I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would value the benefits of Globalist a lot, but I can't figure out how I can earn it with my stays/spending. By the end of the year, I will have 21 Hyatt stays. If I were to get both CCs, that would help but still wouldn't get me to 60 qualifying nights even after spending 15K on each. I'm not sure I would have much more spend left to throw into them to earn the 2 nights or 5K. Maybe some, but still not enough. So unless there's some trick I'm not aware of, I feel like it's hard to chase Globalist. I wish nights could carry over to the next calendar year because then I could do it.
last year I needed 2 I pushed some chase unlimited rewards was like 12k points. was worth it this year I am putting about 20 on it to get globalist. I might have to burn my next cat 1-4 for 2 days to be sure I'm not 100% sure yet. Next year we have enough trips planned that with the 15 it will be easy. so I'm hoping to have those benefits for all those Hyatt nights. Maybe I need to put a deposit on solar panels or something I'm kidding that's for next year. yeah, the nights only carry over for globalists up to 100 I think. Delta does roll over I don't think any hotel chain does. I almost burned one for a trip coming up but when i did the math without the resort fee it wasn't worth it for the low rate (was 180$).

last year I needed 2 I pushed some chase unlimited rewards was like 12k points. was worth it this year I am putting about 20 on it to get globalist. I might have to burn my next cat 1-4 for 2 days to be sure im not 100% sure yet. Next year we have enough trips planned that with the 15 it will be easy. so I'm hoping to have those benefits for all those Hyatt nights. Maybe i need to put a deposit on solar panels or something lol.
Do you mean you used the Chase URs for extra stays you didn't really need in order to get more qualifying nights?

I'm sad I missed out on the promotion when getting to Globalist was 30 nights, during the pandemic. Oh well...

Do you mean you used the Chase URs for extra stays you didn't really need in order to get more qualifying nights?

I'm sad I missed out on the promotion when getting to Globalist was 30 nights, during the pandemic. Oh well...
yeah I transferred from my Chase sapphire reserve/chase unlimited points, I was 2 nights short when it was 30 so to me it was a no-brainer this year, and I have been loving having the status. It was easy last year I didn't put as much Hyatt spend on the card. I think I did the 15k that was it I have to look. but right now I'm short 6 nights. but i think I can get some of that with my property taxes insurance and Hyatt stuff coming up. if I have to burn another 24k for the staycation hotel we love (the grand cypress) ill do it. If i have to burn 4 too ill probably make the excuse to do it :)

@Duckbug.Ducktales forgot to add people on Reddit who were adding these 5k night hotels in Mexico and other places to get the qualifying nights.. but if you are that far away I don't know.
So I don't think the signup is as good right now but if you got 120k points from 2 sign-ups + the 10 free nights you might be able to pull a rabbit. 30 nights at 5k a night is 150k so if you have 30k chase ultimate you could just book random stuff if you are willing to part with your bonus, but tbh if you arent going to use it next year like right now we have a ton of nights planned not sure if its worth chasing.

Last edited:
I got the Venture X on day one. I have used my travel credit and my AirBnB credit. Today I got an email that my statement was ready and my balance was $-250. I looked at my account, and on June 15th, I was given a credit that says "Referral Bonus Adjustment". Has anyone seen this or know what this might be? I had one person use a support link the day I got approved, but I don't think they were first time Cap One cardholders, so I never got the 20000 bonus miles.
I figured I would just let this sit for a couple of cycles to see if it vanishes.

Hey everyone, I was on here many years ago and sort of drifted off. But I've been building points on my CIP ever since joining here. But at this point, I've realized I'm not getting the best bang for my buck by not trying to leverage the 1P/2P churn game with my wife. Can anyone please refresh my memory on the process for that? It's been 4 years since I signed up for the card give or take. My wife has an account on the card as well. Thanks in advance!

Question for the experts: how much of the travel is covered by the CSR travel insurance if the trip is paid “partially” with the card. I have a cruise I need to make a final payment on and wondering if I paid the rest with the CSR if only that amount would be covered in case of a loss or if the whole cruise would be covered. I couldn’t figure it out by looking at the T&C.

I don’t think there are any heavy churners here, but several reports of people being locked out of MR transfers while Amex reviews their accounts.
Yikes. The RAT was very active in Canada for several months and shut down a ton of people for churning (people were able to churn AmEx cards here every year or two and get the SUBs). That was over 18 months ago and they still can't get an AmEx card. Hope they aren't starting that here. I have always been cautious with them for this very reason. Just out of curiosity, how does one accumulate 3.5M MRs :worship:?

Yikes. The RAT was very active in Canada for several months and shut down a ton of people for churning (people were able to churn AmEx cards here every year or two and get the SUBs). That was over 18 months ago and they still can't get an AmEx card. Hope they aren't starting that here. I have always been cautious with them for this very reason. Just out of curiosity, how does one accumulate 3.5M MRs :worship:?

It's not all subs for this person I don't think. Lots of spend or MS.

I’m assuming MSing, probably buying groups.

I have a question about the $200 airline credit with the AMEX Plat. If I chose American Airlines would the flight detail below count? I assume it would but I don't know if the operated by part would mess up the credit.

• American Airlines AA 5132
  • Operated by PSA AIRLINES AS AMERICAN EAGLE
  • AIRCRAFTCANADAIR CRJ-700

Hey everyone, I was on here many years ago and sort of drifted off. But I've been building points on my CIP ever since joining here. But at this point, I've realized I'm not getting the best bang for my buck by not trying to leverage the 1P/2P churn game with my wife. Can anyone please refresh my memory on the process for that? It's been 4 years since I signed up for the card give or take. My wife has an account on the card as well. Thanks in advance!

I'm guessing people approach this differently, but here's our P1/P2 strategy. We generally tend to open the same-ish new cards or cards that have the same currency. So I might open a card, meet the MSR and and provide P2 with a support link, and he'll open a card. That support link earns us extra points. I like currencies like Chase URs because they are transferrable among household members, or Amex MRs, because they are fairly easy to earn and can be transferred to airlines, which often have household/family pooling programs. What's nice about Amex is you can support from any card; it doesn't have to be the identical card.

What you DO NOT want to do as part of your strategy of opening new cards is make each other authorized users on each other's cards. This will add to their 5/24 count, in many cases. If you like to both work on an MSR at the same time, I find apple pay or paypal, etc to be good workarounds, rather than the need to have two physical cards.

It doesn't sound like right now you are opening any cards, so I'm hoping this is the kind of guidance you were looking for when mentioning "churn game." Let us know if you have other questions or if this isn't the right direction.

Question about United Club access…we’ve got a 5-hour layover in Newark in a couple of weeks. A friend was kind enough to give us 2 1-day United Club passes that just happened to be valid during our trip. The only problem is, there’s 4 of us. I poked around on the United website but couldn’t find if there’s an option to buy 2 extra passes for our kids (ages 16 and 18). Or, any other ideas or options? I have the United Gateway card but no United status.

I got the Venture X on day one. I have used my travel credit and my AirBnB credit. Today I got an email that my statement was ready and my balance was $-250. I looked at my account, and on June 15th, I was given a credit that says "Referral Bonus Adjustment". Has anyone seen this or know what this might be? I had one person use a support link the day I got approved, but I don't think they were first time Cap One cardholders, so I never got the 20000 bonus miles.
I figured I would just let this sit for a couple of cycles to see if it vanishes.
It was 25,000 miles which equals $250. They must have decided to give you the bonus, when they do it after the fact it’s a statement credit. I got the same thing, but my credit was broken into two credits but equaling the same $250. I called following up, because my referral wasn’t a Capital One existing customer and I had already waited the appropriate amount of time.

It was 25,000 miles which equals $250. They must have decided to give you the bonus, when they do it after the fact it’s a statement credit. I got the same thing, but my credit was broken into two credits but equaling the same $250. I called following up, because my referral wasn’t a Capital One existing customer and I had already waited the appropriate amount of time.
Interesting. Thank you. I didn't even bother to follow up, because I didn't figure I had a leg to stand on. Now, do I leave it alone, or see if they will send me a check?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter