• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d wait a couple months and pay them off first. The future has a wicked way of screwing with us when we think we know what’s in store.
True words. You can also check your own credit scores and see what they look like. It takes a bit before the facts actually register on the score. If your scores are up and your payments are on time, your utilization across the board will be what matters.

maybe we should start a cr thread for everyone going to the Andaz Costa Rica. They have transportation for up to 4 people for 150. They also have a all inclusive food. I looked at the price of oysters they were steep I think I could eat the ayce oysters. @WardFam did you do this?
I think i could eat the food alone.
1666349415599.png

That's when I opened mine! What did you reference when you asked? It looks like the website is still showing 75k. Where did you find the 90k?
I am ready to apply for an INK card but I have been waiting for the 90k offer to go public. From what I can gather the 90k offer is an in-branch offer and also possibly targeted. I really need a SUB right now so I am tempted to just go with the existing 75K offer and then ask to have it matched. I wonder if it matters whether you use a referral link or not. The 6k spend would also be nice if I can get that. Oh gosh, what to do, what to do.

Meantime I am lowering my CL. Maybe I should look into an AMEX biz card while I wait on Chase.

Ugh. My return flight opened up but AA only has the cash flights loaded. I can't get a milage flight to pop up for tokyo back to seattle, sea to Tokyo or even mco to phx. It doesn't matter if I use the app, chrome or opera and incognito and Wi-Fi or just the cell also don't matter. They all come back with our system is having trouble. All just on 9/17. I can pull up cash rates.

I'll try on my work computer just in case and then I'll call later. Super frustrating since I set a couple alarms last night so I could book it before I gave up.

The miles did post after midnight so that dp from here was accurate that they posted 2 days after the statement closed.

We used to get great pizzas and subs from G&M back in the70’s. I didn’t like crabs back then. LOL Best crab cakes I have found are from Pappas. They have a couple of locations, though none close to the airport. They do ship though. 😊
I must be the G &M naysayer. I am not a fan. We have much better crab cakes up my way- RockSalt Grille, Fratelli’s. Yum! Now I am hungry for crabs or crab cakes.

maybe we should start a cr thread for everyone going to the Andaz Costa Rica. They have transportation for up to 4 people for 150. They also have a all inclusive food. I looked at the price of oysters they were steep I think I could eat the ayce oysters. @WardFam did you do this?
View attachment 712147
Can someone please share the Costa Rico itinerary? DS is not being helpful with 16th birthday spots. I was thinking maybe London but March looks cool and I would prefer warm weather but we have been to most of the Caribbean spots.

I must be the G &M naysayer. I am not a fan. We have much better crab cakes up my way- RockSalt Grille, Fratelli’s. Yum! Now I am hungry for crabs or crab cakes.
I haven’t had G&M crab cakes but have you tried Pappas? So A-mazing! Never tried Rocksalt Grille or Fratelli’s. I need to google their location. I’m in B’more at least once or twice a year. 😊

Received an email from Southwest with some changes to the RR program and CP…biggest for me is starting 1/1/2023 you need 135,000 RR points in a calendar year to earn CP…but they are giving SW CC holders 10,000 points each year
To clarify, they're going to boost your points earned towards CP by 10,000. Those are not points added to your balance that are redeemable for flights.

Effective January 2023, Members with an open Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card on the first business day of each calendar year will earn one boost of 10,000 Companion Pass qualifying points each calendar year. The boost will be deposited into eligible Member's account by January 31st of the calendar year. When a Member opens a Rapid Rewards Credit Card after the first business day of the calendar year, they will receive one boost of 10,000 Companion Pass qualifying points up to 30 days after opening the Rapid Rewards Credit Card. Only one boost of 10,000 Companion Pass qualifying points can be earned each calendar year by each Rapid Rewards account no matter how many Rapid Rewards Credit Cards are open for the Rapid Rewards account. Eligible Members will see the boost added to their Rapid Rewards account by logging in to their account on Southwest.com®. The Companion Pass Qualifying Points boost cannot be used for redemption.

Was able to call American and get my return flight booked. He didn't know why I was getting the error for every milage flight I looked up but at least it's booked.

Also used UA miles to book my Tokyo to Okinawa and Okinawa to Osaka flights on Ana this week. 14,300 miles total and like 10 bucks. Just need the last 3 hotels to open up and figure out a rental car and the big pieces will be done.

To clarify, they're going to boost your points earned towards CP by 10,000. Those are not points added to your balance that are redeemable for flights.

Effective January 2023, Members with an open Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card on the first business day of each calendar year will earn one boost of 10,000 Companion Pass qualifying points each calendar year. The boost will be deposited into eligible Member's account by January 31st of the calendar year. When a Member opens a Rapid Rewards Credit Card after the first business day of the calendar year, they will receive one boost of 10,000 Companion Pass qualifying points up to 30 days after opening the Rapid Rewards Credit Card. Only one boost of 10,000 Companion Pass qualifying points can be earned each calendar year by each Rapid Rewards account no matter how many Rapid Rewards Credit Cards are open for the Rapid Rewards account. Eligible Members will see the boost added to their Rapid Rewards account by logging in to their account on Southwest.com®. The Companion Pass Qualifying Points boost cannot be used for redemption.

Good point! Getting free points for holding any SW cc would be too good to be true.

Will be interesting to see if it's possible to get the 10k towards CP twice by having the card at the beginning of the year, canceling after the 10k posts (wait 30 days), and applying again. Terms would suggest no, but wonder how it'll work in practice.

Another change is that points will be forfeited if you don't cancel at least 10 minutes before the flight. I don't know if anyone does this, just a PSA!

Can someone please share the Costa Rico itinerary? DS is not being helpful with 16th birthday spots. I was thinking maybe London but March looks cool and I would prefer warm weather but we have been to most of the Caribbean spots.
I’ll share ours! We flew in and out of Liberia. Rented a car and drive down to La Fortuna. We stayed in the Casa Del Rio air bnb and did the hanging bridges with a guide (the guide had a telescope and spotted so much that we wouldn’t have seen!) we did white water rafting one day and pure trek canyoning another day. We also went zip lining. My kids were 11, 13, and 17 and they all loved it. Then we stayed 4 nights at the Andaz just relaxing at the pools and spending some time at the beach, playing volleyball and paddle boarding. It was both adventurous and relaxing

View attachment 712147
We didn’t, but it does sound intriguing!

ha, I love g&m and Fratellis (you mean in Landover right) :) never tried rock salt grille. and yeah I always want crab cakes. In Florida i gave up after about 20 tries I just wait until my yearly visit to MD.

Last edited:
Reply from Chase on the 90,000 CIU offer (card approved 9/10)

am pleased to confirm that we can match the 90,000 bonus points offer on your account, but the spending criteria will remain $7,500.00 and not change to $6,000.00. Our records show that you have not yet met the spending requirement of $7,500.00. Once you meet the required spend, please reply to this email to claim the offer and we will add 15,000 bonus points to match the 90,000 bonus points offer. We'll post the original 75,000 bonus points to your account within 6 to 8 weeks after the billing cycle in which you qualify.

am pleased to confirm that we can match the 90,000 bonus points offer on your account, but the spending criteria will remain $7,500.00 and not change to $6,000.00. Our records show that you have not yet met the spending requirement of $7,500.00. Once you meet the required spend, please reply to this email to claim the offer and we will add 15,000 bonus points to match the 90,000 bonus points offer. We'll post the original 75,000 bonus points to your account within 6 to 8 weeks after the billing cycle in which you qualify.
Nice!! I hope I get that same reply, still waiting...

DH received the same wording for his CIU opened 9/22. I requested for my CIC opened 8/23 and spend met and 15K URs automatically added to my account. Easy money for the time put in!

That's when I opened mine! What did you reference when you asked? It looks like the website is still showing 75k. Where did you find the 90k?

DH received the same wording for his CIU opened 9/22. I requested for my CIC opened 8/23 and spend met and 15K URs automatically added to my account. Easy money for the time put in!
Just adding my dp of successful match of CIU opened 8/11:

we are happy to inform you that we can match the new sign up bonus offer on your Chase Ink Business Unlimited account ending in XXX. Here is what you need to know: - Original offer is to earn 75,000 bonus points after you spend $7,500.00 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. - We will add the remaining 15,000 bonus points (to make total of 90,000 points) once you meet the $7,500.00 spend. - 75,000 points will be added automatically to the account as per the original offer. - Spend as on October 21, 2022 is $6,538.14. - You have to spend $961.86 more to reach the $7,500.00 spend. - You have until November 11, 2022 to meet the spend. - Reply to this email once spend is met and we will add the points for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter