I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen anything on r/churning but are amex credits slow again? My grubhub from 5 days ago hasn't credited yet and normally would have by now.

Someone fraudulently opened a BoA Alaskan Airlines card in my name. Got an Experian alert a few days ago that a hard inquiry was generated and then got an email from BoA my card was on its way. I have no idea what the end game was here since it was being shipped to my home address but I called BoA and had them close it and submitted a fraud report. Now I gotta deal with getting this hard pull taken off my credit report. This goes against my 5/24 too and I was just about to apply for a CIC. So frustrating.

I would freeze your credit. Keeps it from happening and you can unfreeze it when you apply for something.

BofA is also the one that needs to help remove it from your report. I wouldn't necessarily worry about the hard pull, it really doesn't affect anything. Hopefully with the fraud report it won't post as a card you opened. But you've already started the process on that so I wouldn't think it would be that bad.

If you are ready for the cic just app for it now, even if it does hit your report it won't be for awhile so you'll still be undet 5/24 if it puts you at 5/24 until it's gone.

I haven't seen anything on r/churning but are amex credits slow again? My grubhub from 5 days ago hasn't credited yet and normally would have by now.

Mine have been slow for sure. No "you used an offer" emails. I was concerned but one finally showed up yesterday about 12 days after the charge.

Same here. I've started tracking offers that I use better and it looks like they have been taking anywhere from 5-12 days for mine to credit.

We need to transfer $1000 from our account to a family member that lives in another state. Our bank does it through Zelle, which the recipient is not signed up with, is older, and will be impossible to guide them how to set it up and get their money. So I'm looking into Western Union to send them the money straight to their bank account. I guess you can use a credit card to send the funds. I found a promo code that removes the fee from WU, so it wouldn't cost anything through them to send it. But does anyone know if that is considered a "cash advance" on the card? Of course it would be awesome to use the credit card to fund if possible b/c it could count towards minimum spend on our Barclays AA biz card!!

ETA: found the answer. It does count as a cash advance. Boo.

Last edited:

I feel like I might need to close a Chase card. I have 5 personal cards and 4 business cards, I plan to apply for a CIC in July. Or do you all think I’m okay?
I’m sitting on 8 personal and 5 Biz right now. I just watch CL. I’ll be closing some of my Biz when they are over one year. And I’ll be closing my Personal Sw card soon.

Finally finished canceling our Japan flights booked with BA Avios for this summer. JAL canceled the outbound some time back and we got automatically rebooked on another flight. First I tried Twitter and it took a month of back and forth before BA did the refund. Had it under 2 bookings, but they only canceled one. So then I tried chat and luckily was able to get the chatbot to connect me to a live person. Wait wasn't long and got the other booking canceled. Asked about canceling the return flight (booked separately as one-ways) and was told refund would be reduced by $80/person since it's a voluntary cancellation. The redeposit fee is $55. I guess the extra $25 is the call center fee, which I would hope wouldn't be hard to get waived as this isn't something I can do online. But decided to hold off and hope the flight is canceled or changed.

Saw DP recently that vouchers for Avios bookings are being refunded in full. Requested that online and got the e-mail that the Avios will be redeposited and refund processed within 4 weeks. Not in a hurry, so just happy to not have to pay the redeposit fees!

OMG, I HATE BOA! Back when I did a biz bank bonus, it was a nightmare and they couldn't attach my Chase account to pay my BOA credit cards (though I had it prior). Then closing that bank acct was a nightmare. Well now it seems they finally cancelled my account and cancelled my biz login. Now my personal account will not let me pay via my chase account. It also says my Chase acct isn't verified and I have to call. Mind you, I've used the damn acct prior to the biz mess, and during the biz acct mess. I spent 45 min on the phone arguing w/ the rep. She says it's an issue w/ Chase blocking BOA. While I was on the 45 min call/hold, I used the same Chase account to pay my Amex. And again, I've used the account for 5 years to pay the bills!

At this point, I think I'm going to pay the damn balance off and close the accounts. I have 2 cards w/ them. One is probably 5 years old (it was a 0% offer card that they changed to the 3% on your choice, I've picked online shopping), the other is a 0% card I got maybe 2 years ago now. TBH, I rarely use the 3% card since I feel like I'm always working on a SUB. Why does BOA have to suck so much!

Also I just tried for a retention offer on my Delta Gold Biz. They didn't have any. I've wanted to do the Delta Plat Biz at some point. So I'm wondering if I cancel the card, and apply for that at some point. I've had the card since 4/2019. But I was in popup hell with Amex for over 1.5 years. I don't want to cancel and end up blocked out of Delta cards. But I also don't want to pay $99 and then go for the Plat. UGH. WWYD?

Also I just tried for a retention offer on my Delta Gold Biz. They didn't have any. I've wanted to do the Delta Plat Biz at some point. So I'm wondering if I cancel the card, and apply for that at some point. I've had the card since 4/2019. But I was in popup hell with Amex for over 1.5 years. I don't want to cancel and end up blocked out of Delta cards. But I also don't want to pay $99 and then go for the Plat. UGH. WWYD?
You could downgrade to the Delta Blue, if you don't have one, or don't care about getting locked out of that SUB, which is very small.

I have a fraud alert and it prevents me from getting instantly approved for anything. I have to call into the credit card company preemptively to verify my identity. The alternative is to wait for the fraud department to contact me and I am too impatient for that. It sucks but it is after all for my protection.
So do you just unfreeze and right after applying call reconsideration? I am now in a scenario as well with a Fraud alert placed since someone decided it was cute to open a Harley Davidson Hog card and get declined for a Spirit Mastercard randomly a couple weeks ago. Luckily I had just got 3 cards approved for real MDD and a AA Biz so I can lay low for a while but was wondering how this was going to work moving forward. I assume unfreeze all 3 and after that apply and I guess call reconsideration right away?

OMG, I HATE BOA! Back when I did a biz bank bonus, it was a nightmare and they couldn't attach my Chase account to pay my BOA credit cards (though I had it prior). Then closing that bank acct was a nightmare. Well now it seems they finally cancelled my account and cancelled my biz login. Now my personal account will not let me pay via my chase account. It also says my Chase acct isn't verified and I have to call. Mind you, I've used the damn acct prior to the biz mess, and during the biz acct mess. I spent 45 min on the phone arguing w/ the rep. She says it's an issue w/ Chase blocking BOA. While I was on the 45 min call/hold, I used the same Chase account to pay my Amex. And again, I've used the account for 5 years to pay the bills!

At this point, I think I'm going to pay the damn balance off and close the accounts. I have 2 cards w/ them. One is probably 5 years old (it was a 0% offer card that they changed to the 3% on your choice, I've picked online shopping), the other is a 0% card I got maybe 2 years ago now. TBH, I rarely use the 3% card since I feel like I'm always working on a SUB. Why does BOA have to suck so much!

I hate BOAs website and the app. I hate that you have to call for every darn thing and can't just send a message. My autopay got deleted (not sure how... I didn't do it) and we got charged a late fee

So do you just unfreeze and right after applying call reconsideration? I am now in a scenario as well with a Fraud alert placed since someone decided it was cute to open a Harley Davidson Hog card and get declined for a Spirit Mastercard randomly a couple weeks ago. Luckily I had just got 3 cards approved for real MDD and a AA Biz so I can lay low for a while but was wondering how this was going to work moving forward. I assume unfreeze all 3 and after that apply and I guess call reconsideration right away?

If you are only dealing with freezing them you unfreeze and then apply. It gives thr option for instant approval. Only unfreeze all 3 if you aren't 100% sure which they'll pull from. If you are positive then just unfreeze that one.

Never unfreeze for amex after the 1st hp since they just do soft.

I have no idea how it works with the fraud alert. I never bothered with that when someone tried to open a card. Chase didn't open it and it's far easier to just keep it frozen for no one to access than have to call about the fraud alert every time I app for a card, esp with a "biz".

Finally finished canceling our Japan flights booked with BA Avios for this summer. JAL canceled the outbound some time back and we got automatically rebooked on another flight. First I tried Twitter and it took a month of back and forth before BA did the refund. Had it under 2 bookings, but they only canceled one. So then I tried chat and luckily was able to get the chatbot to connect me to a live person. Wait wasn't long and got the other booking canceled. Asked about canceling the return flight (booked separately as one-ways) and was told refund would be reduced by $80/person since it's a voluntary cancellation. The redeposit fee is $55. I guess the extra $25 is the call center fee, which I would hope wouldn't be hard to get waived as this isn't something I can do online. But decided to hold off and hope the flight is canceled or changed.

Saw DP recently that vouchers for Avios bookings are being refunded in full. Requested that online and got the e-mail that the Avios will be redeposited and refund processed within 4 weeks. Not in a hurry, so just happy to not have to pay the redeposit fees!
I may be disagreed with about this but as time goes on I'm very less optimistic about japan opening this year I'm planning a trip to Belgium and Germany instead. With limited flights and everyone fighting for award space when they do finally open I'm going this route (as bad as I wanted to go since 2020) From what I've been able to research there is very few flights (seems like the minimums to keep the gate at said airport/location) and a lot of flights are getting canceled that people just booked.

Last edited:
I may be disagreed with about this but as time goes on I'm very less optimistic about japan opening this year I'm planning a trip to Belgium and Germany instead. With limited flights and everyone fighting for award space when they do finally open I'm going this route (as bad as I wanted to go since 2020) From what I've been able to research there is very few flights (seems like the minimums to keep the gate at said airport/location) and a lot of flights are getting canceled that people just booked.

Yeah, who knows. They're going to let in 50 people (total lol) in small group tours. I'm booked for winter with AA miles (at least it'll be easier to cancel!), but back-up is Costa Rica. Guess I'll see!

We are planning Japan for Nov 2023. Hopefully they are back to normal by then. Our China trip rescheduled for this October is cancelled indefinitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter