• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks, I booked it I trust this thread and i may have obsessively looked at reviews last night too lol. is the shuttle for 59$ the best way to get there? were only going for a few nights I figure this is best.
We had a rental car, but we honestly didn’t use it the entire time we were there. My 19 year old told me last month that’s his favorite resort we have been to, but he loves monkeys so that might have something to do with it! Now I’m feeling like we might have to go back!

Plugging along on hitting my $15k for the Surpass. I think I'm less than $1k away now. I shifted spending there since I hit the MSR on the CIC and the Amex Gold Biz. I read on FB some are having luck getting Chase to match the 90k offer on CIC's if you signed up in the last few months. So I sent a SM and we'll see what happens. I just hit the MSR this week for it. For now I'll spend on the Surpass until I finally decide to pull the trigger for the MDD in Nov. AHHHHH! I'll be 5/24 when I do it, but I'll drop to 4/24 in Jan. So that should work nicely. I just have to hope Amex doesn't offer a FNC ($8k spend) on the Surpass like they did last holiday season, LOL. I think I can pull off the spend for the MDD.

My only other thought since other numbers haven't helped. I would think the manager at Staples, or wherever you got the card from, would have a phone number or email. They've got to have a way to contact them as well. Call and see if the manager can get you contact info. Worst case maybe you have to call a couple lf stores before someone can help, they don't need to know you didn't buy the card at their location.

Or see if you can find someone on LinkedIn.
I filled out the "contact us" on their website and chose "escalate to the the CEO" lol. I had a message today asking me for info. So hopefully I can get a new card issued!!!!

link to Jay Swanson?
also had this happen I booked the new air France planes got the old ones but for the 70k miles it was a deal so I guess I cant complain too much :)
He's on YouTube.
We got 4 J seats for 217K miles, I really can't complain.
AF has some really great deals, I've seen 15K miles from DFW to CDG in economy. We just don't have enough vacation time.

Looking forward to feedback on this property. I've been eyeing the Andaz and the Secrets all inclusive one for a potential trip sometime down the line.

We are visiting the Berkshires this weekend and staying at the Miraval there. I will be sharing my thoughts on the thread.
enjoy our fall foliage while you're up here in the NE! This is the most glorious time of year to be living in this part of the country....

Plugging along on hitting my $15k for the Surpass. I think I'm less than $1k away now. I shifted spending there since I hit the MSR on the CIC and the Amex Gold Biz. I read on FB some are having luck getting Chase to match the 90k offer on CIC's if you signed up in the last few months. So I sent a SM and we'll see what happens. I just hit the MSR this week for it. For now I'll spend on the Surpass until I finally decide to pull the trigger for the MDD in Nov. AHHHHH! I'll be 5/24 when I do it, but I'll drop to 4/24 in Jan. So that should work nicely. I just have to hope Amex doesn't offer a FNC ($8k spend) on the Surpass like they did last holiday season, LOL. I think I can pull off the spend for the MDD.

I filled out the "contact us" on their website and chose "escalate to the the CEO" lol. I had a message today asking me for info. So hopefully I can get a new card issued!!!!
Good luck on both the offer match, when did you apply for the card? DH last opened his on 9/1, I think that's too far out for a match. But I am good for another Chase card, so hopefully that offer becomes public soon.

And hopefully we'll see an increase offer on the CSP so you can get 2 great SUBs. Which one will you apply for first, CSR or CSP?

We had a rental car, but we honestly didn’t use it the entire time we were there. My 19 year old told me last month that’s his favorite resort we have been to, but he loves monkeys so that might have something to do with it! Now I’m feeling like we might have to go back!
Any more details of your stay would be welcome. We are booked for Spring Break next March. Not planning on a rental car. I am following a local CR guide on Instagram so will probably be booking some stuff through him. Also hoping to book a tour through Chase portal to use URs. Any tours you did that you'd recommend?

i haven't found good crab cakes at bwi if you find it let me know. nothing beats g&m :)
We used to get great pizzas and subs from G&M back in the70’s. I didn’t like crabs back then. LOL Best crab cakes I have found are from Pappas. They have a couple of locations, though none close to the airport. They do ship though. 😊

Last edited:
I think a lot of us are going to be in Costa Rica next year and many staying at the Andaz. I think @CyndiLouWho, @reliev, @NewbieMom and maybe @wanderlust7 ? My flights are pretty terrible and I don't think I even have a return booked (though I have a placeholder SW fare in hopes of a free change) and so far I've only booked for 5 nights between the Andaz and Tabacon, so I still have a lot of planning to do if we are actually going to make it there.

I think a lot of us are going to be in Costa Rica next year and many staying at the Andaz. I think @CyndiLouWho, @reliev, @NewbieMom and maybe @wanderlust7 ? My flights are pretty terrible and I don't think I even have a return booked (though I have a placeholder SW fare in hopes of a free change) and so far I've only booked for 5 nights between the Andaz and Tabacon, so I still have a lot of planning to do if we are actually going to make it there.
so incoming 10 andaz reviews? got it :) we were going to book punta Gorda but this hotel has so many good reviews and we arent all day drinkers anymore nor do I want to be :)
also I got 10 minutes into this and was like I need to book this now.
its long watch in 2x or skip around.

I know the CSR has an increased SUB of 80k with a $550 AF. Looks like the Venture X has an offer for 75k miles when spending $4k/3 months with an annual fee of $395. The AF is offset by a $300 travel credit and 10k anniversary points. Plus the Venture X earns 2x on everything. I actually really love my Venture X; I think it's a keeper card for me.

If you were thinking of the CSR, I would definitely compare it against the Venture X before making your decision. How you plan to transfer or spend your points might be key in making this decision.

so incoming 10 andaz reviews? got it :) we were going to book punta Gorda but this hotel has so many good reviews and we arent all day drinkers anymore nor do I want to be :)
also I got 10 minutes into this and was like I need to book this now.
its long watch in 2x or skip around.
I'm excited to go! Actually looking to chill a lot. I doubt I can do the more strenuous excursions anymore so I'll leave zip lining and such to DH and DS. I have booked 3 nights at Andaz and 4 nights at Los Altos. Flights are also booked, MDW to LIR on SW and SJO to ORD on AA (nonstop yay! ) Flight choices not great on SW and few nonstops on any airline from Chicago. Luckily found one way on AA for 30k but RT was more points than I have. SW are terrible, 6 am flights for 50k! Thankfully CP meant only 2 paid fares. Costa Rica is wonderful and I'm so looking forward to it even if it is 156 days away. :daisy:

I'm not sure why I'm so scared to buy $30k in ibonds at once, LOL. I purchased $1k yesterday for my DD to make sure it went through okay. It did so I did 4 more $1k for her. Then I did $5k for my son. I need to do $5k for me. Tomorrow I'll finish off in $500 increments for my DD, $1k increments for me and my son. I'm doing smaller chunks so if I need to cash in I don't lose interest on everything.

Good luck on both the offer match, when did you apply for the card? DH last opened his on 9/1, I think that's too far out for a match. But I am good for another Chase card, so hopefully that offer becomes public soon.

And hopefully we'll see an increase offer on the CSP so you can get 2 great SUBs. Which one will you apply for first, CSR or CSP?
I opened it on 8/11. So we'll see. I'm going to go for the CSR first as I want that one more so and then MDD for the CSP. No love loss if I don't get that one. Plus I'll likely downgrade the CSR to a CSP at some point anyways. We'll see.

Any more details of your stay would be welcome. We are booked for Spring Break next March. Not planning on a rental car. I am following a local CR guide on Instagram so will probably be booking some stuff through him. Also hoping to book a tour through Chase portal to use URs. Any tours you did that you'd recommend?
All our tours were down in Arenal so I’m not any help there. We did do the mixology class at the Andaz and that was so much fun.

Adding myself to the list! :) Going over Christmas this year, and I'm really looking forward to it. I'd love to make it to Tabacon also, but there's no availability for the dates I need. I have fond memories of the La Fortuna area, and would love to get back there someday.

What car rental company did you use? How long was the drive from LIR and was it easy? We've been to Costa Rica a couple of times and always had a private shuttle service take us around, but looking at the map Guanacaste looks to be pretty straightforward from the LIR airport, so I'm thinking we might actually be able to handle the drive. Is 4WD necessary?

I love all the Costa Rica talk. It's a trip we've been loosely talking about for years, as in, "hey we should go to Costa Rica!" but honestly other places were farther up on our lists so we haven't made it a priority. Now we are to the point where CR is one of the next two on our lists (that and Japan) and so we are looking to go either next winter 2023 or in winter 2024. I asked a question or two a month or so ago, and I've already been looking into the Hyatt properties, and taking notes on all these posts and researching, researching, researching. So I look forward to incoming reviews when you guys all go!

He's on YouTube.
We got 4 J seats for 217K miles, I really can't complain.
AF has some really great deals, I've seen 15K miles from DFW to CDG in economy. We just don't have enough vacation time.
I must have missed the conversation. Is this a site for finding deals on seats overseas? I’ve been booking directly with UA but I’m sure there are better deals out there. Usually it’s 30,000 points one way in economy from IAH to Frankfurt, Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter