I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. All I can see in non refundable, but I'm not terribly concerned about that.
On that note...for the same 6 day hoppers in May, Disney is $700, UCT is $664, BW is $641 and Sams Club is $598? Is that really possible they are that low? I must be crazy. and if so, wow, what money we wasted on dh and ds hoppers!

On that note...for the same 6 day hoppers in May, Disney is $700, UCT is $664, BW is $641 and Sams Club is $598? Is that really possible they are that low? I must be crazy. and if so, wow, what money we wasted on dh and ds hoppers!

Did it add tax already? Whenever I've seen it lower than UCT, it's because taxes didn't get added until the final screen.

I need to renew PeacockTV and plan to use P2's Amex Plat entertainment credit. Will the credit trigger if I sign up for the $19.99 year plan or does it need to be monthly? That would allow me to use it for NYT and Audible next month when I cancel my Plat.

I've been using $4.99/mo credits on various cards the past few months. It'll be nice to not have to keep track of it for awhile.

It has been a terrible 24 hours, the watermain in our front yard bursted, we live on a hill and our house sits down partially in the hill. Thousands of gallons of water were pouring out onto our property. Water went through the foundation and our insurance won't cover it (water seeping through the foundation is excluded from pretty much every policy, so I've learned). I will file a tort claim with the city but we probably won't win (it took them an hour to get here and turn it off, they did their due diligence).
We need new floors so I'm not worried about that cost, I'm worried about what the long-term damages the excess water will create - how much will our foundation move with all the soil movement?

I just want to lay in bed and cry all day, but I don't want to be home to remind me of the damage.

This is credit card related because we'll be able to meet some MSRs pretty fast.
I'm so sorry. I've dealt with flooding due to storms and it was awful. The last time we lost the furnace, water heater and everything else in the basement.
Ours wasn't quite the same, water came in thru doors and windows not the foundation but it was massive rainfall that caused it. We didn't have foundation issues but we sold within 5 years.

I need to renew PeacockTV and plan to use P2's Amex Plat entertainment credit. Will the credit trigger if I sign up for the $19.99 year plan or does it need to be monthly? That would allow me to use it for NYT and Audible next month when I cancel my Plat.

I've been using $4.99/mo credits on various cards the past few months. It'll be nice to not have to keep track of it for awhile.
I did the $19.99 deal a couple weeks ago on a Chase card with a $3 credit which worked. Can't speak to Amex.

Really excited to have just booked a stay at Rancho Pescadero, near Todos Santos, about an hour from Cabo. I'm especially interested to try out their "experiences" which sound similar to something you might experience at Miraval, but more authentic to the Baja region of Mexico. The resort was previously operated independently and only 14 rooms and has been closed for two years while it was renovated for around 100 rooms, suites and villas, now part of the Hyatt Unbound collection. 30k Hyatt points per night but includes "daily programmed Discovery Experiences" which I hope is these from their website.

Backstory, which sold me, plus OMAAT coverage.

It has been a terrible 24 hours, the watermain in our front yard bursted, we live on a hill and our house sits down partially in the hill. Thousands of gallons of water were pouring out onto our property. Water went through the foundation and our insurance won't cover it (water seeping through the foundation is excluded from pretty much every policy, so I've learned). I will file a tort claim with the city but we probably won't win (it took them an hour to get here and turn it off, they did their due diligence).
We need new floors so I'm not worried about that cost, I'm worried about what the long-term damages the excess water will create - how much will our foundation move with all the soil movement?

I just want to lay in bed and cry all day, but I don't want to be home to remind me of the damage.

This is credit card related because we'll be able to meet some MSRs pretty fast.

This is awful. I am really sorry you have to deal with this.

Don't rely on my advice here, but I see no reason why the Amex credit wouldn't cover it. I think what people usually get irked about with these credits is they can sign up for the annual plans for cheaper than the monthly, but if it's like $100 annually, they can't get their $100 at once, they have to do the more expensive monthly plan to get it credited by Amex. Just don't forget to enroll first if you haven't already. Smart play to do the annual plans before you cancel the Plat.

Peacock: Eligible purchases for Peacock include all Peacock subscriptions, including but not limited to Peacock Premium and Premium Plus, made directly online at www.peacocktv.com. Eligible purchases do not include subscriptions bundled with cable services or other bundles, promotional offers through third parties, or gift cards.

Can SW GCs be used to pay for EBCI?
This says no:

https://www.southwest.com/help/other/southwest-gift-card

“A Southwest gift card may be used for travel with us. It can only be redeemed at Southwest.com, in the Southwest mobile app, by calling Southwest, and at ticket counter locations. A gift card is not valid for the purchase of Southwest Vacations® packages, cargo, hotel, rental car, Southwest merchandise, EarlyBird Check-In®, additional gift cards, inflight purchases, or group tickets.”

I have never flown to Australia but I just booked a DCL transpacific cruise from Sydney to Honolulu for Feb 2024. I’ll need to book one ways for the two of us from Houston to Sydney. Right now I have about 400,000 UR’s, 113,000 MR’s, 95,000 United Miles and 400,000 Cap One points. What would be the best way to book using points? Of course would love a lie flat seat due to the long journey. I’m open to applying for an Amex biz card to earn more MR’s. I’m currently 4/24 until June 2023. My last card was a CIU in July.

I don't have any suggestions for your flight but I just wanted to say how envious I am of your plans. I saw the transpacific routes when the itineraries came out and I think this would be wonderful! Are you planning on spending any time in Australia before the cruise?

Someone posted this in the Frequent Miler Facebook group, and it totally worked. I signed up and got immediately upgraded to IHG Diamond status.

IHG Straight to Diamond. Become a IHG Diamond simply by registering. Go to https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/us/en/offers/promoreg/ and enter 70027 as the Promotional Code. You will be IHG Diamond until 12/31/2022. Stay 10+ nights before 12/31/2022 and you can extend the Diamond status until 12/31/2023.

I did the $19.99 deal a couple weeks ago on a Chase card with a $3 credit which worked. Can't speak to Amex.

Don't rely on my advice here, but I see no reason why the Amex credit wouldn't cover it. I think what people usually get irked about with these credits is they can sign up for the annual plans for cheaper than the monthly, but if it's like $100 annually, they can't get their $100 at once, they have to do the more expensive monthly plan to get it credited by Amex. Just don't forget to enroll first if you haven't already. Smart play to do the annual plans before you cancel the Plat.

Peacock: Eligible purchases for Peacock include all Peacock subscriptions, including but not limited to Peacock Premium and Premium Plus, made directly online at www.peacocktv.com. Eligible purchases do not include subscriptions bundled with cable services or other bundles, promotional offers through third parties, or gift cards.

Tks. I did it. I kept reading terms and nothing in there says it's need to be monthly like the Walmart+ deal. I also went through MyPoints for a little extra on top. Now I just have to wait and see if Amex credits it.

I spent today writing down all the offers on the various Plats/Golds and making sure we're opted in so I can get them all done. I have a potential P3 and P4 and I'm not sure I'm ready to manage them lol Between my car accident earlier this year slowing me down and now recovering from Covid (thank you Harry Styles) I'm just done with everything.

I don't have any suggestions for your flight but I just wanted to say how envious I am of your plans. I saw the transpacific routes when the itineraries came out and I think this would be wonderful! Are you planning on spending any time in Australia before the cruise?
I would like to spend time on both ends. I honestly didn’t know this cruise had opened up to Platinum on Monday. I just got back in town Sunday night after traveling the last 6 weeks. I did have an OBB do use. Just in shock over airfare.

Someone posted this in the Frequent Miler Facebook group, and it totally worked. I signed up and got immediately upgraded to IHG Diamond status.

IHG Straight to Diamond. Become a IHG Diamond simply by registering. Go to https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/us/en/offers/promoreg/ and enter 70027 as the Promotional Code. You will be IHG Diamond until 12/31/2022. Stay 10+ nights before 12/31/2022 and you can extend the Diamond status until 12/31/2023.
This worked! Yay! I really want Diamond for next year for the free breakfast. But … 10 nights before the end of the year seems tough.

Tks. I did it. I kept reading terms and nothing in there says it's need to be monthly like the Walmart+ deal. I also went through MyPoints for a little extra on top. Now I just have to wait and see if Amex credits it.

I spent today writing down all the offers on the various Plats/Golds and making sure we're opted in so I can get them all done. I have a potential P3 and P4 and I'm not sure I'm ready to manage them lol Between my car accident earlier this year slowing me down and now recovering from Covid (thank you Harry Styles) I'm just done with everything.
Did you find the 19.99 price? I thought it was expiring a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter