it stuck. Prior to merging personal/biz, I had to call every single time.

I have been so busy the last 2 months with work and life that I haven't had time to read this Thread. I had it open to page 158 FOREVER and have been meaning to skim the posts to catch up.

Today I looked and we are now on page 252 and decided that I don't have a few hours to skim and catch up! Lol.

So, I think I'm ready for another card to meet some MSR coming up. Was thinking of a hotel card. Open to other types too. Have the Sapphires already.

Any good SUBs available recently? TIA!
If you are good with Business cards, the Barclay AA Biz has a high SUB, 80K miles. I can't recall if you were part of the bAAn.

Also, Chase redid their IHG hotel cards, the personal and Biz have subs of 140K.

Did you call or SM to do that? I can't move points from my biz to my Sapphire without help so was thinking of merging.

No but somehow once I merged my biz/personal, I was able to link to DHs. Can't recall now how, sorry. There's still no option to link your DW for any of her accounts?
ETA maybe it was after I SM'd and this time it stuck. Prior to merging personal/biz, I had to call every single time.
Holy Hannah, that worked!!! I had merged my biz and personal awhile ago, but I just did it for p2. And now by some miracle, my UR account is listed as a choice to combine!!! It wasn't in either of his personal or biz logins before.
This is awesome, as there are over 30k sitting on two of his cards and 75k coming next week.

Holy Hannah, that worked!!! I had merged my biz and personal awhile ago, but I just did it for p2. And now by some miracle, my UR account is listed as a choice to combine!!! It wasn't in either of his personal or biz logins before.
This is awesome, as there are over 30k sitting on two of his cards and 75k coming next week.
That's awesome. I wish it worked for me! Both mine and DH's accounts are merged for many months now, and we don't have the option to transfer to each other. I want to transfer DH's to mine, but he hasn't had the time to call :(

I got a mailed offer for an Alaska Airline CC with a 50K SUB for a 2K spend in 90 days. I know the typical bonus is 40K. My question is, is this card worth getting if we are planning an Alaskan cruise next year? Alaska Air flies direct to Seattle from Cleveland which is awesome, but I don't know if I'll ever fly with them again. I mean, I guess it would be worth it to get those flights "free", but not sure how I feel about it taking up one of my 5/24 slots. I would wait until closer to the end of the year to get it, but the offer is only good until June 4.
that is a decent offer for alaska. i'm not a big alaska fan but always have 1 or 2 cards as they are the only airline that flys me to my grands. that might get you 2 rt seats but be sure to check, there points flight have gone up to 4X what they were before covid. it is going to get you one free bag for up to 6 in your booking party, that can be worth the investment. you probably won't be able to use the companion pass for this trip as it isn't available until after you have had it for a year. i'd compare with southwest points rates before grabbing alaska but probably wont get a direct flight with SW. get 2 free bags with them.

I got a mailed offer for an Alaska Airline CC with a 50K SUB for a 2K spend in 90 days. I know the typical bonus is 40K. My question is, is this card worth getting if we are planning an Alaskan cruise next year? Alaska Air flies direct to Seattle from Cleveland which is awesome, but I don't know if I'll ever fly with them again. I mean, I guess it would be worth it to get those flights "free", but not sure how I feel about it taking up one of my 5/24 slots. I would wait until closer to the end of the year to get it, but the offer is only good until June 4.

There's a 60k and $100 credit for $3000 spend offer. DoC Link Also a biz version that's 40k and $200 credit. Biz Link

If you want to merge your personal and biz accounts with chase do you have to call?

ETA: figured it out

Last edited:
Did you call or SM to do that? I can't move points from my biz to my Sapphire without help so was thinking of merging.
It was an option from the app when logged into biz account I think. After merged, if I log into biz, I see all biz and personal accounts (a toggle on app, but all accounts on main screen on website). Logging in to personal just see personal, no biz.
That's awesome. I wish it worked for me! Both mine and DH's accounts are merged for many months now, and we don't have the option to transfer to each other. I want to transfer DH's to mine, but he hasn't had the time to call :(
Can you log in to his account and SM? ( I manage all accounts so I freely log in to his accounts but realize not everyone does. In fact DH probably has no idea how to log in to his own accounts even though I made him help me a couple weeks ago when I was feeling poorly after surgery.)

I see my Giftcards.com purchase from MARCH is finally showing pending but for only 2191 which is just the 3x my purchase. I did this when the AA portal was offering the additional 1k miles for purchases over $300. I emailed them about it. For those that waited forever like me, did you get the additional 1k?
I got the 1k Spring Forward Bonus. It posted separately from my purchase.

I was approved for a CIP on 7/8/19. On 8/10/20, I downgraded it to a CIC. For purposes of calculating my $25k in office supply spend each account anniversary year, would my year run 7/8-7/7 or 8/10-8/9?

You just missed the sweet ones from Hilton that had points plus FNC. You could try the IHG Biz card (newer).

If you are good with Business cards, the Barclay AA Biz has a high SUB, 80K miles. I can't recall if you were part of the bAAn.

Also, Chase redid their IHG hotel cards, the personal and Biz have subs of 140K.

I'm sad to have missed the Hilton promo...

But I will look into IHG.

My AA account is down to 0. I didn't bother with trying to save my 900 points earlier this year. Same with my DH's account.

It was an option from the app when logged into biz account I think. After merged, if I log into biz, I see all biz and personal accounts (a toggle on app, but all accounts on main screen on website). Logging in to personal just see personal, no biz.

Can you log in to his account and SM? ( I manage all accounts so I freely log in to his accounts but realize not everyone does. In fact DH probably has no idea how to log in to his own accounts even though I made him help me a couple weeks ago when I was feeling poorly after surgery.)
Yes, actually, same! 😂 DH has no idea what cards he even has, let alone how to log into them LOL. For some reason I thought the first time to link them you had to call. Is that not the case? Can I SM to do this whole thing? If so, you just saved my life 🤣 literally. It’s like pulling teeth to get him to call for stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter