I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know someone else on here did the Ibotta Blue Apron deal. The $65 just posted. So now I guess I can go see if I can cancel Blue Apron, LOL. So far I've done one week and skipped the rest.

Yes, I’ve used the offer 2x now on $50 physical Disney gift cards. $10 offer posted shortly after cards were shipped. Received both cards within 2 or 3 days of ordering. Currently working on 2 more 👍🏻
Darn! I didn’t even think to use it for gift cards. I was low on Rao’s sauce that is the only sauce mg DD will end so I bought two orders of $40 of sauce in each . Lol
At least I have enough for awhile and saved $20

I would guess bay area to la or la to Vegas. Short flights that people are ok driving but will fly if it's cheap.

Or if they have a page for wtga fares or from certain cities that could be a place to look.

PHX-LAX
PHX-LGB

Thank you both! I am in CT so I tend to only think of east coast flights. I was able to get an $80 and $40 fare from San Diego to Vegas.

With all the airline delays and cancellations, I'm trying to figure out what we're going to do for our December cruise. What I WANT to do is fly down the morning the cruise leaves. It's a nonstop, would arrive in FLL at 9:45 then go straight to cruise terminal. It would be one less day we need to board the dogs, and would save on getting a hotel also. BUT the cautious side of me is kind of scared about that plan. If our flight gets delayed a little, it wouldn't be a big deal as long as we're to the terminal before the cruise leaves at 4pm. What if we got cancelled though? Would you risk it flying the same morning of your scheduled cruise? If you've done it, was it very stressful?

How long is Amex taking to post SUB MRs once the MSR is met at the moment? By my calculations, P2 met her MSR 8 days ago - in fact is about 10% over MSR, but nothing received yet. This is on her Biz Gold.

Is that normal now? In the past, I seem to have received the MRs with 4-5 days of meeting MSR.

I goofed up using my aspire airline credit. Used a gc but the charge was over 250. Should've used 100 in gc to get it under. Oh well. Have one more trip to buy tix for that I can use it on. Had hoped it would work even though it was over.

Course this is also the card that my Hilton credit still hasn't credited on. Waiting til june 8 to contact them for that. But the airline credit worked correctly last year so I'm guessing it was the over 250 and not that the credits just don't want to work.

With all the airline delays and cancellations, I'm trying to figure out what we're going to do for our December cruise. What I WANT to do is fly down the morning the cruise leaves. It's a nonstop, would arrive in FLL at 9:45 then go straight to cruise terminal. It would be one less day we need to board the dogs, and would save on getting a hotel also. BUT the cautious side of me is kind of scared about that plan. If our flight gets delayed a little, it wouldn't be a big deal as long as we're to the terminal before the cruise leaves at 4pm. What if we got cancelled though? Would you risk it flying the same morning of your scheduled cruise? If you've done it, was it very stressful?

Never done it. Even without the flight craziness these days, it would be too nerve-racking for me. What would be your back up plan if the flight is canceled? Are there other flights that would get you there in time? What's the first port stop if you miss the ship and need to catch up with it? What if there are weather delays?

Even getting there the day before, I worry about it and buy missed connection travel insurance coverage.

How long is Amex taking to post SUB MRs once the MSR is met at the moment? By my calculations, P2 met her MSR 8 days ago - in fact is about 10% over MSR, but nothing received yet. This is on her Biz Gold.

Is that normal now? In the past, I seem to have received the MRs with 4-5 days of meeting MSR.

I feel like it took a while on my last MSR. Maybe about 10 days after spending was completed. AU bonus is also taking longer lately.

I just met the spend that's going to earn me the SW CP. Trying to decide what to do next. I am eligible for another Sapphire bonus. Was thinking I would support myself for a CSP from DH's CSP. My AF for my CSR just hit on 5/1 so now is a good time to downgrade. However, I have a trip booked to NYC next month that I paid a portion of the flights with the CSR for the travel insurance. I'd need to still have a CSR in June for that to work, right?

Seems to vary these days. Day after the charge posts is normal for me. But one took almost 2 weeks.

I’m another vote to fly in the night before. That was my norm even pre-Covid. But I’m an anxious traveler by nature, so the more hiccups I can potentially avoid, the better!

Got back Saturday from a week at Disney. Girls trip. There were 5 of us. Rented points and stayed in a 2 Bedroom at BWV (our go to resort). Overall the trip was good. Weather was great this week. We did get Genie + for all 7 days. We got our $ out of it. Saved lots of time in lines. I would get it again for sure. Rode everything we wanted to - lots of walking.

But... DD and I both came home with Covid. Well, we made it over 2 years without getting it - figured it's probably going to hit us all at some point. Symptoms are basically cold/allergy symptoms. Except I did lose my taste/smell. Seems like it is starting to come back a little.

Any questions on the parks/resort let me know and I will try and answer!!

I would also agree with flying in the day before. We've gone on two cruises since Covid. Each time we have joined a facebook page specific to that sailing and each time there have been people who have missed the ship due to issues with flights. One time it was largely due to the weather, but those that were flying in the day before had more options for plan B than the people flying in that morning.

We have another cruise booked for this June with our adult children. Two of them are working on the Friday before we leave, so can't fly out until late Friday for a Saturday departure. Honestly that has me nervous, but there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm just crossing my fingers that everything works out ok!

Oh and puppy picks. This is Jack. We picked him up 2 weeks ago. He will be 10 weeks on Wednesday.

Attachments

• E95833B8-40E5-4CAE-A1F5-F14D9322BE75.jpeg
    E95833B8-40E5-4CAE-A1F5-F14D9322BE75.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 8
  • CBDF53E8-8228-4A63-BF92-9548D131C18E.jpeg
    CBDF53E8-8228-4A63-BF92-9548D131C18E.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 895570D1-C1AE-43F5-B104-5D96CD6835A6.jpeg
    895570D1-C1AE-43F5-B104-5D96CD6835A6.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 8
Today there is an Amex transfer bonus to Flying Blue. Could have saved even more, but I’m not mad. Just happy I didn’t miss out on 4 J seats.

Ooh! Thanks for the heads-up. We had enough miles stuck in FB for the outbound trip (from when they canceled our 2020 flights) but not enough for the return which we can't book yet, so the timing is perfect. I think we had the same deal when we transferred the original stash of points over to FB 3 years ago.

LOVE it!
I'm so excited! Do you remember what aircraft you were on? our flight is currently 787-9
Now to start researching DLP.

I have flown multiple times on their 777 and it had the same setup. I would think/hope that the 787 would be the same or even better since it's a newer plane. It's totally spoiled me to the point where I don't want to fly in a non-lie-flat seat.

Never done it. Even without the flight craziness these days, it would be too nerve-racking for me. What would be your back up plan if the flight is canceled? Are there other flights that would get you there in time? What's the first port stop if you miss the ship and need to catch up with it? What if there are weather delays?

Even getting there the day before, I worry about it and buy missed connection travel insurance coverage.
I’m another vote to fly in the night before. That was my norm even pre-Covid. But I’m an anxious traveler by nature, so the more hiccups I can potentially avoid, the better!
I would also agree with flying in the day before. We've gone on two cruises since Covid. Each time we have joined a facebook page specific to that sailing and each time there have been people who have missed the ship due to issues with flights. One time it was largely due to the weather, but those that were flying in the day before had more options for plan B than the people flying in that morning.

We have another cruise booked for this June with our adult children. Two of them are working on the Friday before we leave, so can't fly out until late Friday for a Saturday departure. Honestly that has me nervous, but there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm just crossing my fingers that everything works out ok!
Thanks guys! We've never had to fly to cruise before. We've always left from closer ports and just drove, but this time we need to fly and I feel like it's new terrain... so I very much appreciate your answers and experiences! Based on the answers and then in talking to DH, we've decided we better fly in the day before to be safe.

I wouldn't have risked it before, but I especially wouldn't risk it now. I keep reading about so many people having their flights canceled.

I've done it before but I wouldn't do it with the current state of things. I've only done it a couple times but it was always for late departures (like after 6 pm) and we had a early morning non stop with a couple other flights available, should something happen to that one.

Right now with all the airlines running lean (and I can't see it changing much by December, but hopefully I'm wrong), if your original flight gets cancelled, there might not be room to get on the next flights that same day. What would your backup be? Are you close enough that driving would be a backup plan in a worst, worst case scenario? What would be the cost to meet the cruise at the next port? (Actually, are they even allowing that? I'm not sure that's still an option.) What's the cost if you miss boarding? If you have good trip insurance that might kick in to recoup some of the cost, it might be worth the risk.

And I'm sure you're aware but if the cruise really departs at 4pm, that means you have to be checked in and boarding a few hours before that. The one we're booked on in Dec requires 2 hours before, so the all aboard is 2 pm. (Didn't want to just assume that's what you meant, that the all aboard is 4pm with a later departure)

Personally I don't want to stress that hard for a trip. It's supposed to be fun. Once I found this points game, I just figure out how to get more to pay for the extras - like your extra hotel room and dog boarding day. For me I'd look for a bank bonus or something to cover that! And it's why I keep a bunch of hotel cards with cheap annual FNCs. I don't tend to redeem them for glamorous stays, it's usually places I want to stay but don't want to really pay for, like a night before a cruise or a flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter