• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that Chinese place Panda Express? I just know flying from West Coast everyone will be
starving. Im not sure we can make even make it to Hyatt and might have to get the food
on the way up to room lol.
I can't even remember what we ate for dinner there. I know we had McDonalds for breakfast. Heck probably had that for dinner too LOL

I'm in Harry Styles hell.... First off we had a ticket for tonight in NYC. I've had it on StubHUB since we bought it. The idea was my 17yo could go IF she found a friend and parent to go. We just got back from NC last night, and I go back to school tomorrow :sad::sad::sad: So I wasn't about to go. Well since Harry is doing 15 shows in NYC now, the resale market is crap! We finally sold the ticket tonight $20 below face value.

My daughter has tickets to see him in Chicago in October. I figured no rush in booking a room. Yeah, that was a mistake. Everything is sold out or $1000 for 1 night! I don't know what I'm going to do now. Originally she has tickets for 10/8 and 10/9. But now she's asking to go to TX to see him w/ her BFF. So I told her she HAS to sell 10/9. I mean I might need her to sell them anyways, as I can't take off the Monday from school. And the idea of driving home from Chicago at midnight and then teaching. UGH.

I was kinda holding off on booking a hotel because I didn't know if it was just us, if she was bringing a friend, etc. And now the prices are INSANE! Nothing I can book w/ points via Hilton. Marriott I can stay out by O'Hare which is 40 min from the venue and the wrong direction from home. I don't know what to do. UGH.
Ugh. I hope it works out. I just sold my extra 2 tickets slightly over face value. I probably could have gotten more, but I wanted them sold and I wasn't doing it for the profit. My oldest is going to a Chicago show. My youngest, myself and friends are going together. Our biggest issue is deciding what to wear, I did not realize what I was getting into lol

That would be awesome.
My GBF just got back from a last minute trip to SA. He managed to do a Safari. He has family in the area, and one of them work for a company. I know he said some are better than others and was going to give me a list for when the BF and I go. I can ask him what he suggests.

Staying at Hyatt MCO night before cruise. Anyone have recommendations for somewhere
decent to eat at the airport. We won't have a car and will be there around 7 -8 pm. Thanks
We usually grab dinner at the food court. I get either Panda Express or Chick-Fil-A. DS will typically throw in some McD’s fries. The restaurant at the Hyatt is pretty good also. For breakfast, you can order whatever and they remove from your bill, if Globalist. We will be next Fri before we move to Residence Inn pre-cruise. Our flight isn’t until 6:00 pm so we will probably eat at BWI before we fly.

You're covered with the CSP insurance even if you only charge a portion to the card, so that should work. The insurance covers "equipment failure, inclement weather, strike and hijacking/skyjacking". If it's some other operational issue, you should ask if the airline will pay for the hotel.

I had to file a CSP travel delay claim this year. It took awhile to go through, but I was very happy with the result. If you need to file a claim (knock on wood), don't forget to keep all your receipts, including the boarding pass of the new flight.
Thank you so much for clarifying this for me !! That’s so good to know. Hopefully we won’t have any issues or delays, but I want to be prepared if we do.

I just got full on rejected for a CIC today. Last Chase app was 5/17/22 and I am at 3/24. I used the same information about my "business" that I always do. Only thing I can think is that I was recently added onto a business banking account and had to give them all my information. Did they run my credit and that somehow upset Chase?

ETA: Well poop, I went to apply for a Citi Premier and was rejected there too. Should have checked my credit report first I guess.

ETA2: Credit score 831/812. And I'm not seeing any inquiries or anything in the last 3 months. What the heck.

So I checked and I was denied for having too many accounts opened in the last 24 months. Iiiiii forgot I opened a United card, and apparently my excel says I have a SW biz but yeah -- it's a SW Personal. That puts me at 5/24. Talk about Churning fail. Thanks ADHD.

I added P2 and P3 to my Venture X so they would have access Priority Pass lounges and other lounges. I can't seem to find how to get them Priority Pass membership cards--either digital or physical. The PP terms indicate you need to show a member card to enter the lounge. Do I give them access/screenshot of my member card, or register them separately as PP members?

I added P2 and P3 to my Venture X so they would have access Priority Pass lounges and other lounges. I can't seem to find how to get them Priority Pass membership cards--either digital or physical. The PP terms indicate you need to show a member card to enter the lounge. Do I give them access/screenshot of my member card, or register them separately as PP members?
I registered under my name and have my own PP membership separate from the primary card holder. Can’t remember how I did that though, it may have involved a phone call.

Capital One question: my P2 has the CapOne Venture One (ancient - like 20 years old) and CapOne Venture X (got it Nov 2021). Any insight whether he can get approved for/get the SUB for the CapOne Venture Rewards card?

If not, any suggestions on other (non-business) CapOne cards that he could be approved for and combine points with his existing Venture X points?
I too have the Venture X and recently got the Venture - just about done with the SUB.

Edit. - Just looked - must have met the SUB this weekend. Points already posted and I transferred them to my Venture X Card. Going to use these for PYB for Disney Tickets from UT.

Last edited:
regarding the Cap One preapproval tool..it shows me pre-approved for the Venture and Venture One. I currently hold the X. My question is, I have had two Ventures in the past, last one closed in March 2021 with the bonus received in April of 2020. If it pulls up with the tool, do you think they would give me another one?

Ok, well, just about cried while on the phone with the Chase rep. She was extremely rude, despite me being respectful. Said my IP address denial was MY problem and that I should contact my service provider and no they couldn't give me any details and was basically talking over me the whole time. DH just confirmed there's nothing wrong with our IP address. I'm probably on some kind of sh*t list now and won't be approved for anything.

Of the cards (other than CSR) that offer airport lounge access, which would you recommend? I know Amex Plat and Venture X, but are there others?

This is exciting news for those of us who have SW cards that give free upgraded boardings! (Although I suspect there may now be more competition for those spots…)

https://viewfromthewing.com/southwe...e/?utm_source=BoardingArea&utm_medium=twitter
That's great! I assume you check in first, see your position, and then decide if you want to upgrade? I have 4 free on my card but I have a couple flights I could use them on. My plan was to do my best at 24 hours and then only use the upgraded board if I was low Bs or worse.

I currently have 3 chase business cards -

CIC (originally CIP) - had since 12/16
CIU (originally CIP) - had since 5/19
CIC - had since 1/25/22

If I had DH refer me for another (probably) CIC, should I close one of those first? I do have current charges on all of them if that matters.

Ok, well, just about cried while on the phone with the Chase rep. She was extremely rude, despite me being respectful. Said my IP address denial was MY problem and that I should contact my service provider and no they couldn't give me any details and was basically talking over me the whole time. DH just confirmed there's nothing wrong with our IP address. I'm probably on some kind of sh*t list now and won't be approved for anything.

She must be related the the lady I had calling Hilton awhile back.

I'd call back and ask for recon. Don't talk with the regular csr. And always feel free to hang up on someone, we don't need to take their being rude.

Of the cards (other than CSR) that offer airport lounge access, which would you recommend? I know Amex Plat and Venture X, but are there others?

Amex plat biz, Hilton Aspire, and Bonvoy Brilliant also come with Priority Pass. Hilton Surpass and biz comes with 10 single use PP passes.

Maybe a little niche, but the Chase Ritz card comes with PP and unlimited guests. Would still include the PP restaurant benefit, unlike all the Amex ones. You can only get it by upgrading a Chase Bonvoy card older than a year.

I think the Venture X is a good choice for lounge access. Has the PP restaurant benefit. Can add 4 AUs for free with their own lounge access (though need to consider 5/24). The Amex Centurion lounges will no longer allow guests after 2/1/23, that's a big con for me on the plat and biz plat lounge access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter